Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrafnar_Odinson said:
How difficult would it be to add the Diplomacy mod to Phantasy?  I love this mod but I feel like it lacks the things that Diplomacy adds.  What do you think?

This has been requested continously, but apparently very difficult. Link to reply by gsanders, concerning this: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276408.msg8107217.html#msg8107217

Ulvebane said:
Hrafnar_Odinson said:
How difficult would it be to add the Diplomacy mod to Phantasy?  I love this mod but I feel like it lacks the things that Diplomacy adds.  What do you think?

This has been requested continously, but apparently very difficult. Link to reply by gsanders, concerning this: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276408.msg8107217.html#msg8107217

A man can dream...

This may already be in the works, but something to consider is beefing up the Native factions units, like Rohdock spearmen, and Swadian footmen, nord warriors and such, nothing super special, just alter the armor and weapons they use and increase their stats a little. The elites are great, but since there are only a few of them they don't really help the factions stand up to the much larger and better equipped phantasy armies. A little boost to the lower tier native units could really help.

Plus, it would make the native factions look a little cooler when fighting phantasy armies, rather than looking totally outclassed in every way.

A option to give one of your fiefs to a king (must be a fief from your own kingdom)
  • Give relations with the king and the  kings factions
  • Drop relations with the fief
  • If you give all your fiefs your faction disappears (Only if you don't have vassals)

I played this many months back and and thought these upgrades to classes since not every class gets a special ability, but never got to post them here because raisins.

Not every ability meant is to be used. More like this or that selection. So no "that class get too op" yelling.  Also these are moddable so to speak. i do not care if they get changed so they fit the game better.
Also i bet some of these can't be implemented due to engine not made for it.

Fighter

1.Weapon proficency:
-Drop the cost of weapon skills for point buy, raise skill faster through natural use or skill point requirements 1 step lower as in:
normal: 1sp = 100wp, 2sp = 140wp, 3sp = 180wp
with weapon proficency: 1sp = 140wp , 2sp = 180wp , 3sp = 220wp

2.Improve armament (weapons and armors)
-Camp menu action puts a modifier on weapon. Depends on character level or weapon mastery, so no masterworks at level 1 possibility for negatives too (no idea how someone would get weapon rusty when improving it though) Usable once a week/month?

3.Raise followers
-I understand that in older versions of d&d fighter was leader of men and gained extra followers so:
Holding a speech in towns has a chance of raising a group of fighting men to follow you and assist in fights (fearless so they follow you through thick & thin instead of keeping distance when they see big hostile lord army [since what would be the point of herding small group of weak units?])
Units are from tier 2 - 4 so they will not be some peasants but not necessarily kings guards either.
Number of men depend on persuasion & charisma maybe direct number (9 cha + 3 per = 12 units) or some fancy calculation

4 Warcries (works for barbarian too I recon)
-Brytenwalda has warcries that damage player but upgrade ally abilities and another to heal them, those effects probably can be turned around to affect enemies too, maybe chance to cause knock-down as well

Rogue

1. Sneak
a. Remove check when sneaking into hostile town so you never get guard encounters
b. Sneak into towns with full equipment (rogue being better sneak than other classes he could get away with it [open for abuse though, full plate comes into mind. maybe limiting to items that improve stealth] )

2. Guerrilla
-Sneak into siege either to simply "open the gates" and start battle without having to wait for siegebuilding to complete or during siege battle start inside enemy castle with your first wave (solo would be suicide if you cannot choose position, so wave as backup [maybe the stealthy units only for 1st wave]) the following friendly waves start from normal position.

3. Pickpocket / breaking & entering
-Similar to entertainment. In towns you have chance of getting pile of money/trade goods(though weight of goods comes to mind) or getting ran off by mob, attacked by guards like when failing to enter hostile town. Maybe even a lone adventurer that was hired to take care of bandits :wink:. Loose relation with town on failure

Cleric

1.Resurrect
-Dead raise to wounded. I think Brytenwalda has something like this: even with no blunt weapons in the field there are still wounded on both sides after battle where as normally computer side has all dead unless blunt weapon was used.

2. Raise Fanatics
-Similar to fighter ability raise followers: hold speech in town for a chance of group (size depending on char + faith + persuasion) of that cultures units following you and helping in combat. Variation of tier 1-2 troops, so ideally fighter has better units but cleric has more

Ranger

1.Hunt
-Camp menu action (or if you can automate this) to get fresh food, once a day. Or just reduce food consumption.

2. Mount call
-During combat either: Calls nearby mount towards player or Summon mount out of thin air, if either is possible

3.Master tracker
-Full info (group composition accurate numbers, lords name, maybe mission too: patrolling etc) from tracking (at certain level of tracking?) or maybe upgrade tracking for ranger so they get information faster from levels as in: lvl 1 tracking already tells same as lvl 2 for non-ranger, and so on

4.Woodsman
-Rangers just move faster on worldmap compared to other classes. Maybe depends on level or double effect of pathfinding? (How much is enough to help group but does not make ranger zip about when soloing?) Or set ranger able to get above 10 pathfinding.

5. Magic able
-if it ever comes to that magic is restricted from most classes (hopefully not), you could make ranger capable of casting low-level magic as well as priest/druidic spells as it was in old d&d

Mage

1. Create golem
-one unit a day or week? selectable unit debends on magic skill

2. Bombardment
-during the siege build phase you can cause damage on random enemies. I hear starvation during sieges causes damage to defending units so maybe use that

3. Enchant item
-gives item it enchances magic effect. usable once a week/month  (chance of sucess magic skill?)

Bard

1. Bardic knowledge
-Always updated characters tab, removing the need to ask for directions for lords & ladies. (if automatic update is not doable make a camp menu action (or ask fellow bard) where it refreshes all/one character(s) location)
-Know when there are feasts, either as they come or pile all feasts into notifications at the beginning of new day so no need to keep watching at the mesages during the day (no popups please)

2. Improvise poetry
-Can woo ladies with poetry of your own. Effect depending on entertaiment/cha value
-Can gain relation with lords when reciting poetry
-Sing at the feasts (ask for chance to perform from host) if succesfull everyone at the feast gains some relation depending on entertaiment of course someone might not like the song so there should be variation -5 to +5 or so

3.Bluff
-Ability to pass into hostile towns, maybe even inside the castle/fort during a feast, posing as one of the performers

Necromancer

1. Night vision
-remove night penalty to view range on world map
-maybe some activatable ability to trigger night vision during night battle so player sees in the darkness

2. Visit cemetary
-Towns and villages have option for cemetary where necro gains x-number undeads risk for mob of villagers or town guards encounter. Maybe same kind of ability as fighters get above (raise followers) . Lose relation with town on failure. Possibly lose relation slightly for success too (people might recognize dead relatives...) day/night affects success

3. Beset village with undead
-Same effect as when asking villagers to start a fire so nearby town or fort looses guards during lord rescue mission, but no need to pay elder a dime. Maybe chance for village being looted and you gaining the loot, as if the sent guards lost to the undeads. Costs undead units (would it still be worth it?). Lose relation with village

Alchemy as it's own skill
Create potions in camp menu or buy them, then use them from camp menu or make it work like food where it is used up as time goes by.

Potions:
Night vision potion to remove night spot range penalty if it is possible.
Invisibility potion to enter hostile towns (use up potion when select dialog option for sneaking)
Healing potion: heals you personally instantly or maybe just buffs the group recovery (Ideally used between combat rounds or on world map [i don't think using during combat would be good idea, but maybe the potion is expensive/rare or has a cooldown to limit spamming, also if it would use inventory space every single potion it would limit the players loot space])
there are naturally more choices but not going to make bigger wall of text than this already is

Below ones have been thrown together quickly recently so other classes get something too, so not much good material there

Paladin

Tithe
-Forced to give money to church/whatever every week based on some percentage of your on hand money / income or depending on your level. Maybe honor rise at certain breakpoints 1000 = 1 honor (of course bank would be a problem here since it is not on hand or in weekly report.)
or maybe just make it a town selection thing: "give to church xxxx amount of money"

Barbarian

Toughness
-Double effect from ironflesh or ability to go above 10 skill

Oh, also it would be nice if tournament system from Floris mod could be integrated to this mod, since I find it very forgiving as in no "you lost because you fell before you killed x number of dudes before going down, all your spent time went down the drain" but point play where you score points for kills and challenges and they are counted at the end of tournament to see who wins.

That's all from me
Thanks for reading (Hopefully this was not useless post and sorry for any typos)

I have tought about if for while. Is it possible to add more weapon prof , like One handed= sword, axe, mace and twohanded  same so the player must choose what to train up and cant just change new weapon. If he plays half a game with two handed sword, he wont just  switch to one handed club if he has low prof. It woild also give some roleplay effect in game. Like dwarf companion have twohanded axe starting skill and you choose if you go easy way and keep him two handed axe profency or go hard way and train new profency up

Just popping in to suggest that you take a page from the book of A New Dawn and put in minor factions that can spawn and steal castles and suchlike from the big ones. Only after the new update has been finished tho, don't want to just keep adding stuff so it can't be completed lol.

This Minor factions Idea is a good one, and a good way to compromise with new races. for example, instead of adding a new elf or dwarf race (kinda mute for elves with the drow but bear with me) you could keep the race make a new faction with different armor and parallel units. For the addition of new gods, you could make some fanatical followers of XXX deity and crusaders of XXX other deity that may attack larger factions.

The map is already crowded with the demon and undead hostiles, but some additional groups could help keep that under control.

But do this after the current stuff, I would want to see all the great new features that already exist before adding on more.

for necromancers, would it be possible to make same sort of script for low-level undead troops as orcs have in TLD? as in 3 orcs cost 1 party limit

Like a reverse of the Light&Darkness trick to make elite troops cost 2 or 3 troop slots?

It'd be nice to implement it in Phantasy Calradia, since there are a lot of troops that are weaker than the average Native soldier, and a lot of troops that are stronger than the average Native soldier.

Brougal said:
for necromancers, would it be possible to make same sort of script for low-level undead troops as orcs have in TLD? as in 3 orcs cost 1 party limit

CHIMouttathisplane said:
Like a reverse of the Light&Darkness trick to make elite troops cost 2 or 3 troop slots?

It'd be nice to implement it in Phantasy Calradia, since there are a lot of troops that are weaker than the average Native soldier, and a lot of troops that are stronger than the average Native soldier.

I wasn't even aware that such possibility exists. In this case, I'm absolutely, positively, 100% supportive to this idea :razz: Both for the "trashmob horde" feel with the weaker mobs and for more careful unit selection by the mid-late game, since for now the only real drawback to having silver golems army is its cost, and we all know that later on money isn't that much of an issue.

Also - it'd open a nice way for some cost balancing. Some of the high-end units' cost could be reduced BUT they'd eat up much more party space. This could fit undead especially good, I think, because WHY the hell are we even paying the summoned undead? What are they spending it on? :grin: With such balance, the better the undead, the more "concentration" it would need from the necromancer to be bound to his/her will, thus the unit slot cost (skeleton knight would require a lot more concentration to remain under your control that a mere bottom-tier zombie).

This could create a indirect buff to undead, though. If Guspav would reduce their coin cost for the sake of the unit limit cost, they would become more sustainable in castles and stuff, since those have no limits to the party size, thus no "concentration" issues. That actually goes for all units that would have a part of their upkeep squeezed into the unit limit.

What do you guys think?

guspav said:
Post your suggestions here.
I'll consider them and if they are a fine addition to the mod and are possible, I will very probably add them.

Hi all...

I am not sure if these ideas have been considered yet, but here goes:

First I have been on a life long search for a game that has the right balance of world development/dynasty development and RPG.  I would say that PC is the closet I have seen to this aside from Divine Right: Gorgon's Alliance.  In that game there was an interesting mix of warfare at different levels, city-guild-country development and meaningful quests with quest objects that impacted upon the game.  It had many downsides as well, which have been fixed by MandB in general and PC in particular.  Of course the main problem with DR is its age.

So I have a few suggestions that can be categorized as follows:

1. City development: this could be enhanced upon by adding different types of measures. For example, specific buildings that produce specific troops etc.  Many other games have this (my all time favorite being Master of Magic).  Also there is a lot of room on the map for expansion so founding villages could be fun.  Villages could be worked on to become castles or towns.  Castles could also be worked on to become towns.  And maybe a few towns could actually become cities.

2. Add dungeons:  like the bandit hide out lairs, perhaps you could have dungeons/ruins that are persistent.  They could contain a quest item and/or general treasure.  Like the bandit lairs you could only have a few of your party involved - maybe up to 5 or 6.  Once cleared the dungeons could be suitable spots for founding villages.  Dungeons/ruins could be a great place for unique items (instead of just buying them at the four ways inn, you would have to work for them).  This could be also connected with some of the quest functions you have already developed for the guild master - or they could be higher level.

3. Where there are dungeons there should be dragons :smile:.  It would be cool to be able to recruit a dragon (like an NPC) in one or more of these dungeons.  Perhaps you could recruit other creatures as well (like masses of goblins, undead, trolls etc). 

