Kerbal Space Program

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol:

The altitude test on the missile went to 121km.
The sub orbital was with a missile modified to have a lighter last stage went up to 50 before ditching and continuing the trajectory to 60 and back down.

FUNFUN!

I think I might loose my guys.
415 kilometres. Sill decelerating, though. Luckily.

The continent you launch off looks like Africa. With the island just off shore being Madagascar.
In fact, the general layout is very similar to Earth.

And they're falling.

They went 454480 metres.

My highest with the Everest class was 7000 Kilometers, still havn't fugured out how those guys broke gravity altogether. Anyway now we have symmetry its going to be far easier to get my ship off the ground  :smile:

Reached 5500 meters just now, while spinning, then dropped down to 4500 meters, detached the last engines and fuel, went into a freefall from roughly 3500 to 300 meters, deployed parachute and landed neatly on the grass. Bob is insanely happy.

edit: I don't know how I managed it but I just exploded my lowest two stacks. Both of them did fire but without lifting the damn thing.

Overlord- said:
7000 km? You had like 40 stages?
EDIT: Also, Masterpiece One just got to 170 km.
Physics, Over.
Higher you go, less power you need to accelerate, less fuel you need.
It's funny that way. Two stages got me to 120, three to 450, four .05

Right now, my second attempt at an orbital flight got foiled by a premature parachute activation.
First got ****ed by my first stage ripping a third of the second away.

Note: Parachute opens at 500 metres above sea level, regardless of distance to ground. Take note if you're thinking about visiting the mountains.

I was able to keep one rocket firing till a height of 50km, which translated to a max height of 157 km.
We need more stages!

Now that I realised that the radial decouplers, well, decouple the spent solid fuel boosters while keeping the liquid ones attached and firing and thus loosing dead weight, things got much easier. :neutral:
I really should've looked at the name earlier...
Before I only thought in terms of stack decouplers.

The Ultima Mk V
15886pt.jpg

a ***** to keep in the air in the first few moments, but afterwards it works like a charm.

Overlord- said:
7000 km? You had like 40 stages?
EDIT: Also, Masterpiece One just got to 170 km.

Its actually rather easy, around 3-6 SRBs to get you off the ground for the first 1000 metres or so, then a triple LRB to get you beyond 40K 18Km. Then a single LRB with big fuel reserves to bring your speed up to ~2500m/s. After that let momentum do its work.

EDIT: This was the ship that got me over 7000km:
HehTraf.png

Although I did use broken mechanics to get me off the ground  :lol:. The rocket is also near impossible to fly and you have to let go of the SAS and roll it about until you seperate the triple LRBs...

How the hell can you even build it that high? I can't see that much in my screen so my highest rocket was 45 meters or so. I don't understand how radial decouplers work either.

And I don't understand why I sometimes don't get liftoff.

Back
Top Bottom