[WPL] Congratulations, acknowledgements, and final thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

pxeLdOz.png
WOgMkR0.png

pxeLdOz.png

WOgMkR0.png
38dtOzc.png
pxeLdOz.png

WOgMkR0.png
-zU1y.png

pxeLdOz.png

WOgMkR0.png

FINAL  RANKINGS

Hey everyone! We've reached the end of the first iteration of the Warband Pro League. I hope you all enjoyed watching the gritty finals between the Knights of the Bound and the West Knights last night. I for one was on the edge of my seat throughout the contest. Anyways, I'd like to take a moment to thank those who made it the WPL successful. But before I do, allow me to congratulate our winners;

Congratulations to the West Knights on their victory. Picking up their fifth championship as a clan. You guys set the bar so high, and never seem to fall short. I think it's more than fair to say that you're the pride of NA. Thank you for partaking in the tournament, and enjoy that money! Next up, the Knights of the Bound. Congratulations on placing second in the tournament. You guys played sick throughout the tournament, your performance is a testament motivation and dedication. And lastly, congratulations and commiserations to my boys in TMW for placing third!

RRkzS2j.png
ht0gwlK.png

ggnxTTY.png

THANK YOUS

OUR SPONSORS

Massive thanks to MarkMods, SimRai, GameServers, and TaleWorlds for sponsoring this tournament. I'm not sure how the tournament would've turned out without your guys participation. The publicity and support we've gotten from you guys has helped develop our scene even further whilst also keeping it alive, and we're truly grateful for that. We look forward to working with you guys again sometime. 

STREAMERS

First off, thank you to Calamity for organizing and handling all things pertaining to streaming for the tournament. The progression we've made from our UNAC streams to WPL streams is astounding. We've finally got something to give MB_tv a run for his money, great work man. Secondly, massive thanks to Defeaning, the unsung hero of the NA scene. We couldn't have done any of it without you, thank you for all the time you've put in. Also thank you to all of our casters this season; Thunderbeu, Mad Dawg, Purzelblume, Clockwise, Cradoc, Azan, Zaffa, Vinny, Can, Beer, Troubadour, Captain Lust, Boogy, and Rhade. You guys kept us all entertained, I really couldn't have asked for a better cast, thank you for your time.

TEAM CAPTAINS

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to schedule, organize and sign your teams up for this tournament. We really appreciate it!

REFEREES

Being a referee isn't easy. Either you get things right and nobody says anything or you make one mistake and things go haywire. The community owes you guys a lot, as do I. Thank you for the time your time, and for making sure everything is running smoothly. Thank you to; Danate, Vitus, Zaffa, Vinny, Roberta, Can, Fietta, Nevino, and Heat.

THE COMMUNITY

None of this is even possible without you guys, so thanks for participating in-game and on the forums!

THE STAFF

The following people listed deserve so much credit for making the WPL what it is. Sjaeles, thank you for pouring your time into the tournament, whether it was making graphics for basically everything or other administrative work. Next up, thank you to Hani for creating the WPL and donating your time and money in order to make the tournament a success, none of this would've happened without you bro. Big thanks next to Tardet, it's been a pleasure working alongside you, thank you for all of your ideas and administrative work. And last but not least thank you to the old man Calamity. The work you put in administrating and organizing was nothing short of stellar. Your willingness to get things done, helped me make this tournament a success.

Also thank you to our consultants for providing us with valuable advice throughout the tournament!

Thank you all so much! 

OTHER

Thank you to Unicorn for creating the WPL module and the WPL stat recorder!
Thank you to Belendor for making these beautiful awards!
Thank you to Roberta for making these hype threads, and giving out prizes!

We're really grateful for all of it guys!

Cml71bf.png

JQZFHyX.png

5MJl9On.png

WHATS NEXT?

Good question, the second iteration of the WPL will take place sometime in 2016. But in the meantime if you're itching to get involved in another tournament I suggest that you check out the Warband Native League, Mirrored Steel, and the Scramble League. They're both being run exceptionally well, and you'll enjoy partaking in them!

Shemaforash said:
I'm sure 3rd spot is a tie between GA and TMW, not TMW.

It isn't, I contacted OGL asking to schedule to the third place match, he gave TMW the default win as their is no prize for third place. We'll still play if you guys want to though.

Congratulations to the top 3 teams and - what a lot of people tend to forget - the admin team and everyone else involved (streamers, referees and sponsors) for their outstanding work over the whole duration of the tournament. A lot of European players used to look down on the American Scene, both in terms of skill and general organisation. I think with this tournament you've proven the last bastion of doubters wrong - the NA scene has a lot of talent to offer, especially the final was without a doubt one of the closest matches in the history of competitive Warband. The professionalism was great, the general atmosphere was very friendly and respectful, and you guys even managed to play a whole tournament without big drama, something the EU scene hasn't managed to do for like 2 years now. :wink:

Big respect to everyone once again, keep up the great job! My personal thank you to Hani and Arys who got me on board to bascially do nothing the whole time, I wish I could have been of more help.

Was an amazing tourney overall. Well done guys. NA scene still lives.

Thank you to everyone who helped with the tourney, and to everyone who gave me input on my ratings thread, would not have been able to do it without the support!

It's been an absolute pleasure to be part of this tournament as an adminstrator. As I wrote already on Twitter, I feel extremly lucky and proud having been choosen as the EU representative for the WPL, and will be always grateful to Scar and Deacon who trusted me for that.

It was overall a great tournament and the conclusion makes me say that we can consider the WPL as one of the best major we have ever seen, because of some great ingredients such as an amazing cash prize, very little not to say any drama (something we can be extremly proud of), an organization of quality, and some matchs of very high quality, with a sick final.

Big congratulations to wK for the show they have producted, but also a huge respect to KoB for what they have accomplished. There can be only one winner but you guys definetly showed you were there for a reason.

My last words will be to Arys, Calamity, Sjaeles and Hani. It was an amazing experience working with you guys, and I hope we'll get to see eachothers soon on another tourney, EU or NA. Anytime gentlemen, sincerely.

Very smoothly done guys, and well done on all of the innovations and forward thinking when it comes to running tournaments. I think we're all set for Bannerlord. See you guys in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom