WTFSS Testing Tournament | Format and Invitations - Confirm your participation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, much overdue is the bracket for the WTFSS Testing Tournament, which I'm now happy to announce.

First Round Matches
Wolfpack vs RR
Boh vs DR
ARMY vs WSC
FF vs RNGD
REF vs CoR
Syn vs SoE

*IG were not randomised to face anyone in the first round but may apply to have players act as mercenaries.

5621140148_36b6ed98d2_o.png
1st Div A​
vs​
#
#​
vs​
#
#​
vs​
#
#​
vs​
2nd Div A
16 A
|
[td][/td][td][/td][td]
16 B
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]16 E[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
|
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
16 F
[/td]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
[16 A]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][16 B][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
[16 E]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][16 F][/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]QF A[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
|
[/td][td]
[QF A]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][QF B][/td][td]
[/td][td]
[QF C]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][QF D][/td][td]|[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
QF C
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
[16 C]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][16 D][/td][td]
|
[/td][td]SF A[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
|
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
SF B
[/td][td]|[/td][td]
[16 G]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][16 H][/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]QF B[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
[SF A]​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td][SF B][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
[/td][td][/td][td]
QF D
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
|
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
|
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
4th Div A​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td]#[/td][td][/td][td]
#​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td]#[/td][td][/td][td]Final[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
#​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td]#[/td][td][/td][td]
#​
[/td][td]
vs​
[/td][td]3rd Div A[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]16 C[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
16 D
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]16 G[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
16 H
[/td][/tr]

Schedule:

First Round matches 01/02-05/02
Second Round 06/02-10/02
Third Round 11/02-15/02
Playoffs 16/02-20-02

Whilst this isn't designed to be a highly competitive tournament, it's still expected that teams take matches seriously and make an effort to get a feel for the proposed ruleset.

The square brackets indicate where the team will be taken from for that match. It's basically single elimination, 16 team.

I've seeded the top 4 teams in Division A and left the rest of the teams will be randomised (represented by a #). However the teams that will be randomised are not randomly selected. They will be the other teams descending from 5th place in Division A. Participation is technically optional but strongly encouraged.

In the case of a draw... I'll flip a coin :razz: it really doesn't matter. But... if you want to decide it yourselves, let's say just do a restart then continue with the same maps and factions and play until one team wins a round.

