Fantasy Warband League

Users who are viewing this thread

Fantasy Warband

Greetings nerds, and welcome to the greatest challenge you've faced in your Warband career.

In my benevolent wisdom, I have decided to run a game throughout the WNL, similar to Fantasy Football. You will become not a player but a God (on a strict budget), piecing together the ultimate Warband team from a pool of players.

Player values were based on rough estimations of performance and reputation, then fine-tuned by detailed stats from the recent ECS2. They are not going to be precisely accurate, but what's important is that that's the price you, THE MANAGER, must pay, and so you will decide if they're worth it. Any players not in the pool may be drafted also, at a minimum of 5million, but they must be on a WNL roster. I reserve the right to value players as added to rosters.

Manager Budget: $100million
Teams: Must consist of 4 infantry, 2 archers, and 2 cav.
Substitutes: You may have up to 2 subs, one must be infantry. In the event one of your main squad is not played, the substitute will score for you. Infantry will replace infantry, the secondary class will replace cav or archer as needed.
Once a player is drafted he is no longer available.

Scoring

A complex formula derived from first principles will be used to calculate each player's score, which is then totalled into the Manager's score.

K+(RW/2)+(KD/4) = Player Score
K = Kills
RW = Rounds Won (whole match)
KD = Kills/Deaths

So if a player gets 10 kills, their team wins 10 rounds, and the player dies 5 times, their score is 15.5!

Individual performance comes first through kills, then team outcome and KD have minor positive impacts to represent teamplay and survivability.

Transfers

Any player can be transferred with another Manager at any time, and the Manager's team will be scored based on completed transfers at the time of the match. You can also exchange players back to the pool and receive 80% of the value back, in order to pick another player.

Game is limited to 15 Managers due to pool size. If there's sufficient interest I'll run a 2nd game. Due to limited space I will only accept people with 'vested interest' i.e. players, admins, etc. Basically no randoms signing up then never coming back. Please apply below:

Code:
[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]TEAM:[/b]
[b]CONTACT:[/b]

Now for the important bit. Upon applying, you must private message me your selection of players. You can bid more than the value listed, if you wish you may enter a 'Max Bid' and you will pay up to that amount for the player...unless another Manager bids more. I will then respond with your successful bids and if needed you will bid on further players. If a player is bid for twice for the same amount, the first bidder will win.

It's first come first served. You have until the end of Wednesday 23rd to sign up and draft a team. Good luck Managers.

WFL Group A

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ita3odfej68mQTCIfLrdOSBC2NtCJSVBrm25pPYQkGo/edit?usp=sharing

Gibby
Baldrider
Napoleon
Cleric
Shoxi
Deacon
Monopolis
Firunien
Kamillo
Iruvatar
Drykkon
Airelhach
Flecha
Can
Kragen

Scar said:
Are you going to make the bettings publicly once everything is set? Would be quite interessting to see, I guess. :grin:

Yeah once every team is drafted I'll post stuff! Mostly this is the fun bit. Then at the end I'm gonna work out who was most value for money. And maybe we can get the top teams to fight for real or something. If they're not too salty about their values..... :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom