Milld Suggestive Themes

Users who are viewing this thread

Boyyini

Recruit
I was looking at the rating for Mount & Blade. It was Teen for several things. But when  saw "Mild Suggestive Themes" I stopped...
Given the lack of female characters in M&B, I am suprised that there are any at all.
Where in M&B are suggestive themes? I havent seen or heard any in my time playing.

Don't ask Borcha quite why he likes the horses .....

Which rating system was it? The ESRB has some funny ideas when it comes to sexual content. They're probably appalled that you can see some of the ladies' ankles.

I think it's because Deshavi hints that she was raped. That's the only thing I can think of.

Or maybe when Bunduk states how he'd like to get to know Katrin a bit better or something. But honestly, I see nothing of the sort ...

Maybe they had a look 'round the forums and stumbled across this:
mb18.jpg

mb17.jpg

Probably the fact that you can strip down a female character at all gets it the Teen.

PS... not that I'm advocating it or anything  :roll:... but someone could theoretically make a nude mod... but I don't think ESRB takes things like that in account when rating a game.

IntelHydralisk said:
PS... not that I'm advocating it or anything  :roll:... but someone could theoretically make a nude mod... but I don't think ESRB takes things like that in account when rating a game.

I'd advocate the hell out of it. More so to add male models in too!

It was the scene that Ruthven posted, that was even worse then the dead farmer with the jarid sticking out of his anus to ESRB, AKA Eternal Sissy Rat Bastards who are in charge of the ratings.

It's also got "Alcohol Reference" as one of the major points, because you can buy ale and wine for your troops (Oh, the horror! Think of the children! This is why society is as it s today! :shock:).

It's for various reasons.  Deshavi hints at various mistreatment by her male...associates, Nizar is probably the most sexual of the NPCs - speaking of his skill in "the bedchamber", and implying that he's slept with various women across the country if you have him in your party.  Also, in the quests where you act to uphold the honor of a "lady" of a castle - often times the NPC she has you go duel speaks of her "bedding" with her stableboys and other crap like that. 

It's here and there.  "Mild suggestive themes."  People implying sex on various occassions, or accusing other NPCs of being sleezy, that sort of thing.  It is an appropriate rating.  ESRB almost always does a very good job with it's ratings.

Two Listen said:
It's for various reasons.  Deshavi hints at various mistreatment by her male...associates, Nizar is probably the most sexual of the NPCs - speaking of his skill in "the bedchamber", and implying that he's slept with various women across the country if you have him in your party.  Also, in the quests where you act to uphold the honor of a "lady" of a castle - often times the NPC she has you go duel speaks of her "bedding" with her stableboys and other crap like that. 

It's here and there.  "Mild suggestive themes."  People implying sex on various occassions, or accusing other NPCs of being sleezy, that sort of thing.  It is an appropriate rating.  ESRB almost always does a very good job with it's ratings.
You're absolutely correct, it is very appropriate. The fact that adults have sex from time to time, that's something we totally must shield our children from and make sure they never, ever find out. How else can we expect them to take it seriously and responsibly when they grow up?

Ringwraith #5 said:
Two Listen said:

You're absolutely correct, it is very appropriate. The fact that adults have sex from time to time, that's something we totally must shield our children from and make sure they never, ever find out. How else can we expect them to take it seriously and responsibly when they grow up?

Dunno about you, but I consider a young teenager to be a child. Your sarcasm is a little pointless, considering, aint it? And of course your ignoring the "blood" and "violence" that are also on the rating, and the fact that clearly the game is not for young children, who are still too stupid to get anything out of it, anyway.

Bellum said:
Dunno about you, but I consider a young teenager to be a child. Your sarcasm is a little pointless, considering, aint it? And of course your ignoring the "blood" and "violence" that are also on the rating, and the fact that clearly the game is not for young children, who are still too stupid to get anything out of it, anyway.
I don't think it's pointless, and I think I've ranted enough about the hypocrisy of the rating systems vis a vis violence and sex in the lady Chedina thread, so I'm not going to do that again here (and there was much rejoicing).

Sir Saladin said:
But think of the sweet innocent children. It is much better for them to see blood and guts and brains flying in all directions in a movie then to see a naked boob with an erect nipple, everybody knows that. :lol:

Unfortunately our societies have roots in the misconceptions that violence is 'heroic' while anything sexual related is a sin.
All our nations have their heroes but at the bottom of it they are basically mass murderers.
And it's ok for children to play with toy guns, but people get extremely upset if they show interest for sex.

Sick, sad world  :???:

Sword stabbed in a chest with blood spray coming out the other side, as the victim screams in pain >  pg 13  :mrgreen:

Sword slashed up, cutting open a woman's top revealing her breast > R 18 and banned    :evil:

Its funny how our leaders think about this, something we ALL have exposure to when were young, is horrible and sinful, but blood and gore and violence most of us will never see in our lives is fine  :roll:

Back
Top Bottom