4. More high fantasy components:  some of the higher level fantasy creatures could be cool too if they are not to numerous and difficult to recruit.  You have some of this with the Immortals and Balrogs for example.  Perhaps these could be connected with quests rather than just be roaming around.

Anyway those are some thoughts for now.

Cheers

Hey everyone! After a quip made by Truth1001 I expanded upon the thought process with some of my own ideas, and wanted to share them in the suggestions thread. Feel free to give feedback, and let me know what you think! For reference I believe Truth1001 was talking about having rogue companions, or in this case any rogue companion or hero with this hypothetical "Assassination" skill.

truth1001 said:
that sounds seriously sweet, perhaps they can assassinate specific troops or wound a lord so they wont take part in the coming battle?
:grin:

That would be amazingly useful. The higher a rogue's "Assassination" or ETC skill level could determine how much damage the lord takes, eventually enough to keep them out of combat. The question is how would it be viable enough to put points into over say stacking power strike or ETC instead? Right now there's so many skills there's a saturation of great skills and not enough points to place them without high int.

IIRC there is something be done to help alleviate this by providing skill points without providing levels, but I digress.

What about expanding it so that the next highest level troops after the lord are also affected as you level up? So let's say you have assassination rank 2-3. You do enough damage to knock out say King Ragnar and maybe one or two of his top Jarl Chosen troops. With say something like 10 You could knock out a good 20-40 of the top troops making them unable to fight (Wounded/Unconscious in the party before the fight starts). You could even have certain daggers or short blades to give you + Assassination skill points to further increase the amount of units you take out before a major fight.

To balance this and prevent abuse (E.G. Entering combat with a party, leaving, and then coming back to them repeatedly) you could provide something like a 2 day cool down timer between "Assassination skill" being able to proc on the party. It would also give you a notice at the bottom left if it procced, or maybe an option in the menu before you start a fight to choose when to use it so as you fight a small group of bandits and have no need to use it, but later that day you plan attacking a Lord's party where it has more use. If it used something like the cool down timer from the Necromancy's summoning ability, and was an option to use it at the screen "Enter battle/Join battle/Charge Enemy" it would be IMO the most effective implementation.

Overall I could see this being really useful for a rogue and actually giving them even more ways to be a viable and interesting class.

While the assassination thing would be cool for RP reasons, how useful is knocking out just one soldier really? Lords, even the new ones, are not scary enough yet to make that really viable.
Rouges could do something like Kidnaping a Lord though, have your rouge sneak a few troops into the enemy camp and take him prisoner before the battle.
Poisening the enemy supplies, or stealing ammo for archers is another idea.
As always, stealing from city vaults for gold and special artifacts could be an option.
Rouges could also double as spies, letting you see a particuler party at all times or bribing and extorting their soldiers to desert or switch sides in battle.
Sorry if I repeated some ideas from others. But this is what I thought of.

while true that the majority of lords are pushovers, capturing them like that is way to overpowered.
you could easily have every enemy lord captured and locked away that way before battle is even joined.

by knocking them out you only take them out for one battle at least.

Rouges could also double as spies, letting you see a particuler party at all times or bribing and extorting their soldiers to desert or switch sides in battle. SeriousKnight

now that on the other hand is an idea i really really like.

Good point, but I think a better take away from this is something that has been said before, the lords need to be terrifying to fight. Especially kings.

Remember that Lords also make use of their Tactics and potentially other skills (not too sure about those, but quite certain about Tactics) in battle. Knocking them out before the fight can mean that their army will charge stupidly like bandits instead of staying together (admittedly, if you're spamming fireballs you might want them to stick together but that's another point), and also that you will have more soldiers than them. It's definitely a relatively strong effect especially if it doesn't cost much or any risk to attempt the "assassination".

I see.
Regardless, there is a ton of potential havoc that rouges can do beyond assassination, that was the main point of my post. though I think you have convinced me.

I have another magical idea. would be nice to have more magic categories like shamanism and demonologist.

Shamanism magic would be slow and time consuming magic category like you need prep time to cast spell. First idea is like prep time reduces if more shamans are involved. and secound prep time reduced if you are more experinced. In lvl 1 you can do all spels as the max lvl but it takes alot time and battle will be over before you can finish spell. Spells should also have memory to go other battles. If you finish spell but dont cast it on battle you can use it on other battle. And spells cant be prepeared on horseback.

Demonologist Take controll and summon demons but love reputation and honor every time you do that and you need to sacrofise prisoners for that also have some dark spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom