Necromancy Skill Missing???

Users who are viewing this thread

I just downloaded the latest version of the mod from ModDB and created a necromancer character but there is no necromancy skill. Is this intended? I don't see anything in the changelog as well.

I just downloaded the latest version of the mod from ModDB and created a necromancer character but there is no necromancy skill. Is this intended? I don't see anything in the changelog as well.
Necromancy uses a reserved skill so it may not be listed in plain sight.
I don't really play test as a Necro so I am not sure of the current state of necromancy. It's no secret I prefer to have necros as difficult enemies not as player early empowerment (although some might argue its the hardest class over time). I might spawn one and see what it looks like in v158 A series. I won't be looking at v150 or v156 so bug reports from those are useless to me.

edit:
players starting as Necromancers are set to necromancy skill 7 at creation, along with every checkbox needed at the player database.

The menus for creating necromancy then scale according to effective necromancy skill = (player necromancy skill =7) + [(player level)/7)]
so at player level 7 the effective necromancy skill is now 8, at player level 14 the effective necromancy skill is 9, and at level 21 the effective necromancy skill is 10.

There is no access to necromancy skill to prevent players from editing their companion skills to try to slide necromancy into the companion by some presumed clever trick. If they do manage to hexedit the companion in the database they won't be necromancers either, but the party will fail morale checks anyway. Necromancer involves several toggles set at the same time or the skill fails.

There is no longer a method to become a necromancer after game start; for that, compile Guspav's code and forget all my changes, every last one of them. I'll leave instructions how to do that; it is a pretty simple process. His database model is completely different than mine, so savegames for one will never work on the other, in both directions. By the way, Guspav's necromancers are considerably weaker than mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom