Gamescom 2018 really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bjorntheconquerer said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Kehlian said:
Yeah the fact that we were promised an exciting new feature, and then given that...

I'm sorry, but where was that promised? I mean, we do have a few surprises to come, but I am certain I never said that you should expect an exciting new feature this week.

Callum did say this but I do not understand how some people thinks it is going to be in the next week dev blog. Also in last dev blog, Callum did not say something like "we have a surprise for you next week."

It's because in the latest blog thread someone asked Callum what next week's topic would be, and Callum said "You will have to come back next week to find out!". After this, someone immediately posted
"Nothing about next week huh. That means it's a suprise! :smile:))". I think that is where the confusion has come from.

Yeah, I know. Callum wrote a post about another thing after that and he did not say a thing for that surprise post. So I am also hoping that we will get a surprise next week but It is a bad thing to mislead people and make them expect for a surprise without any offical confirmation.

What. No, he did not mislead anyone at all. He was asked what was coming next week. He said we would have to wait and see. Just because someone misconstrued, or jokingly pretended to misconstrue (which is my interpretation of the smilies at the end) what Callum said, does not make Callum complicit in any confusion caused by that post. He probably hasn't seen that post, and if he has he may not have seen the one or two later posts in that thread or elsewhere by people who have apparently taken it for granted that there will be a surprise next week because one random forumite said so (with quite obvious sarcasm). He doesn't have the time to spend browsing the Bannerlord area as thoroughly as forumites like me or you, and if he did see such posts he might not have deemed the insanity to be dangerously widespread and thus did not bother posting a denial. Jesus Christ. Here is what Bluerays said immediately after Callum's post:

"Nothing about next week huh. That means it's a suprise! :smile:))"

That looks like the post of someone who understands that it doesn't mean 'surprise' in the sense of something special. If Callum read that he would probably not think that any clarification was needed. It's as if you have one rational part of your brain, and another totally irrational one that is desperately looking for any excuse to set you up for disappointment and a sense of betrayal. THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT NEXT WEEK'S BLOG, CALLUM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE GRABBING INDIVIDUAL WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT FROM THE SARCASTIC POST OF ANOTHER FORUMITE AND WILFULLY MISINTERPRETING THE WORD "SURPRISE" TO MEAN IT'S M&B CHRISTMAS TIME.

Oh wait :ohdear: :ohdear:

I did not say those things to Lord Callum, sir. When I said "It is a bad thing to mislead people blah blah." I meant the people who say "surprise is in next dev blog, guys" without any official confirmation.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
When we know more we will let you all know. Right now we are entirely focused on finishing the game. :smile:

While I understand the apprehension the team has to give any fixed release date and avoid the pressure of a deadline, do you think - for the people who've stuck around all these years - you could at the least give us an idea on how close to a playable state the game is development wise?

I don't think it an unreasonable request to make.

A battle was playable on the show floor at E3(?) last year, so you could say that it's 100% playable.

It's not 100% finished.

Having release delayed until it is actually finished is something very few game devs follow through with, but it seems that Taleworlds is trying to make something great, not just saleable. Every day that release is pushed back, there's more to look forward to, so I'm delighted that it's taking many years to create and I hope the team is also enthusiastic and happy about what they're achieving in however long there is yet to come.

Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
When we know more we will let you all know. Right now we are entirely focused on finishing the game. :smile:

It's not, and this is the first game I've followed which seems determined to hide development progress at any cost. If you can't be straight with people, then there's a reason for that, and generally it's never a good one. As the old saying goes, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

While I understand the apprehension the team has to give any fixed release date and avoid the pressure of a deadline, do you think - for the people who've stuck around all these years - you could at the least give us an idea on how close to a playable state the game is development wise?

Whilst you understand the blah blah blah...you want them to disregard their reasoning and issue what is tantamount to an estimate of when the game could be released, and you throw in a bit of emotional blackmail as well- oh, us dedicated fans who've been waiting for ages, will you really deny us? As if we've done something for them by merely waiting for the game and having an interest in it. It's a request that's been made dozens of times before, and you know the answer; thus this 'request' looks like carefully disguised moaning designed to prompt further hand wringing and woe is me despair from chronic worriers like...oh hello, Nordmann! Didn't see you there.

Nordmann said:
Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

It's not, and this is the first game I've followed which seems determined to hide development progress at any cost. If you can't be straight with people, then there's a reason for that, and generally it's never a good one. As the old saying goes, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

It's pretty clear they are nowhere near a release. I'd say 2019 At earliest is what we can hope for.
We have nothing left but waiting patiently.

TheVenatoS said:
Nordmann said:
Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

It's pretty clear they are nowhere near a release. I'd say 2019 At earliest is what we can hope for.
We have nothing left but waiting patiently.

Or you could hop off this **** show and get into other decent games

DanAngleland said:
Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

Whilst you understand the blah blah blah...you want them to disregard their reasoning and issue what is tantamount to an estimate of when the game could be released, and you throw in a bit of emotional blackmail as well- oh, us dedicated fans who've been waiting for ages, will you really deny us? As if we've done something for them by merely waiting for the game and having an interest in it. It's a request that's been made dozens of times before, and you know the answer; thus this 'request' looks like carefully disguised moaning designed to prompt further hand wringing and woe is me despair from chronic worriers like...oh hello, Nordmann! Didn't see you there.

Did I strike a nerve or something? I mean, yes it's been over six years the game's been developped and as someone who's thinking of buying it would appreciate having some clearer idea of how the game is doing by now.

If you think that's the equivalent of putting a gun to someone's head then you should consider looking up the definition of the term "Stockholm Syndrome".

Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

They gave us a rough assumption about release date in 2016 and failed to do so. As Callum already stated so many times, they do not want to give us rough assumptions but %100 actual release date for avoding ****storm.

Shaeris said:
DanAngleland said:
Shaeris said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

Did I strike a nerve or something? I mean, yes it's been over six years the game's been developped and as someone who's thinking of buying it would appreciate having some clearer idea of how the game is doing by now.

If you think that's the equivalent of putting a gun to someone's head then you should consider looking up the definition of the term "Stockholm Syndrome".

I never said anything about putting a gun to someone's head, I said it was emotional blackmail- appealing to a sense of duty to people who deserve something by virtue of having hung around long enough. What you were asking for is essentially the same thing as announcing a release date, something they have stated they don't want to give and that you said that you understood.

Crowcorrector said:
DanAngleland you are literally Exhibit A of what gaming Stockholm styndome looks like between Devs and a player.

Stockholm Syndrome?  This seems like a bit of a stretch to me.  Yes, it would be nice to know with some accuracy (perhaps what quarter of the year) of the date of release.  Perhaps the developer doesn't want a repeat of the Viking Conquest fiasco when the VC developers released before all the bugs were worked out.  I love VC and I think it turned out to be a fantastic addition to Warband, but I also recall the rancor that existed on the TW forums for many months after its initial release.

From my perspective and from what they have revealed, Bannerlord looks like it will be an outstanding game.  I am willing to wait for it if it will be released in a stable, relatively bug-free form.

Redleg said:
Crowcorrector said:
DanAngleland you are literally Exhibit A of what gaming Stockholm styndome looks like between Devs and a player.

Stockholm Syndrome?  This seems like a bit of a stretch to me.  Yes, it would be nice to know with some accuracy (perhaps what quarter of the year) of the date of release.  Perhaps the developer doesn't want a repeat of the Viking Conquest fiasco when the VC developers released before all the bugs were worked out.  I love VC and I think it turned out to be a fantastic addition to Warband, but I also recall the rancor that existed on the TW forums for many months after its initial release.

From my perspective and from what they have revealed, Bannerlord looks like it will be an outstanding game.  I am willing to wait for it if it will be released in a stable, relatively bug-free form.
Some bugs are hilarious tho. I remember one of the QA team mentioning a bug where all the people in the street ganged up on you naked. That'd been amusing actually.

Crowcorrector said:

This is actually a great term, wish I thought of that. Haven't seen much of dans posts, but plenty of others I've seen get hostile and attack you when you question things or seemingly insult their god TW. Its an odd case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom