Hit Points for Weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

But still weapons should not break easily 'cause it just would get stupid when every other hit would destroy a manhunters club. I balieve that you should be able to repair your weapons and that the damage would stick after the fight, but you should be able to get some VERY expencive weapons that would break almost never . I think that all weapons should have almost same hitpoints, but resistance would vary a lot. Just like in shields.

Also, there is something can be related to the sword vs sword interaction, knock out your enemies' weapon with a double axe when two weapons hit each other, wow.. :lol:

I'm all for weapons having an HP, but they should be replenished after battle. Just like shields, and just like arrows.

Not the most realistic thing, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Well, you know when you buy weopans and they say "battered" "bent" etc. well what if you break your sword in battle than its value will go down so the weopan will be not as powerfull, but you could still use it in the next battle, and than you could always repair it! Also, if you are a two handed weopan person than the sword must be really strong, stronger than a shield becuase they rely on it for defense, so it shouldnt be easily breakable!

my opinion:
yes weapons can break. no they dont relenish after battle (hard mode) or they do (softcore option)

2nd a staff used to block properly is a durable weapon. even against an axe. you dont block with the wand over your head leaving it vulnerable to the axeblade, but you try to get it to the axe shaft, thewn quickly turn it around and have your opponent either fatigued, to get his weapon back under control, disarmed, by quick turning of the staff, or even knocked down by your knee in his liver:smile:

m&b still has only static blocking/parrying. id say give it a parry skill to
A) make your weapons more durable and reduce damage to them
b) get chances for ripostes
c) get the chance to disarm your foe or to trip him

yeah if this were to happend it would sure change the combat style in Mount and Blade, it would also be kooler too, i think at least!

100 % agreed with Gregarion Roseby. It's frustrating (and unreal) how opponents can block blows indefenitely with a weapon, no matter how hard you hit.

yeah, that would be fine. Have u thought that weapons what have attack bonus to shields/arms maybe, would have very small hp's cuz if u hit the haft, it will break pretty easy. and there would be weapons what are made for blocking.

Ronan said:
But still weapons should not break easily 'cause it just would get stupid when every other hit would destroy a manhunters club. I balieve that you should be able to repair your weapons and that the damage would stick after the fight, but you should be able to get some VERY expencive weapons that would break almost never . I think that all weapons should have almost same hitpoints, but resistance would vary a lot. Just like in shields.

No more ridiculous than the fact that club can stop a 2 handed blow from a war axe, at galloping speed on a horse.

Only 2 downsides I see to all of it ever being implemented...

1. Just another thing for modders to have to tweak and adjust to get the right "balance"...
2. Another crunching calculation for the cpu (and flash messages) during every second of battle...get enough lag and assertion errors as it is. Almost need a side scrolling screen thingy if you turn on the in-battle messages as it it...damage, experience, kills, commands, etc...etc..

I will agree that it is true that weapons do break in combat as do shields. In my three years in Western Martial arts I've had at least 2 blades break on me..I've seen almost a dozen snap or break under sword to sword impact. Wooden shields crack at a rather annoying rate and metal ones invetibly become dented beyond use.

I really hate Weapon durability though....There's nothing quite as fustrating as looting a really good sword of of that Sea Raider corpse only to be afraid to use it and have it wear out. Not to mention the fact that I AI won't have to worry about weapons wearing out in a fight against the player...unless the AI keeps track of that stat during AI vs. AI battles or swords become so flimsy as to break in their first fight. There's just a certain point where realism gets in the way of playability and Weapon's durability is it.

But I get attached to the weapons that have protected me in all the battles! It would be a shame to see them get muntifyed lol

Smiths are another bugging point...A small army(30+) of knights would already have a good number of camp followers providing many of the duties we don't assign personnel to..setting camp, maintaince against disease, repairing weapons and armor, keeping track of logistics and lugging all of my unwanted crud. If my weapon did break wouldn't it be repaired by my camp smith when he's done fixing the horseshoes?

Also on this track...wouldn't it also be logical to have to add armor durability? Given the 4 weapon slots and 4 armor slots per (N)PC is an awful lot of semi-useful data to track. Conversely it would suck to pick up that great sword I've been wanting only to find out the previous owner dinged it up.

I understand that people like the idea, but it didn't work out for the final fantasy series(stupid glass swords :p ) and I don't think it'd work here. It just is to much trouble to get a bragging right of "So my +5 sword of Lewtness broke and I had to reach for my other +5 sword of Lewtness! how exciting!"

simple way to avoid this:

introduce the weaponsmith skill as in the elder scrolls 4 and have it be able to repair items like the first aid/ wound treatment skill. basta problem solved all are happy.

most armies had sarworters (crafters that made chainmail) with them to repair the armor swiftly after the first wave etc. so this doesnt have to be unrealistic.

give us the skill give the weapon do break stuff and we all are happy.

LokiGodOfFire said:
simple way to avoid this:

introduce the weaponsmith skill as in the elder scrolls 4 and have it be able to repair items like the first aid/ wound treatment skill. basta problem solved all are happy.

most armies had sarworters (crafters that made chainmail) with them to repair the armor swiftly after the first wave etc. so this doesnt have to be unrealistic.

give us the skill give the weapon do break stuff and we all are happy.
Repairing weapons in ES 3/4 was a pain in the buttocks. Especially considering how fast your weapons detoriated and how greatly it affected their killing power.

jep but its just an example for implementation. never had probs with repairing em:razz: master skill ftw.

nah but if we want that weapons get damaged we want the smith skill or a hireling for it aswell.

LokiGodOfFire said:
jep but its just an example for implementation. never had probs with repairing em:razz: master skill ftw.

nah but if we want that weapons get damaged we want the smith skill or a hireling for it aswell.
Or we could just have them repair themselves (like arrows gather themselves), or visit a town/village to repair them. I doubt anyone would haul a smith's forge with them to repair broken swords.

hehe surely not. but you dont need a forge to repair a sword.
sometimes a campfire has to be enough. well arrows gathering themselves:razz: i feel like im in the realm of ozz

Back
Top Bottom