Shield bash?

Users who are viewing this thread

AzNAL

Recruit
how bout bashing people with shield for stun effect. and or spiked shields.

eh i know been suggested but always nice for a refesher.

spiked shield is nice.

i think there were many people behind this idea. i think it would be a nice add-on.

i personally always make my charcters so fast that shields really serve only one purpose.. blocking arrows.

^ Im same as him , I normally use 2h axe's and a warbow so the only time i get in trouble is if i run out of arrow's (never - i got like 70+) or when im in the open with 10 crossbowmen shooting at me.

I personally think archery needs a serious nerf. I mean i got my archery up to 200 now , and i don't even need to use my weapon's anymore , just a bow , HS people from 200 metre's.

charizma said:
how would you use the shield to strike? what key would you press?

Jesus, I never the the keyboards in UK had something like 10 buttons or so. Surely you could use one of the buttons that currently isn't used if you had a regular one?

Spiked shields are a little too fantastic to me. But I think the ability to bash someone with your shield could be pretty great.

Maybe if you are running at someone and hold down defese as you hit them, it could perform some sort of bash that way? Sort of like the lance couching? I do like the idea of a shield bash, I'd just hate to see it done in a way that doesn't flow well, ie new keys and such.

howdy all,

the spiked shield is not really any fantastic item. in reality the spike shield was usually a small or med size shield that was fast but gave the wielder some protection and added some controll over the oponents attack. the spike was more of an weapon of oportunaty that for offencive strikes, and it helped to prvent the opponents blade/weapon from sliding up or down the shield bearers arm.

but i think it could add a nice touch as eye candy.

if this gets included in the game i think id like a stamina bar then...maybe even add a sprint button and when your sprinting you hit the block button, thus you perfom a "Shield Bash"

^^^just noticed your from michigan !yay!

Berny said:
if this gets included in the game i think id like a stamina bar then...maybe even add a sprint button and when your sprinting you hit the block button, thus you perfom a "Shield Bash"

^^^just noticed your from michigan !yay!

Home of the crazy weather! Nice to meet another from Michigan.

Wow... A n00b suggestion that I like for once...

Yeah, it would be pretty cool. I often run out of jarids when on my throwing weapons character, and I'm just left with a shield, pretty annoying.

Worbah said:
charizma said:
how would you use the shield to strike? what key would you press?

Jesus, I never the the keyboards in UK had something like 10 buttons or so. Surely you could use one of the buttons that currently isn't used if you had a regular one?
Well it would have to be a new key binding.

I've just seen a shield bash post further down the forum and wondered why i couldn't see my posts. Cause the thread i posted on had one difference..... a question mark on the end..... :???:

A shield bash could be initiated by 3 or 4 rapid taps of the forward button ('w' to most of us) like UT200* have with the sidestep/adrenaline speed things - no need for specially assigned keys.

Phoboshobo said:
A shield bash could be initiated by 3 or 4 rapid taps of the forward button ('w' to most of us) like UT200* have with the sidestep/adrenaline speed things - no need for specially assigned keys.

How about a double tap and hold W? To me, I think it'd have to feel smooth. I'd hate to see the gameplay get bogged down with too many keys, as you've said. But too much pressing on the same key also seems a little bogged.

True. I still think I like the idea of this going seamlessly into combat. Like the charging works. Too many buttons pressed at once, and MB becomes every other game. Combat works now because it's smooth and intuitive. I'd love to see shield bash. If it was handled into the already existing combat manuevers and commands. Not new buttons. I do agree the use key might work, but I'd rather see this work like charge does.

Back
Top Bottom