ROCK Question and Answer Thread : Current

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Dawg said:
KissMyAxe said:
Snoop said:
I'm sure this is posted somewhere and I just overlooked it. How will it work, for example, if GKR and Wappaw are fighting TLB and GKR has tier 1 troops but Wappaw has tier 2?
Both GKR and Wappaw will field Tier 2 troops.
The equipment tier defaults to the lordship with the largest army present.  So only if Wappaw had more troops available in the fight.
If the troops are even, whomever brings more players to the actual engagement.
Yep, that's an important detail. Somehow, I assumed that Wappaw would field more troops. Sorry :smile: Fixed my reply.
John7 said:
I believe you copy native into a new folder then move the rock folder into that copy and replace

Then rename the new folder ROCK move it to modules and start it up
Correct.

After the loss at H-13 ford, the rebels must retreat. A few questions. Do we retreat 1 or 2 squares? Can we retreat in any direction N,S,E or W? Can we reatreat to a square that has an enemy army or settlement and engage? Finally, can we retreat to the siege of Sargoth and help our allies?

Snoop said:
After the loss at H-13 ford, the rebels must retreat. A few questions. Do we retreat 1 or 2 squares? Can we retreat in any direction N,S,E or W? Can we reatreat to a square that has an enemy army or settlement and engage? Finally, can we retreat to the siege of Sargoth and help our allies?

Everyone retreats to their place before making their last turn declaration.

Question:
If an army is garrisoned in a town/castle that is being besieged, if an ally army declares an engage at the invading forces, how are the spawns?
Is it a field battle?

I'm assuming it would be a field battle with all parties spawning 'magically' on one side or the other.
It should be one side can stay in the castle, and the other gets a spawn behind the invading forces?

Do enlighten pl0x.

Outlawed said:
Question:
If an army is garrisoned in a town/castle that is being besieged, if an ally army declares an engage at the invading forces, how are the spawns?
Is it a field battle?

I'm assuming it would be a field battle with all parties spawning 'magically' on one side or the other.
It should be one side can stay in the castle, and the other gets a spawn behind the invading forces?

Do enlighten pl0x.
Yes, an allied army coming to lift a siege produces a field battle. 

As per the spawning inside and behind the enemy, we are not quite there yet.  Most of the SP maps are too small to accomodate something like that.  If you look the buildings and such are located directly in the middle of most maps with little room to spare on the sides. 

Outlawed said:
So no real benefit to tactically squeezing an enemy army between two of your forces -_-
In the sense you are speaking of, no, it's not really feasible with the current map setup.  Basically either the attackers would spawn right at the walls or the would have the exact same spawn points as the "incoming" army.

The turn 2 summary says GKR.1 retreats to: I-12 GKR.2 retreats to: I-13 but the campaign map has us placed on H-12. Is that a mistake?  :?:

Snoop said:
The turn 2 summary says GKR.1 retreats to: I-12 GKR.2 retreats to: I-13 but the campaign map has us placed on H-12. Is that a mistake?  :?:
Indeed, the error is with the map.  As previously asked, the armies retreat to the previous turn's position.

Sorry about that.  I'll get it edited tonight.

Turn 3 is far past due.  Please post your turns asap. 

Orion said:
Now, I have a question. Whose order takes priority between TLB's garrison order and LES' besiege order?
The turn is "real time" and TLB posted before LES's besiege order was given by approx 30 minutes.  TLB is garrisonned inside the castle before "you arrive" so to speak. 
If they would have posted after then they would decide if they wish to engage you in a field battle with KoA or return to their previous location.

Some have commented their is no benefit in posting your turn before your enemies do, I think here is prime example of that not being the case.

Mad Dawg said:
Orion said:
Now, I have a question. Whose order takes priority between TLB's garrison order and LES' besiege order?
The turn is "real time" and TLB posted before LES's besiege order was given by approx 30 minutes.  TLB is garrisonned inside the castle before "you arrive" so to speak. 
If they would have posted after then they would decide if they wish to engage you in a field battle with KoA or return to their previous location.

Some have commented their is no benefit in posting your turn before your enemies do, I think here is prime example of that not being the case.
That clears things up for me. Strange turn system, I suppose sometimes you want to wait to post while other times it would be better to post before your rivals do.

After tonights Wappaw scheduling issue, I re read the rules.  Is there a formal and direct statement of mercanaries being allowed in or out?

Conall Ni Eachain said:
After tonights Wappaw scheduling issue, I re read the rules.  Is there a formal and direct statement of mercanaries being allowed in or out?
It is not specifically outlined per the rules but has been asked many times with a consistent answer.  In addition I talked with Pizza after clearing things up and there is a more clarified understanding at this point.

Which is what? I've read through pretty much everything in the ROCK threads without seeing the issue addressed once until now (with no clear answer). About the only thing that comes close is the ideas and rules about number of battle participants. Those rules are only valid if there are no mercs allowed since otherwise all fights would have an even number of participants or at least could be made even rather easily with mercs.

Coopels said:
Which is what? I've read through pretty much everything in the ROCK threads without seeing the issue addressed once until now (with no clear answer). About the only thing that comes close is the ideas and rules about number of battle participants. Those rules are only valid if there are no mercs allowed since otherwise all fights would have an even number of participants or at least could be made even rather easily with mercs.
The rules for someone's ability to participate in an engagement with a lordship are:

- Willing to participate and thereby follow all applicable rules.
- Willing to wear a tag that denotes the lordship.
- Is not a member of another lordship.

You can split hairs but someone willing to fight with you and wear a tag is the same as being a clan member.  While I encourage everyone to take this ruling as conservative as possible, the rule stands as is.  The purpose for this ruling is to encourage newer players, friends of clans, or people interested in ROCK to seek out a clan and be able to participate.  ROCK is a community event and an avenue is made available to every player in one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom