Arena Expansion Mod (v1.7.2, for M&B 1.010/1.011)

Users who are viewing this thread

Septa Scarabae

Knight at Arms
NOTE: Heavily commented python source files are included in the Arena Expansion installation folder, in the "source_v1.7.2_mb_1.011.zip" file. You will need to have the v.1.010 python source files provided by armagan; just copy them to a new folder and unzip the file there, letting it overwrite. Be sure to update the "module_info.py" file to point to another folder. If you have questions about any of my changes or comments, feel free to PM me on the TaleWorlds forum and I'll see if I can help you out.

Any other mods are welcome to include part or all of this mod in their own, I simply ask that you credit Janus in your readme.

Arena Expansion Mod v.1.7.2 (22.9MB)

Known Issues:
-: 6v6 Fortified Arena is not working as intended.

Download:
-: Arena Expansion Mod v.1.7.2 (03.23.09)

Old Thread:
-: Arena Expansion Mod (v1.6, for M&B .751)

Feature List
1. Now instead of just 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 combat in the arena, there are many possibilities.
If you choose "Standard Matches", there are options for 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 4 vs 4, and 8 vs 8.
The other combatants in an 8 vs 8 will be similar in difficulty to the original arena combatants. However, as it goes down to 1 vs 1, other combatants will be a bit more experienced. Expect to face tougher opponents in 1 on 1 fights. However, expect to get mobbed in the chaos of 8 vs 8 battles.
In 1 on 1 fights each combatant gets matched gear, and horse archers are replaced by a horse + 1-handed sword + shield combo (only in 1v1 though).
If you choose "Exotic Matches", you have the options of 2v2v2v2, 6v6v6v6, 6v6 in a fortified version of the standard arena,  a 1v1 jousting match, and a fisticuffs match.
The four team matches (2v2v2v2 and 6v6v6v6) take place in a new arena designed specifically for four teams. The jousting match takes place in another new scene.

The 6v6v6v6 is easily the hardest for someone wanting a real challenge. 6v6v6v6 is definitely not recommended for low level characters.
For people wanting to make the most money, the 2v2v2v2 matches are the way to go since your bet value is doubled (due to 4 teams instead of 2).

The jousting match consists of 2 rounds, the horseback joust in the first round and a melee on foot afterwards as the second round. You have 4 weapon choices before the match for the melee round. In the melee round, competitors unhorsed in the joust will be weakened quite a bit.

The fisticuffs match currently takes place in the jousting arena, with only arena heroes taking part (no standard troops). Both competitors are stripped to only undergarments and boots, and must use unarmed combat to subdue their opponent.

2. Tournament Master now tracks your wins, losses, and win percentage. Just pay attention to the opening dialog to get this info.

3. The player gets to choose which of the battle types (1 vs 1, 8 vs 8, etc.) they want to enter into or watch, rather than having it randomly chosen.

4. There are now crowd noises that play throughout each battle. There is a general crowd shouting at the start of each match, cheering for each enemy combatant KOed, a crowd "awww" sound when player's team members are KOed, and a louder "awww" when the player is KOed. If the match is completed and the player is still standing, a longer, louder cheer plays.
There's currently no actual crowd to go with the sounds; so sue me. They would eat up performance anyway.

5. New combatants. The arena originally had 3 heroes along with regular, veteran, and champion fighters.
Two new (and tougher) heroes have been added. "Velios" is a master archer; fear him if he has a bow, even on horseback. "Dagoth" is a very skilled melee fighter and the most powerful combatant; he's generally toughest with a sword or a lance. These two heroes only show up for battles smaller than 8 vs 8 for regular matches, though they do show up in all "exotic" matches such as the 4-team ones.
There is an additional joke NPC added named "Michael"; might look familiar to some. He's very weak in general, but is can run fast and handles a pole like none other (massive polearms skill).
Other combatants new to the arena: dark knights, dark hunters, hired blades, watchmen, fighter women, and in 1 on 1 only matches vaegir and swadian knights.

