Reus' Rants & Critiques

Users who are viewing this thread

Why in the OP's playthrough are the N.Empire not suffering economically when bandit parties are running rampant (indeed, why are the lords not considering the bandit issue a priority). Very dispiriting, though not altogether surprising for most of us, perhaps.

TW really should increase bandit size and frequency around fiefs with different cultures than the faction and if lords don't take care of them, the fiefs should at the very least be less productive and generate less income if not outright losing militia to bandit rebellions that can raze or take over the fiefs.

Miscellanous-notifications.Remove mentioning Paradox,remove it before anyone see,change it to "As in first Mount And Blade."
And also-All faces look similar,reviews say that.

I'm not sure if this is has been mentioned in the last few pages, or in the main post but I hope they change the Leadership skill tree. I think that's obvious as an EA game, though. I say this because the first two perks are useless. The medium XP per day for tier 1 to 3 troops, is literally 30 XP a day for one troop.

If you bring a squad of boys to fight some cloth wearing looter dudes, and auto resolve it, the amount of exp your troops get puts those perks into the ground. Like, level 200 of two-handed has a perk for exp on kill. That shouldn't be in two handed.

I think it's time to say it. Let's be honest here, the singleplayer mode, in its current state, is pretty much unplayable for MOST PLAYERS. You never know when you'll get a bugged quest. You never know when your game will crash. You never know when your save will become incompatible. So many issues, both minor and big.
I understand the devs need players to play the game and help them with many of these issues, however, most players won't be patient enough to do that and most likely request a refund. That's just how it is...

What have they been doing those 8 years?
What is this 8-year compliment anyway? What did you expect? Rockstar-quality game? I'm gonna post this quote over and over again. I translated a part from an interview with Armagan(developer)
All right, let's watch this (you probably won't understand it because it's in the Turkish language, I'll translate the important part) (video)
The interviewer asks something about 8-year stuff, not related.
Armagan "Sure we didn't say "We'll release it in 2019 let's just announce it now"when we decided to announce it (Bannerlord), but it is like this.. Although we have experience from our previous games, there isn't enough Know-How in Turkey. Our staff is extraordinary(positive meaning) skilled but our friends (employees) who come to work with us don't come to us with a lot of experience, they learn while they are working We also learn while we are working"
They are inexperienced, not like Rockstar or Ubisoft (The current version of the Bannerlord is much much better than ubi games tbh)

Great list of feedback. A bit sad that it's true, but it'll get better!

The ease at which a faction will snowball does give an interesting challenge though. Gonna be hard to start your own faction and conquer the land.

Good post and I agree with pretty much everything in it.

I am enjoying the game a lot though and haven't experienced that many bugs, and I think the game eventually will be really good. That being said I do wonder what they actually did these last 4 years, I understand they had to scrap and start over but surely stuff like scenes, sounds, 2D and 3D models should've been able to be ported over, which makes me think what their level designers did in the last what 9-10 years since not all scenes are done (I remember even before the official announcement there was a leak of it).

Graphics in singleplayer also seem quite downgraded compared to the multiplayer beta for some reason, I don't play M&B for good graphics but still some of the Vlandians scenes (my 15h playthrough has been mostly in Vlandia) looks like something I could throw together in Unity with bought assets in a day or 2.

Overall I just feel they have cut a lot of corners and I'm afraid they will never re-do these things. I expected much more lively cities, deeper dialogues, relationships, immersion and perhaps a big hidden feature or 2 like a co-op campaign or something in the likes.

Also what's up with the previously shown features from years ago suddenly missing? Build type for character creation, gangs in cities, units carrying banners etc. If they had them somewhat working 3-4 years ago why has no one finished it in the meantime..

At the moment it doesn't give the feeling this was a game developed by 100 people with Goverment funding and a huge war chest from Warband, but more a bunch of competent indie devs making a spiritual sucessor to Warband in a modern engine.

But hopefully with all the money they've now earned they'll turn this into the very best it can be and we'll all have a laugh about it in 1-2 years :smile: !

finally some actual criticisms of the game rather than GaMe SuCkS or I dIdNt ExPeCt iT tO Be SuCh A DiSaPoInTmEnT
The word that comes to mind is inconsistent before i started making loads of money via wood workshops i was very confused for about a month they were quickly declining in profit and went down to a point of like -500 per workshop then the next day it jumped up to 5000(i know it was probably a bug). This was the same with all of the other workshops as well would quickly keep declining in profit but wouldnt do what the wood workshops did.

Another thing thats bothering me is why the hell can a looter with no helmet take a arrow to the head at like 5 meters from my steppe war bow which cost me 21k to buy it and using the best arrows in the game that ive found stacked bodkin arrows. My archery skill is much lower than it should be as its all i have really used from horseback as the horse combat seems really inconsistent as well, ive had it where enemy troops hit me with their hatchet but my imperial lance and or sword doesnt hit them when it should. Im not even bothering to join my factions campaigns as i cant field enough troops to do anything due to the income being horrific and my village and castle income is lower than the upkeep for the 50 man garrison.
On another complaint about the combat but on foot half the time my blocks never work which i think is to do with the angle of the swing but ive had it where the enemy is blocking constantly and im just circling him hitting his shield head on and it just going straight through and its rather inconsistent with when this happens
Combat can be cheesed as well just by getting as close as you can to your opponent and circling and they cant block your attacks even though it hits their shield head on and just goes straight through their block/shield pretty much every time
Moral is also needs a buff of some sort i got attacked by a west empire army and was outnumbered and had inferior troops i ordered my infantry to charge when they got close and the shock of the charge mass routed them

The game clearly needs a lot of work still as to be expected from an early access title but i have faith that they can sort out all these issues out and seem to be releasing patches daily at the moment but we will see if that carries on or not

Last edited:
Apart from kicking working fine (you just have to attack immediately after the kick lands), I'm having all of the same issues.

Rather than going through the forums, TW should just go through your list (-:

I especially agree that the potential is very much there! I'm seeing all the makings of an amazing game. Just needs to be fully realised.

Back
Top Bottom