Trying to do necromancy as a paladin

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey,
I'm trying to do necromancy as a paladin, but the game says I lose the skill points that I put into it. Is there anyway for me to edit the files to let me do be a Xaos paladin and do necromancy?

Hhahaha a necro pally.
Wasn't there meant to be a dark knight or something coming or added? like anti-pally like part necro or something?
Been a while since i checked these forums.

awkwarrd said:
Hhahaha a necro pally.
Wasn't there meant to be a dark knight or something coming or added? like anti-pally like part necro or something?

The max skill for necromancy is 15, but cheating to that level will allow only one day and one use where you can raise 50 vs 30 skeletons archers, it seems to be hard coded to reset back to 7.  This was tested with a character who choose necromancy from the start.  Still doing testing to work around.

In the current build v158 series A, selecting Necromancer as primary class does the following:

Necromancer skill is hard coded to 7 and is not editable. this blocks editing skill necromancy for companions or somehow expecting to be a necromancer player without toggling all the needed boxes in the database. Without these necromancer effects during battle are disabled.
I may make the summoning index from [Necromancer skill + (level/something)] , I will consider this.

necromancy skill = 7
intelligence +2
surgery +2
ironflesh +2
wound treatment +1

Next the skin is set to undead, gender male yielding zombie skin. "Female" would force skeleton skin so no gender selection here.
These are then applied:
Str +3
Cha -5
Int +4
Agi -3
alignment is set to Evil
player slots set for troop_is_mummy, troop_is_undead, troop_is_necromancer;
"$plyr_is_lich" = 1

The player is automatically added to the list of liches and necromancers during battle; this allows, among other things,
the chance for undead under your command to break free and join the opponent team if you are knocked out.
The automated lich effect I am willing to silently add to the player as a lesser lich; I'll look at that tomorrow.
I have a test character for necromancer created and built up; it is level 13 I think (such a number).
These flags will change how negative energy bust and positive energy burst apply to the player.
These also impact healing auras but not the ring of healing (which I'll look at tomorrow as well).

Finally, necromancers have slightly different effective magic resist - they are tied to the negative energy plane so their effective resist is less.
I may break that into components so that some spells the resist is more and others less but that has not been done to date.

Necromancers do automatically add to their party WITHOUT the player selecting anything at the weekly necro summoning tick;
They also have a small chance to add lesser undead from each enemy killed based on the size of the ress pool, which is determined at end of battle. This tends to fill the party fairly soon; undead in the party will seem to expand the party's capacity but this is because undead count as half a member and the limit for undead stretches as more undead enter the party. Full party blocks recovering ressurected party members after battle end, something to consider. All of these are automatic processes; the player does nothing and they happen anyway.

You will also lose favor non evil faction leaders who offered you vassalage, every few days, after a grace period expires.
Eventually that leader will remove you from their faction but my test at day 169 still has not had that occur. I suppose reaction status -37 is still not enemy enough for archmage Firaurd...

I am not going to maintain any version before v158 A series, so please don't argue with me how it is "supposed" to work.
I will have the complete source for Phantasy pre-2018 as Guspav had it, with not one change or addition from me, as a directory that you can compile, if my way isn't good enough. Take your pick or change it to match your version of what a necro should do; so long as I do not have to maintain it what you do on your private desktop is none of my concern. I'll test that no other resources are needed and provide the module.ini for his version. These details are exactly why I did not release today.

Hhahaha a necro pally.
I will not add such an abomination.

People are welcome to kludge their own version so long as it stays private; this is the joy of source code. I will not maintain their monstrosities though; and I may take minor amusement at their first 30 days tinkering with code, as it may be a bit more effort than many people expect.
I left far better documentation than I ever received, especially in the last 30 days. There are indexes to thousands of locations, to make it easier to find the right place. It may take a few hours for the theory of "how the mod actually works" to sink in though, fair warning.

Back
Top Bottom