Access cheatmenu item finder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey folks,

is there any way to access the 'find an item...' menu in this mod? I activated the cheatmenu in the PBOD mod preferences, but can't find the item finder function in the camp menu. Help is much appreciated!

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Are you on an old version of the mod? It used to be disabled in earlier versions but all the recent patches have this feature.

I added it back around L3, so    L3, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, N, N2, N3, N4, N5
    It's been in the last 12 patches, but some of those patches had a half life measured in hours.  That's been hmm 2 weeks?  Since just before I had the Hong Kong Flu.  Maybe its been 3 weeks...  Making whatever version you're still running ANCIENT.  Just plop the new patch over the files of the same name and it will auto-upgrade your savegame.  No need to start over.  No excuse except fear of me making a bad patch to not update.  I personally think N5 finally got it right; the earlier N's all crashed an burned.  Maybe I'm just now out of the shadow of the flu.  It really hit me hard, and I'm an old enough man.

Get the current patch always from
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

and by the way to Black Rider I got the updated shell helmet .brf, I just have not had time to do anything with it.  Weekends are mostly down time for me, as are nights.

Blast, I didn't realise that my version was so outdated. I've got v150j, downloaded it at the beginning of February on moddb. If I remember right the upload date of the file there was from January 2018, so I assumed it would be a pretty new version.

Well I gonna update it immediately and stick from now on to nexusmods.

is it me or not all the items are in the list? i dont see special armors and items in the item menu list, it's as if it reached a limit.

Is this intentional?  cause having to mindless wait for the days to pass by to refresh the special shop is a boring task at best.

(sorry old phantasy style player geting used to the new ways)

JaguarPT said:
is it me or not all the items are in the list? i dont see special armors and items in the item menu list, it's as if it reached a limit.

Is this intentional?  cause having to mindless wait for the days to pass by to refresh the special shop is a boring task at best.

(sorry old phantasy style player geting used to the new ways)

Don't know if it's intentional, but I've noticed it, too. :???:

On the plus side, the selection doesn't reset every time you buy something. Pretty handy if you haven't assembled your full companion party. :wink:

It's been awhile since I played, but IIRC there's a storage chest in the Inn. (maybe?)

you have to keep toggling next so that the range goes to the next 50 items. There are 1543 named items in game, per ID_items.py, so I am not sure if it reached a finite cut off.

[edit] checked and it cuts off at normal_items_end (which was "flintlock_pistol" and is now "drow_crossbow", which adds old bessie to the range as well) to specifically block summoned spells (and anything after that in items list).
Of course, in my opinion (at most) cheat items should be food/drink/crafting raws and possibly intermediates like chain_links.

I will not expand the range, but I may strip this functionality to just offer food/drink and crafting raws.

The cheat menu was for testing newly added items, and nobody here is actually doing that. When you edit the source, you can set it your way.
I am currently testing a Necromancer to add to my walk throughs, but again this is my least favored class and they are subtly nerfed; working as intended. I expect to release one week from now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom