Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Satanicus Imperial said:
at first hi ,Wicked! the mod is awesome,100times better than the original,but ihave 2 Qestions about it! 1.how can i go in the Imperial Palace;the damn Guards wond't let me in_and 2. How do i became a King?  plz excuse my english and maby stupid Questions,but i've lookt in the Forums but can't find an answer! Thx a lot  :mrgreen:
I think these questions belong to "The Wedding Dance" from Rosha :roll:
In that case
1. You can enter after your sister became queen.
2. You can't become king but your sister becomes queen with you as marshal. Check Chiksika's FAQ for more information but if I remember correct you will be contacted by Sir Vincent.

Hello!
I am new member and player!
Just download these files..

Custom_Settlements_0.675.rar
Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+03.7z
Custom Settlements 0.675.3 Patch.zip
Custom_Settlements_OSP_Add-On_1.20.rar

But there is not any help about in what order (sequence) i need to install all them...?
Please!
I hope someone can help me!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I get a bit cleared myself!  :wink:
Custom_Settlements_0.675.rar contains bouth of newest Add-Ons:
Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+03.7z
and
Custom_Settlements_OSP_Add-On_1.20.rar

So i just need install Custom_Settlements_0.675.rar and Custom Settlements 0.675.3 Patch.zip
Have I righ?  :roll:

Nearly,
Custom_Settlements_0.675.rar contains Custom_Settlements_OSP_Add-On_1.20.rar
Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+03.7z contains Custom Settlements 0.675.3 Patch.zip

First install Custom_Settlements_0.675.rar, then install Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+03.7z.

Hi,

My village is right next to the main castle place near the middle of the map and I attacked there patrols so it declined my relation with them, but for some reason (Most likely a bug) they can chase me from there base all the way to where Tulga is in the actual game.

Basically, I was wondering, How can I increase my relation with the faction? Is there a way?

Thanks
Toby

Also when they offer you to surrender, there is an option which you can give 1,000 gold to 'em. It increases relation by one and also the patrol which you paid the 1,000 gold don't attack to you.

I'm not sure if this thread is still alive, but it's worth a try. How do I increase relationships with heroes? Every time I go and talk to them, I get only "you're bad and must die" or "carry on"

English_Knight said:
I'm not sure if this thread is still alive, but it's worth a try. How do I increase relationships with heroes? Every time I go and talk to them, I get only "you're bad and must die" or "carry on"
When you help them in a fight you improve relations depending on the relative strength of the involved parties.
When you free (and don't just recapture) them your relations improve.
When you meet them outside and talk to them you can give them money. I think that only works when you initiate the encounter. I'm not sure if that works with negative relations though.

I have yet to find the bribe option. However, I have managed to recruit two heroes, but only because I freed them from their bandit captives.

You only get the bribe option when you have enough money, in that case at least 1000 denars.

Yo to all,

I've some questions:
1. how can I increase the productivity level in the town? (now 52, and I'm supposed to bring cattle to the settlement - how ?).
2. there's hardly anyone to fight with - bandits come in groups of 5-10, so neither me nor my crew have opportunity to gain exp. Is there a way to change this?
3. Ramun, the slave trader is now in Custow (the Rhodoks) - if I attack them, what's gonna happen to Ramun - where will I be able to sell slaves ?
4. how to take over another settlement (Charfield) without wiping out the population ?
5. If I give a newly claimed settlement to my  hero - how to ensure it won't be taken by the bandits ? (how to make my hero have enought troops inside?)

pretty please :smile:

madboy said:
1. how can I increase the productivity level in the town? (now 52, and I'm supposed to bring cattle to the settlement - how ?).
2. there's hardly anyone to fight with - bandits come in groups of 5-10, so neither me nor my crew have opportunity to gain exp. Is there a way to change this?
3. Ramun, the slave trader is now in Custow (the Rhodoks) - if I attack them, what's gonna happen to Ramun - where will I be able to sell slaves ?
4. how to take over another settlement (Charfield) without wiping out the population ?
5. If I give a newly claimed settlement to my  hero - how to ensure it won't be taken by the bandits ? (how to make my hero have enought troops inside?)
It's been some time so this is from memory:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Cattle was only planned so you can't find any. You can't increase your productivity when it reaches 50.
[*]Problem is, that the mod is far from balanced.
Without changing the mod files the easiest way would be to activate the mod cheats and port in some bandits (that is one of the reasons for the mod cheats).
[*]Ramun will stay in Custow. If you can't enter it peacefully you can't sell prisoners.
[*]That is possible with some difficulties.
If I remember correct you need a good standing with the settlement (20 or 50 or so) and it may not have a leader (a local hero with a good standing with the settlement)
[*]You can give your lord troops. If I remember correct he puts half as garrison and half as personal troop.
[/list]

Ok, big thanks for this.

Can you tell me please what to do next after I activate the cheats. How to plant more bandits ? (is it easy to explain or should I read up on this somewhere? )

BTW, if I give my hero a settlement will he/she still be in my crew or will make a separate band ? will they follow me? the same for Steward - is he going to stay in the castle ?

madboy said:
Can you tell me please what to do next after I activate the cheats. How to plant more bandits ? (is it easy to explain or should I read up on this somewhere? )
If I remember correct you need to enter a settlement, you should find the cheats in the menu. There are several, you can use cheats to upgrade settlements, add troops, create more peasants or bandits and so on.

madboy said:
BTW, if I give my hero a settlement will he/she still be in my crew or will make a separate band ? will they follow me? the same for Steward - is he going to stay in the castle ?
These lords will leave your party and start a separate band. I think you can ask them to follow you but I don't really remember. Unlike the steward he is mobile though but while he is in his settlement he should be in the castle room.

One more thing:

when in manor, there is a dialogue item with my hero "I want you to make this your home base" - what does that mean ? it's not about becoming steward, so what it is ?

madboy said:
when in manor, there is a dialogue item with my hero "I want you to make this your home base" - what does that mean ? it's not about becoming steward, so what it is ?
No, every hero has a home base, you can find the list here.
When you change that and then release the hero from your party he will return to his new home base and patrol there.

That way you could "hire" some heroes to patrol your settlement (just an example).

I know I'm super-rezzing this topic but it's stickied so I guess it doesn't matter? I dunno, I'm just a super-lurker.  Also, I realize the game is pretty much dead (or at least seeking a new leader at this point or something?) but in the chance that someone who knows some things comes across this and is able to help me, I'll go ahead and leave a question.

Is there a way to change which settlements become the first big cities OR is there a way to move Custow to a different part of the map?  I think many of the issues with boring/slow/uninteresting early-to-mid-game play stem from the fact that the largest "good" settlement is really not so far away from the largest "bad" settlement.  There is a whole sea of green punctuated with orange where bandits almost never venture because Custow creates a massive wall of patrols and hero parties that protect the rest of the world from the bandits.  This leads to players either targeting a different "good" faction to pad their pecuniary and slave income and just using the cheats to spawn in bad guys to fight.  If I could instead go in and change the main "good" city to one on the opposite corner of the map OR move the city itself then all other settlements would be between the main powers and would lead to much more interesting and dynamic settlement growth.  I just have no idea how to do this. 

I have plenty of experience with coding so any suggestions requiring changing text files are perfectly fine with me. Also, if this is simply impossible then that's ok, too.  I still love the mod to pieces and will continue playing it, I just think this one little tweak will add a lot to the gameplay.

TL;DR Can move Custow? May fix some issues.

Back
Top Bottom