Can you give orders like in Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

I used to open up the map and give troop orders through there with my mouse in warband... Does anyone know if this is possible in Bannerlord? If not I think I'll refund as the game is impossible to play on my equipment as I cannot give troop orders and I'm just going to lose every time without control of my army.

Command menus are accessible under F1 F2 F3 F4 keys, you will figure out the rest. Also select your desired group of units to give order (1 for inf, 2 archer, 3 cav, 4 horse archer, and goes up to 8 for skirmishers, light and heavy cav).

Command menus are accessible under F1 F2 F3 F4 keys, you will figure out the rest. Also select your desired group of units to give order (1 for inf, 2 archer, 3 cav, 4 horse archer, and goes up to 8 for skirmishers, light and heavy cav).
Yeah, I don't have F-keys. Thus me wanting the old warband click style of orders.

I guess this means I refund as they made the game unplayable for me.

Yeah, I don't have F-keys. Thus me wanting the old warband click style of orders.

I guess this means I refund as they made the game unplayable for me.
lmao, they didn't "make the game unplayable for you"

You just don't own the correct equipment to play the game. It's a YOU issue, not a Taleworlds issue.

lmao, they didn't "make the game unplayable for you"

You just don't own the correct equipment to play the game. It's a YOU issue, not a Taleworlds issue.

Has nothing to do with my equipment, has 100% to do with a feature being removed that I used in the previous games. Its my choice whether I feel the game is worth my $ or not. It IS up to Taleworlds to make a product I want to use or I don't need to leave my $ with them.

Just rebind the keys in options menu.

I straight up hated trying to use this control scheme in the previous game and went to the backspace + click menu because it made sense. I honestly don't want to rebind the keys and this is a big enough missing feature for me to refund without a dev post saying they are going to fix it.

Now if the devs or a community manager simply say in this post, We hear your issue, we know about it, We *ARE* going to fix it eventually. This will prevent me from refunding the game as I know the issue has been heard and is taken seriously.

Last edited:
6DB3F18AEF820970DF04CB14FAEAC164B57E7EC7

Why can't I use a mouse on this screen like warband ?

Why can't I use a mouse on this screen like warband ?
Not sure if it works there but middle mouse button activates mouse on some screens atleast. Also I think they just went for more realistic approach of command troops as the commander in the field, not as a god who sees the overview map. If you die as the commander or are knocked out, your troops will obviously have a hard time organising tactically. If this missing feature is a dealbreaker for you, you might need to refund atleast until the full release, at which point it might have been added in vanilla or mods.

Not sure if it works there but middle mouse button activates mouse on some screens atleast. Also I think they just went for more realistic approach of command troops as the commander in the field, not as a god who sees the overview map. If you die as the commander or are knocked out, your troops will obviously have a hard time organising tactically. If this missing feature is a dealbreaker for you, you might need to refund atleast until the full release, at which point it might have been added in vanilla or mods.

Well I don't want the map. Just to be able to control the commands with the mouse... Back in the warband days I tried learning the F-key style and I always gave my men incorrect commands on accident. It was unproductive for me because it took more time trying to figure out what keys to press as function keys are not normal presses in any games, Nor my day to day usage.

I'm a visual learner so seeing this does this click click. Guys do what I want. Rather than Look at option on screen, start looking down at keyboard and counting which of my blank black keys is that F# because its not second nature to me at all and by the time I've got my guys to do 1 command... The enemy is upon us.

But with the old click style it was like You guys move forward twice, move closer together twice, Form a line now. While they are moving I'm clicking on the other guys telling them to spread out and move back. All while using wasd to move my character but losing camera control.

I could go on a quest of remapping all the keys in the game to something that is going to work... But this is early access... What happens when the game updates and blanks my keybinds and I have to spend a while rebinding it all then the next patch hits and does this? Not saying this will happen but I've experience such things in EA, So I consider it inside the realm of possibility.

I understand the whole EA thing and what it means... I just assumed that core functionality would be the same in this game than the previous one.

Dispite what my forum account says I do own all their other games except the viking one. I refunded that because I could not get through the intro in Linux.

This feature not existing now is not a game breaker for me if the devs communicate with us and let us know our feedback is being heard and considered, This is the intended purpose of EA after all.

Wait, what keyboard doesn't have F keys? also I can't imagine that the game will be very enjoyable for you if all you can do is use your mouse in battles...It's probably best that you refund the game and come back when you can afford a basic PC setup

Well that's bad. I don't think the map will find it's way to bannerlord. because you can use your view to set go to this position without going there, so that removes the need for it i think. Maybe mods will bring it back. shouldn't be to hard to do that

Well that's bad. I don't think the map will find it's way to bannerlord. because you can use your view to set go to this position without going there, so that removes the need for it i think. Maybe mods will bring it back. shouldn't be to hard to do that
Like I said its not the map I want. Just being able to click the options on that screen instead of being forced into the other style or having the option to do somewhere.

Wait, what keyboard doesn't have F keys? also I can't imagine that the game will be very enjoyable for you if all you can do is use your mouse in battles...It's probably best that you refund the game and come back when you can afford a basic PC setup
Ignorance is bliss. Because everyone buys equipment for the same purpose right? :roll:
I could reprogram the keyboard to *have* function keys or move my keys around, But I want to be able to control the game in the way I played the *previous* game for years. This is should have been an expected feature and it being missing should be considered an issue when in the previous game it is considered core functionality.

If you are able to rebind the f keys somewhere else, u can see here how easy and much better it is to use keys instead of mouse which would take longer, and remove the ability to swing your sword while doing commands, which sometimes is very needed.

Even keyboards that don't have dedicated f keys, normally there's an 'fn' button you can hold down in combination with the regular 1-0 keys.

Back
Top Bottom