6. Betting amounts have been changed to a sliding table based on the player's level so that you can bet more in the arena as you level up.
Code:
Player Level    Can Bet:        5       20      40      75      150     300
------------                    -       --      --      --      ---     ---
1-2                             X       X
3-5                             X       X       X
6-9                                     X       X       X
10-20                                           X       X        X
20+                                                     X        X       X
7. Larger rewards (denars and experience) are given for winning most matches. This also depends on the match type; 1v1 and 2v2 still give little experience and reward for winning, while tougher matches like 8v8 and 6v6v6v6 give much higher rewards for winning. Additionally, if you place a bet on 4-team matches (whether you join in or not), your possible winnings will be nearly doubled since there are twice as many possible teams as regular 2-team matches.

8. All combatants get leather gloves and leather boots. No more wearing your own boots.

9. Some non-arena changes. All ranged ammunition (arrows, bolts, jarids, etc.) has been increased a bit. 7 jarids -> 12 jarids, 24 arrows -> 36 arrows (less for bodkin or barbed), and so forth. Hope nobody minds. Non-arena battles now no longer auto exit, allowing you to stay as long as you want.
Party heroes (Marnid and Borcha) are now rewarded after each successful world-map battle stage based on the number of enemies defeated, getting 3x the number of defeated for XP and 4x the number of defeated in gold. This way they have money to pay for equipment you give them, and will level up a little more quickly than before. The rewards have been reworked for .750 to work exactly as they should. You will be notified on-screen of how much XP and gold each of your companions received.

Changelog
v.1.7.2:

• -Arena helmets changed.
    -Joust helmets changed.
    -Face codes updated.
    -Shields removed from joust.
v.1.7.1:

• -Resolved issue with standard matches.
v1.7:

• -Updated to M&B 1.010/1.011
    -Zendar added back in-game.
    -Zendar Trainer enabled.
    -Zendar Tournament Master enabled.
    -Converted arena costumes to Native.
    -Source files updated in "source_v1.7_mb.1.011.zip"
v1.6:

• -Updated to M&B .750/.751.
    -New Fisticuffs match added to the exotic match list. Only heroes take part. Both opponents stripped to undergarments and boots and must use unarmed combat.
    -Four team scene has been updated to lower the walls a bit, in order to remove the slope so people and horses don't get "stuck in the wall".
    -M&B release .750 has fixed the troop duplication bug which would cause an extra blue team member in the first 6v6v6v6 match of a game.
    -Hero rewards script completely redone, works perfectly now and reports the amount of xp and denars given on-screen.
    -Jousting opponents now have red/blue team shields instead of heater shields. Jousting scene updated slightly as well to incorporate red/blue shields on the sides.
    -Small changes throughout much of the arena dialog.
    -Toned down damage of tourney lance a bit and adjusted team shields to have slightly better stats.
    -The castle assault mission triggers were changed to let you stay as long as you like and to reward party heroes like regular battles do.
    -Small correction to a couple of lines in the cheering script which could give incorrect cheers.
    -New face codes for Dagoth, Velios, and Micheal to work with the new face generation system.
v1.5.2:

• -Now cheering differentiates between friend and foe. When enemy team members are KOed there is a cheer, but when the player's teammates are KOed it gives the "awww" sound (louder "awww" if the player is KOed)
    -Joke NPC hero
    -Michael added: weak in general but runs fast, and can handle a pole like none other
    -4-team arena scene updated to include some AI limiters to keep them from getting stuck in the cul-de-sacs.
    -Source files updated in "source_v1.5.2_mb.731.zip"
v1.5.1:

• -New crowd noises in every match. Crowd shouting at start of match, cheers when someone is KOed other than the player, an "awww" sound when the player is KOed, and a longer louder cheer when the player wins a match.
    -Reworked the jousting match to split it into two (one mission template for each round) and cleaned up it's code some more. Some of these changes seem to have fixed the "Player not placed on scene" crash. <fingers crossed>
    -Jousting armor weakened slightly to make melee round less of a hassle if you lose the first round
    -I converted the arena team textures down to remove alpha; saves on file size of mod with little difference to quality (since little metal is in arena team armor/shields)
    -Source files updated in "source_v1.5.1_mb.731.zip"
v1.5:

