Great mod but tough starting out

Users who are viewing this thread

Madmarcus

Regular
I've started 4 merchants and I'm getting any head handed to me.  Mostly its a money issue; one defeat and I seem to get in a spiral down. So I thought about bringing in a slightly better startup character (some weapon master mostly so the I don't have to worry about it)  but import/export does not seem to work as it used to (creating text files you could edit (I haven't used it since 0-7...)  How do you edit a character?

it's what I did because i kept getting raped by the gun toting bandits.
go to character, statistics and export character, it still creates that text file you can edit.

go to the lords and get quests. Hopefully some of them givie you quests about money. For example someone owes money to me, can you get it back for me? Or collect the taxes of a village. You can steal their money, and this money will be enough for the beginning.

yes, the gun toting bandits are a pain. and i also hate those swadian knights, they are fully armored, like a tank. But "quit without saving" is your friend. Save your game often. 

Madmarcus said:
Oddly enough I have always used realistic mode in M+B and mods.

but the mod is unbalanced i think in contrast to native. Bandits are too powerful and fast. They can catch you easily and outnumber you. So it is better to play "unrealistic" to balance the things out. It is not a cheat at the end.

Madmarcus said:
Ok, where does it create it? I'm only finding the save game files in the mod's save folder.

The export files aren't in the mod folder. Look in the main folder, and there should be a folder called CharExport.

Back
Top Bottom