OSP Kit Finland at WW2 V0.8 OSP Relased

Users who are viewing this thread

asd6.jpg
Hey everyone!

5-6 years ago I had a ambitious mod idea. Bring the Finnish WW2 front into the Warband engine, packed with new never seen features, models, sounds music, you name it. Engine had it limitations, and bringing a full blown WW2 shooter to a medieval combat simulator wasn't really a walk in a park. Nevertheless, I went head on into the storm. The road with this mod was bumpy, team members coming and going, bits and pieces from everyone. Biggest problem this mod ever faced was in fact, coding. V0.8 packed a lot of a great new features, which at the time of its development, were never seen before in Warband. V0.8 was the biggest milestone this mod had yet. It was such a big step up from the previous version and was highly anticipated. As team members were coming and going, sometime during its development, coding side was halted and could not be continued as there wasn't anyone to fil in the spot. As years went by, so did Warband, which got numerous updates, which made fixing/finish up the codes and porting even more harder. Development of the mod continued still without a coder, but sometime 1-2 years later, it more or less stopped.

This is something I've been brewing in mind for ages and today, after more than 5 years, I finally took up the task of releasing the mod as OSP. For the past years, I've been giving the resources of the mod to those who have been ambitious and brave enough to ask. Today, I want to give back to the modding community what it has given for me. I hope that it will be useful and provide inspiration for new and veteran modders alike. Most of the codes are most likely unusable without bit of tweaking in the newest version of Warband, but should provide good backbone/inspiration/learning point for anyone. Idea of getting Finland at WW2 ported over for the newest version is interesting, but right now, I'm not sure, will or will I not be doing it in any foreseeable feature, thus it's better this way to give someone a chance who is interested and willing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NkgcIyr_vTOVBjVWNVSk83UW8/view?usp=sharing

Mod is provided "as is". No guarantee it will work "out of the box", so anyone looking to play it, must port it over first before anything. If you plan to use the mod or any of its resources, give credit, and be a dear and notify me as I'm always interested to see new projects arise. If you plan to "revive" FaWW2, definately contact me. If there are any questions concerning the mod, contact me via PM or reply to the thread.

List of features V.08 had so far

- Autofire
- Artillery
- Bazookas/Panzerfausts
- Grenades
- Barricade/Defense building
- Ammo/Health packs
- Wounded system
- Sniper Scopes
- Voice "Commands"
- Tank mines
- Completely Redone factions
- New maps
- Redone menus
- New classes
- Loads of new models
- New textures for trees, ground etc
- New face meshes and textures

Id like to thank anyone who participated in the development of FaWW2. Your contributions are invaluable. Id also like to thank very much my longest team member, and very good friend of mine, DukeD for standing with me with this mod. Sadly, along the years, I've lost the proper credit list, thus Ill try my best to list ouf ot my memory. If you don't find your name from the list but did contribute, do tell in this thread or via PM and Ill add you into the list.

Credits where credits are due:
- Mr.Master
- DukeD
- WookieWarlord
- Temuzu
- Kazzan
- Ask?
- Havoc
- Ithilienranger
- Hande
- Alatzy
- CoR and Korpi clan for testing

Big thank you for the fans and the community for helping, giving suggestions and believing in this mod. You all made it worth it!

- WEe/Mr.Master

Also, the sounds and the music are missing from the pack. Ill see if Ill the upload the music, but for the sounds, I have to check what I've been using so far. I have to highly stress that for beginners, please learn the module system bit before trying port/fix this as it's even hard for experienced modders. However, the resources should be useful.

****, it's been a while, hasnt it. I cant even remember what I made for the mod. :razz: Probably some scenes, but yeah, I dont mind anyone using them.

Back
Top Bottom