• -Invisible team armor/shields should hopefully be fixed now, let me know if it's not
    -Team shields boosted from 200 to 300 to last longer
    -Rewards to Marnid and Borcha after battles reduced by 1/4 (to 3X instead of 4X)
    -4 team matches have one less horse per team (pear mace+shield on foot now) to improve scene performance
    -Lance used in joust doesn't do quite as much damage now, thus lower polearms proficiency gains from joust
    -Scene terrain codes had to be updated to look right for .731, so scenes were rearranged to fit the new terrain
    -Jousting melee round didn't properly weaken one weapon loadout; fixed
    -Jousting scene is duplicated to a second copy for the melee round as a test to try and fix the "player not placed on scene" crash
    -Source files updated in "source_v1.5_mb.731.zip"
v1.4.5:

• -Joust now includes a second melee round on foot, where competitors who were unhorsed are weakened
    -Weapon can be chosen for the second round of the joust
    -Joust scene improved a bit in various small places
    -4-team arena scene now has grate blocked off by wood to ensure nobody can get out
    -BRFs and textures redone to take less space and be more compatible with combining into other mods
    -heavily commented source files updated in "source_v1.4.5_mb.711.zip"
v1.4.1:

• -jousting arena scene decorated somewhat by -GandalfTheGrey
    -fixed triggers on joust, so it won't reset after a knockout and gives a little more time for each pass
    -bug fixed: if player watched joust and a pass was inconclusive, player respawned as a competitor
    -slightly improved framerate in 4-team, smaller terrain map
    -fixed grate for 4-team to block exit
    -Marnid and Borcha are now rewarded after each successful world-map battle stage, getting somewhat close to 4x the number of enemies defeated for gold and XP both
    -heavily commented source files now included in "source_v1.4.1_mb.711.zip"
v1.4:

• -new arena matches: 2v2v2v2, 6v6v6v6, fortified arena, and jousting
    -money and experience given for winning is now based on difficulty of match chosen
    -bet winnings doubled on 4 team VS due to longer odds (twice as many teams)
    -can bet on green or yellow team as well in 4-team matches
    -retextured armor and shields for red, blue, green and yellow teams by dablade
    -new Fortified version of the regular arena scene by Taurandhir
    -new 4-team arena scene by Taurandhir
    -new jousting scene, currently rather bare
    -1v1 jousting match gives full jousting equipment and warhorse, is timed, and resets the scene after 15 seconds for another pass if neither opponent is KOed (prevents circling)
    -mounted combatant with shield and 1h hammer shows up in 4 team arena
    -new "watched bet lost" dialog
    -tournament master tells you what team you're on after you choose a match
    -split in menu for standard (regular 2 team) matches and for more exotic matches (like 4 team)
    -toned the 2 additional heroes down a bit more
    -boots in arena changed to leather boots
    -Regular battles (not in the arena) will no longer auto-exit, allowing you to stay as long as you want
    -all ranged ammunition increased a bit
    -"undead version" is no more
    -faces of Dagoth and Velios redone

Contributors:

• -Janus
    -GandalfTheGrey
    -Taurandhir
    -dablade

Special Thanks to:

• -thadivine
    -n00854180t
    -Lurb
    -Thorgrim
    -Eagle114th
    -Kolba

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Yes, removing the shield for AI helps, so it will do couched damage.

I watched a couple rounds with shields, and a couple without them. You're absolutely correct. You can still receive the couched bonus with your arm extended, but I can remove the shields from the joust easily enough.

Oh well.

There was a Ron Perlman facecode I remember someone posted a while back. I'd have nightmares if I had to fight that guy.

I'm going to be honest with you fisheye, re-creating Michael is not on the top of my priority list. However, if someone were to re-create it and supply the face code, I'd be more than happy to edit it in.

I cannot seem to get it working at all. I installed the mod, then i selected it from the list ans pressed play. And when i talk to the Arena master, nothing  have changed he just offers me native match. Mod runs, but i dont know how to get to the New arena.

:eek:

Woah, I had absolutly no idea this was updated! Man, you need to post this is Forge so that poeple can see it.

I'll check out the code, but looks like I'll include it in HYW again.  :grin:

Llew2 said:
Woah, I had absolutly no idea this was updated! Man, you need to post this is Forge so that poeple can see it.

I'll check out the code, but looks like I'll include it in HYW again.

There are still a couple of bugs, but for the most part, it should be working as intended.

I'm unfamiliar with that mod, but Janus was very involved in early module development, is the TaleWorlds forum administrator, and hosts the M&B Repository.

Back
Top Bottom