Match rules for First Round, Third Round and Playoffs:
  • Combat Speed: Medium, Friendly Fire: 100% (melee and ranged), Round Duration: 5 minutes, Game type: Battle, Gold: Starting gold set to 100%, Round and Combat gold both set to 80%, Respawn Time : 8 sec , Spectator Settings: Locked to team members view. No bots and no polls.
  • Matches will be 12 rounds long, played over two maps. Each map will be 6 rounds, with teams swapping sides and factions after 3 rounds.
  • Rounds resulting in a draw will count as normal, with no points awarded to either team.
  • Matches will be 8 a side. If both teams agree, matches may be fought with more players but as far as the league is concerned, no support will be offered for this.
  • In matches, teams may not use more than 4 of any class. This will be limited by the ENL Admin mod, which must be kept in "ENL Mode" for the duration of the match. There will be no equipment restrictions beyond the class limits and players are free to exchange equipment at will.
  • All matches should be played on the official tournament servers named: "ENL_France" (servers 1&2) and "ENL_Germany" (servers 1-4). Book timeslots on these servers, in the Server Booking thread, in this sub-forum. If wish to play your match on any other server, you must request permission from me (captain lust) via PM. The password, for these servers is "enl20" and should always be reset to "enl20" after use, so people can register players and test pings.
  • The winner will be the team with the most rounds won, at the end of the match.
  • Teams may make 2 substitutions during each 3 round leg. When making a switch, the outgoing player should leave the server. At no point should teams spawn more than 8 players.
    • If "no spectators" has been agreed by the teams, the joining player should respect that and make sure to join late in the round. If spectators have been agreed and allowed by both teams then neither team should take up more than half of the spectator spots.
  • Teams are permitted to make as many changes as they like in between each 3 round leg (i.e. at spawn and map switches).
  • If the match ends in an overall draw, then it will be considered a tie and both teams will get 1 point.
  • Each map must be reset, after 3 rounds, when the teams switch.
  • Typically, matches will be played without a referee. There are simply too many matches to expect a referee to be present most of the time, so take frequent screenshots and even video recordings, if you can.
  • Unless team captains decide otherwise, team 1 will always start at spawn 1 on the first map and and spawn 2 on the second map and vice versa for team 2.
  • Special versions of the Warband maps will be made for the tournament. They will fix map bugs and remove ways to glitch, removing the problem of glitches entirely. A log of the changes made to the maps will be kept and the maps will be made publicly available.
  • If a team cannot show out with 8 players, for a match, the other team should continue with 8 anyway. If however, a team cannot make 7 players or more, the other team will be offered a default win, provided they have shown up with at least 8 players. If neither team has shown up with 8 players, the match should be rescheduled. Teams should allow 15 minutes, after the scheduled match time, for players to arrive on the server, before any of these rulings are put into practice.
  • The above notions of shown players are defined by attendance on the agreed server alone. Players must be eligible, ready and willing to start the match.
  • It is only by explicit agreement by team reps from both teams or by ruling from an event admin that a match can be rescheduled.
    • An event admin may only make such a ruling if there is a reason that the match cannot be legitimately played, through no fault or misdoing of the teams and express consent to reschedule cannot be obtained from both teams. Basically unforseeable, unavoidable circumstances. Situations that do not warrant the usage of this power include (but are not limited to): one team can't get enough players, there is a national holiday in the country where one the teams is based, there is another event taking place at the time.

Match rules for Second Round (no class restrictions):
  • Combat Speed: Medium, Friendly Fire: 100% (melee and ranged), Round Duration: 5 minutes, Game type: Battle, Gold: Starting gold set to 100%, Round and Combat gold both set to 80%, Respawn Time : 8 sec , Spectator Settings: Locked to team members view. No bots and no polls.
  • Matches will be 12 rounds long, played over two maps. Each map will be 6 rounds, with teams swapping sides and factions after 3 rounds.
  • Rounds resulting in a draw will count as normal, with no points awarded to either team.
  • Matches will be 8 a side. If both teams agree, matches may be fought with more players but as far as the league is concerned, no support will be offered for this.
  • All matches should be played on the official tournament servers named: "ENL_France" (servers 1&2) and "ENL_Germany" (servers 1-4). Book timeslots on these servers, in the Server Booking thread, in this sub-forum. If wish to play your match on any other server, you must request permission from me (captain lust) via PM. The password, for these servers is "enl20" and should always be reset to "enl20" after use, so people can register players and test pings.
  • The winner will be the team with the most rounds won, at the end of the match.
  • Teams may make 2 substitutions during each 3 round leg. When making a switch, the outgoing player should leave the server. At no point should teams spawn more than 8 players.
    • If "no spectators" has been agreed by the teams, the joining player should respect that and make sure to join late in the round. If spectators have been agreed and allowed by both teams then neither team should take up more than half of the spectator spots.
  • Teams are permitted to make as many changes as they like in between each 3 round leg (i.e. at spawn and map switches).
  • If the match ends in an overall draw, then it will be considered a tie and both teams will get 1 point.
  • Each map must be reset, after 3 rounds, when the teams switch.
  • Typically, matches will be played without a referee. There are simply too many matches to expect a referee to be present most of the time, so take frequent screenshots and even video recordings, if you can.
  • Unless team captains decide otherwise, team 1 will always start at spawn 1 on the first map and and spawn 2 on the second map and vice versa for team 2.
  • Special versions of the Warband maps will be made for the tournament. They will fix map bugs and remove ways to glitch, removing the problem of glitches entirely. A log of the changes made to the maps will be kept and the maps will be made publicly available.
  • If a team cannot show out with 8 players, for a match, the other team should continue with 8 anyway. If however, a team cannot make 7 players or more, the other team will be offered a default win, provided they have shown up with at least 8 players. If neither team has shown up with 8 players, the match should be rescheduled. Teams should allow 15 minutes, after the scheduled match time, for players to arrive on the server, before any of these rulings are put into practice.
  • The above notions of shown players are defined by attendance on the agreed server alone. Players must be eligible, ready and willing to start the match.
  • It is only by explicit agreement by team reps from both teams or by ruling from an event admin that a match can be rescheduled.
    • An event admin may only make such a ruling if there is a reason that the match cannot be legitimately played, through no fault or misdoing of the teams and express consent to reschedule cannot be obtained from both teams. Basically unforseeable, unavoidable circumstances. Situations that do not warrant the usage of this power include (but are not limited to): one team can't get enough players, there is a national holiday in the country where one the teams is based, there is another event taking place at the time.

