Age of Blackpowder: 1716 (dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Almalexia

Her Flamboyance, the Calipha
Duke
1716: The Austro-Ottoman War

Alright, we'll be putting all of our Ottoman and Austrian goodness here. Anyways, this 'expansion' for 'Age of Blackpowder' will be focused on the Austro-Ottoman war of 1716-1718. The Ottomans hunger for revenge for their defeat at Vienna, and are eager for war to break out to once again attempt to become the masters of Europe. They first started to inflame relations with Europe by defeating one of Peter the Great's armies, one of Europe's great powers. However, the war itself started after the Ottomans retook Morea (in Greece) from the Venetians, which violated the terms of the treaty signed 1699. When they refused to return it to the Venetians, the Austrians declared war. This begun another bloody chapter in the wars between the Wall of Europe, and the great Empire of the East. It is in this conflict you ride out, unknown, unheard of, to make your name, and perhaps, change history.

I'll be putting in ideas, progress, research, etc., below.

Upcoming features:
A new map in the Balkans, Anatolia, and Italy, as well as Greece, Sicily, Malta, and parts of the Germanies
Sailing! Sail the Adriatic, Mediterannean, and the Black sea!
Historic Units! From the famed Jannisaries, to Hungarian Hussars, and Austrian Aristocratic Cavalry!
New scenes! From ancient Medieval castles to Modern 18th century fortresses!
New weaponry, armors, and uniforms! Deck yourself in Aristocratic clothing, cuirasses, Austrian uniforms, and Spahi armor!
Exploding barrels! For mindless, exploding fun!
Factional and Regional troop trees! Feel the exclusive awesomeness!

Team:
Bjorne, chief modder dude!
Tiberius Decimus Maximus, chief researching guy with a long name Stepped down, on account of it being the summer
Antifiriz: Scene maker, Ottoman knowing extraordinaire!
Venitius: Researcher Helper Dude!
Soviet Soldier: Uber 1716 Sub-Leader lad!
Dibujante: New researcher/coder guy!

Progress, News, Etc.
The basic area for the map (current map area in Magenta):
MAPMAPMAP1.jpg

A model for one of the ships:
Shipi.jpg

:cry: *tears is flushing for my eyes.*  :cry:  :grin:

Wow.. this will be epic. You done it again you all mighty Tiberius...

I will sticky this topic so you guys (including me) will have it quickly availible. Not that anything gets lost in this board though :grin:

I'm updating it at the moment, making the wording more shiny, adding the current progress, working on the team right now, and adding the list of features.

Well made it would be really cool, you could ask the seadog-mod-devolper-guy about how he handle it :smile:

You think what we need to do?. We need to make the expansions almost from scratch.. Since I no longer got the ModuleSystem from the version I got now. But. Still it's the resources and the other stuff that is the important parts of the current mod. But I will make a .zip file of all the things you guys need. Well then. This will turn out good I think.

this will be epic beyond proportions  :twisted:
so wait are you guys going to make it so you can fight out in naval battles (or is that not possible)?

That is quite possible. While I doubt we can get cannons actually working, they will still be there as props. Also, expect a lot of fun battles with Barbary pirates  :wink:

Anyways, I'm researching the Janissaries at the moment, and they seem like a real fun bunch. Anyways, first off, I'll post some pictures of them so you get the idea of what they were like, then I'll go a bit mor in depth with the organization, etc.

Here is a whole collection of them, which shows pretty much most of their uniform's variaties:
180px-Janissary-soldiers.jpg

Heres another example, which shows a more in depth look at their standard armament, with quite a few pistols, a sword, and, though not pictured, their musket:
A-Janissary-And-A-Merchant-In-Cairo,-Illustration-From-The-Valley-Of-The-Nile,-Engraved-By-Charles-Bour-1814-81-Pub.-By-Lemercier,-1848.jpg

I also found a fairly interesting varient, with a pelt draped over their shoulder, which you may or may not use:
Ralamb_Janissary_1.jpg

And finally, I found something fairly interesting. It appears the Polish used Janissaries as well, from the looks of it:
PolishJanissary1770.jpg

Revoltie said:
Guess Janissaries aren't that ornate, cause they were line troops weren't they?

Depends on what you consider 'ornate'. If you mean covered in gold, than no. If you mean plenty of gold lace, silks, and the finest weaponry the Sultan can give, than yes. These were his elites; every bit as good as the Napoleon's Imperial Gaurd.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Ah, that would be interesting. A picture of a Pandur, was it?
Yep. ^_^

That Musket is from 1760 though, but Bjorne says this Mod is not historical. This mod is not historical, but this Expansion is sure as hell historical, so I don't know If I should make the Musket.

SovietSoldier said:
Yep. ^_^

That Musket is from 1760 though, but Bjorne says this Mod is not historical. This mod is not historical, but this Expansion is sure as hell historical, so I don't know If I should make the Musket.

Oh do it, it's fine. Besides, if I remember correctly, my phrase is 'historical units'. No need for accuracy there. But anyways, history aside, lets just make this mod fun. I mean, we should try and avoid major historical inaccuracies, but little things like that? Should be fine.

SovietSoldier said:
Yep. ^_^

Oh do it, it's fine. Besides, if I remember correctly, my phrase is 'historical units'. No need for accuracy there. But anyways, history aside, lets just make this mod fun. I mean, we should try and avoid major historical inaccuracies, but little things like that? Should be fine.

I am also making up Austrian Names. Antifiriz can do the Turkish ones.

Back
Top Bottom