East India Company - An AoB Mod [RECRUITING]

Users who are viewing this thread

Banastre

Sergeant
This planned mod is based on the exploits of the East India Company (obviously in India) in the 18th century (slightly earlier than the time of the Seven Years' War).

Factions:

British East India Company

Founded in 1600, the East India Company, formally called the United Company of Merchants of England Trading to the East Indies, provided a vital supply line for what was then only a fledgling British Empire. The Company utilizes well-trained British regulars skilled in the art of desert warfare and survival. They also utilize Welch Fusiliers and Sepoy Mercenaries.

Pros: Excellent infantry

Cons: Small unit numbers, average melee

French East India Company

To counter the British Company and to provide themselves with the great wealth of the East, the French founded their own East India Company in 1660. Like the British, they use well-trained regulars adapted to desert life. They are a bit less accurate than their British counterparts, though they are slightly better in melee combat.

Pros: Second-best infantry, good melee

Cons: Infantry aren't as accurate as their British adversaries

Maratha Empire

A now massive empire in India, the Marathas have overcome a grand deal of obstacles, from their fierce Mughal foes to expansive European settlers. Though they have enjoyed success after success with their military and the grand power they possess, they are now being threatened by new European adversaries.

Pros: Experienced troops, large unit number, strong cavalry

Cons: Troops aren't very good shots and are only average in melee

Mughal Empire

Previously controlling India with an iron fist, the Mughals were practically unstoppable at the turn of the 17th century. However, the tiny Maratha Confederacy rose up and delievered crushing defeats to their armies, weakening the empire substantially. However, they still remain a threat regardless, and will stop at nothing to regain their former glory.

Pros: Very large unit numbers, good cavalry

Cons: Very weak troops

Durrani Empire

The Durrani Empire was a mighty foe to Persia and the Mughal Empire. However, the Mughal Empire rapidly declined, leading to the Maratha Empire becoming a potent threat. The Sikh Empire also poses a challenge.

Pros: Same as Mughal Empire

Cons: Same as Mughal Empire

What I plan to include in this mod:

A completely new map

Naval Warfare

Unique faction units

Cannons

Progress so far:

Development team: Need more members

Troops and Generals: 80%

Map: 0%

Naval Warfare Implementation: 0%

Good luck Banastre; I presume you'd be continuing the modding for Warband (or modding M&B post Warband). I've pulled down my flag; I'm with Mount & Musket now and they're using a lot of my stuff. Of course I'd post a final release, but good luck on your mod.

Hello,

I'd like to help.  I have no experience, but I do have some time.  If you tell me what you need and point me in the right direction.  I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

ATTENTION: I've joined the Musket Madness group and plan to make this mod for Warband. I MAY release an alpha version of this, but chances are this will be postponed until Warband.

Back
Top Bottom