I've decided roster rules will be pretty flexible and I'm also allowing official mercenaries (see below)

Invited Teams (please confirm your participation in this thread):

Note: Being invited won't guarantee you a place, nor does not being invited necessarily mean you won't be drafted in later. Places will depend on final standings of the ENL Winter Cycle. If you're concerned it will conflict with your playoff matches, feel free to sit out as a team and put in one or two mercenary requests.

Bohemian Guard [Boh]
Court of Reveran [CoR]
Guard of Istiniar [IG]
Refesesesesferes [REF]
Renegades [RNGD]
Team Rush Rush [~RR]
Vaeringjar [VRNG]
Armata Brancaleone [AB]
Kreuzritter [KR]
Order of the Lion [OL]
Polish Eagles [PE]
Sons of Emperor [SoE]
SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible [Syn]
Deutschritter [DR]
Inquisition [Inquisition]
Order of Malta [of_Malta]
Warsong Clan [WSC]
Wolfpack [Wolfpack]
Foolocracy of Fedner [FF]
ARMY [ARMY]
Red Eagle [RE]
OBeRs [OBeR]
Runaway Scorpions [RS]

Official Mercenaries:

crazyboy11
Sammac
Julian

If you're not part of any of the invited teams, or your team won't be participating, you can apply to be an Official Mercenary, which basically means you can play for any team. This is mainly so that team leaders outside of the competition can still take part and get a feel for the proposed rules, should they wish to participate in discussions.

If you want to apply to be an Official Mercenary, just say so in this thread.

I don't see any form for confirming the participation, but I guess it isn't really necessary.

I speak on behalf of Court of Reveran and I hereby confirm that we plan on participating in this event for the sake of trying out new rules. Although, would still like to see less gold :/

Nice thinking with the two types of rules. Would like to check the ENL Admin mod out to see how the class limitation works. Thanks for everything Lusty, you're the best!

Goker said:
I don't see any form for confirming the participation, but I guess it isn't really necessary.

I speak on behalf of Court of Reveran and I hereby confirm that we plan on participating in this event for the sake of trying out new rules. Although, would still like to see less gold :/

Nice thinking with the two types of rules. Would like to check the ENL Admin mod out to see how the class limitation works. Thanks for everything Lusty, you're the best!
Yeah I meant to add the combat bonus changes. Sorry about that.

Now: Starting gold set to 100%, Round and Combat gold both set to 80%

I would like to offer my 'services';p as a mercenary, I need a better insight of ENL(If not, I would like to watch a few games).

I only speak english D:

OK, this is fast approaching. Still looking for confirmation from lots more teams so we can get a good amount of testing done.

Sammac, mercenary spots are mainly reserved for ENL team captains. Is there any specific reason you want to test the proposed ruleset?

My clan may wish to participate (or try, I don't know the entrance requirements :/ ), that would make me a teamcaptain.

Back
Top Bottom