MULTIPLAYER and Regiments History

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
...reviving this Topic since some more activity will be done in the future, maybe...  :wink:

NOT for an intense Internet MP, but surely for inplementing the Lan or Solitaire MP battles, connecting 2 or more PCs of friends...or playing alone using Bots (enemies controlled by the AI of the game)

Q. Will this become multiplayer as well?

A. Honestly? Well, I started a modification of some troops and you can play some MP factions, but is unfinished.
BUT.... I get MUCH more satisfaction from my fans of SP cuz they like THE MOD and they usually have at least some good words of apreciation for the Developers... :roll:
Most of ppl interested in MP, instead, just come out with their heavy forums talking about their regiments, their rules, etc etc....
I honestly do not care at all about some of those, that will desert our MP mod as soon as onother one will come out, even if we spent time and blood trying to please their requests.
I will care more for MP when a thick bunch of OUR 1776 real supporters will make a request for it.
Gabrilduro

BAD experience:
Bravo2255 on May 09, 2012, 01:52:05 AM
I will be making my new Multiplayer mod 1776/1783 here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,220269.msg5277091.html#msg5277091

Supporter pics will be there soon!  :grin:

P.S. Gab thank you again!
I have had the best of my modding career in this mod, Gab gave me an opportunity to become a modder, When no one wanted to help me make a mod  :oops: So I want to personally thank Gab for all he has done for me, And I will always be here to help him. Whenever you need me Gab, I am just a message away  :grin: And to all of his Fan's, He is the coolest guy you will ever meet  :grin:

GABRILDURO said:
Thanks for your nice words, and best luck on your next project.

Then I will lock this Topic and will send MP ppl to yours, ok?

Gabby

Workaholic said:
I personally regret that MP version hasn't been continued under 1776 team but they did more then enough on SP version, so best of luck with your work on the new mod. :smile:
Dear Forumers, and expecially MP fans,
as declared up above by Bravo, he is developing and indipendent MP Mod and is keeping contacts with MP Regiments.
PLEASE do not post anything on my 1776 Board and delete/transfer your Regiments Topics.
I will delete all of them soon, in anycase and keep this Mod JUST for SP issues!

Thx to you all

Gabrilduro

Bravo2255 said:
ATTENTION

All Regiment leaders, Planning to start a Regiment or Already have formed one, Please send me or Pod455 a PM saying what regiment you will be hosting, Name and All that, I will make a list on the main post for links if you have a community on steam, Or a website.

Thanks,
            Bravo & the team.

Also, A discussion this weekend for what Rules should be for the MP, Stay tuned for more.
GABRILDURO said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228284.msg5463134.html#msg5463134
Wilkins was kind enough to state that up above, about having his MP Topic in my SP mod forum, cuz he is waiting for Bravo s MP indipendent Mod released.
As I declared before though, even if I was available to help Bravo in any way possible, I m getting tired of hosting MP Regiments Topics that spam on my first page.... :roll:
Please be aware that I will delete all of them within a week, or so, exception made for those that belong to some Gabrilduro's Supporter.....and I see there are very few... :???:
I hope that within a week Bravo will open his official New MP Mod Board and take care of all those regiments.

Gabrilduro

EDIT :
I saw Bravo declared he will need at least 3 more weeks
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,220269.msg5511758.html#msg5511758
As I said before I will delete all Regiments within the 27th of May, so you guys will have the time to copy and paste them somewhere else ( ask Bravo).

Good luck with your Regiments ....and support my 1776 SP Mod as well, boys! :wink:

Gabby

Well done, BRAVO!!  :razz:
Counting on you for keeping all this very well organized and civil.
And hoping to see some old Supporters coming back and helping, both for MP and SP....to do some work or ...just play!  :mrgreen:

I stickied this topic for you, and took away the old Multiplayer Topic

One first request: at least ONE Indian Faction! Best would be 2, so you can split Natives in GB allied and USA allied.
You guys all know how important American Natives are for me!  :twisted: ....and they DID fight in the War, even if not much as in French-Indian War.

Actually, only 2 Factions will end up being boring, after a while....so Bravo, you might consider to add some of the Nations that were there ....and that I put in the SP, like France...etc etc...

Or, at least, add ONE special MP Foreign Troop for each Faction, like Azrooh did in his great SECESSION:cool:

Hope we made all fans of MP happy now.
Hope to see some 1776 Supporter Pics for MP soon, in your profile, then!! :twisted:

Gabby :wink:

Some Regiments history:
Wotson said:
1st Maryland Regiment

800px-Battle_of_Guiliford_Courthouse_15_March_1781.jpg

About us: We were formed November 29th by the core members of [CSA] an Elite Total War clan formed in early 2009. We are here to play and represent the 1st Maryland of the Maryland Line

History of the 1st Maryland.

On 6 July 1776 the Maryland Battalion was assigned to the main Continental Army. On 12 August 1776 it was assigned to Stirling's Brigade and five days later (17 August 1776) adopted into the main Continental Army. On 31 August the Maryland Battalion was re-assigned from Stirling's Brigade to McDougall's Brigade. On 19 September 1776 the Maryland Independent Companies were assigned to the Maryland Battalion. This element was relieved from McDougall's Brigade on 10 November 1776. From 10 December 1776 to January 1777 the element was assigned to Mercer's Brigade. In January 1777 this element was re-organized to eight companies and was re-designated as the 1st Maryland Regiment and assigned to the 1st Maryland Brigade on 22 May 1777 of the main continental Army. On 12 May 1779 the regiment was re-organized to nine companies. On 5 April 1780 the 1st Maryland Brigade was re-assigned to the Southern Department. On 1 January 1781 it was re-assigned to the Maryland Brigade of the Southern Department. The regiment would see action during the New York Campaign, Battle of Trenton, Battle of Princeton, Battle of Brandywine, Battle of Germantown, Battle of Monmouth, Battle of Camden and the Battle of Guilford Court House. The regiment was furloughed 27 July 1783 at Baltimore and disbanded on 15 November 1783.
The Maryland Battalion distinguished itself at the Battle of Long Island by single-handedly covering the retreat of the American forces against numerically superior British and Hessian forces. Thereafter, General George Washington relied heavily upon the Marylanders as one of the few reliable fighting units in the early Continental Army. For this reason, Maryland is sometimes known as "The Old Line State."

Recruitment Standards
Must be atleast 14 years of age.
Must have Mount and Blade: Warband.
Must have ventrilo.

We are an American Revolutionary War regiment, and as one of the founding regiments it is our duty to grow the community and establish an excellent reputation for ourselves and the people around us.

Roster
first-maryland-regiment-retaking-british-field-artillery-at-guilford-court-house-north-carolina.jpg
Ranks

this accurately models my thoughts on multiplayer mods

too many mods are flavor of the month for a week and then nobody plays them again and two months of the dev's life are gone.

to play a single player mod you dont need a server already filled with people  :mrgreen:

Well it's not an anti-MP thing. I think Gab and the team don't mind if people play that and want that. I think he's just expressed, pretty eloquently, a frustration we have about that aspect. I think there will be an MP here but the team are a bunch of SP oriented guys (I know I am) and we'll always favor that aspect just a wee bit more. We want to make the SP experience a more challenging one.

Auldman said:
Well it's not an anti-MP thing. I think Gab and the team don't mind if people play that and want that. I think he's just expressed, pretty eloquently, a frustration we have about that aspect. I think there will be an MP here but the team are a bunch of SP oriented guys (I know I am) and we'll always favor that aspect just a wee bit more. We want to make the SP experience a more challenging one.
Heh, I wish I could express myself in english that well as you, Auldie  :lol:
But that s exactly it, folks.
I love some good MP games and some M&B WB MPlayers Mods.
And, see YOU GUYS CAN actually play MP on 1776, even now, if you have a Lan.
I finished 1755 Old Frontier MP troop trees as well, and made many ppl happy about it.

In 1776, still factions are not finished, yet though....and it will be done AFTER some important things we still need for SP.
Last thing: always remember that a good SP takes much more effort to be done than a MP....just for the sake of the work that has been put in it.  :wink:
Gabby

No real need for Multiplayer, good Gabrilduro.

Your mods are so complete and epic in Single-Player, that it would be hard for a multi-player part of them to live up to the harcore standards we are used to (balancing for multi-player is a ***** too, and immersion would be lost because of tweaks and required changes to actually make these mods work in a player versus played environment).

I'm a real supporter and i beleive the idea of brits and americans cutting each other throats in mp sounds like a great idea lol. It won't really diminish it as you can see other mods like MM are still up with secession that came up. So Yeah MP Sounds like a great idea.

I have to agree, multiplayer is extremely fun if you join up into these regiments and companies, doing something organized together and fighting against another organized line never gets old. To me I am a little disappointed that you guys are thinking of not even adding multiplayer, because this was one of the main reasons I wanted to play this mod so much.

Sirdur13 said:
I have to agree, multiplayer is extremely fun if you join up into these regiments and companies, doing something organized together and fighting against another organized line never gets old. To me I am a little disappointed that you guys are thinking of not even adding multiplayer, because this was one of the main reasons I wanted to play this mod so much.

We didn't say we were not going to add it. In fact it is there now in a 90% state and playable for those with LAN. What we have actually said is putting the effort into improving it is not our top priority but that is different than saying we won't have it or do it and we're not militantly anti-MP or anything like that. But we are more SP oriented and that's just how we are as a team. That's all.

Sirdur13 said:
Ok, thx.
But, honestly....do you guys read up above a little?  :roll:
My english is not perfect but where did I , or Auldman, ever said
are thinking of not even adding multiplayer
Did you dwld the Mod?
MP is there....not finished but usable.... :???:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Sirdur13 said:
Ok, thx.
Did you dwld the Mod?
Gab
Well yeah but multiplayer should be improved on with a server and release for MP. I mean or else adding MP would be mainly useless anyways.

Victus96 said:
GABRILDURO said:
Sirdur13 said:
Ok, thx.
Did you dwld the Mod?
Gab
Well yeah but multiplayer should be improved on with a server and release for MP. I mean or else adding MP would be mainly useless anyways.
NOT useless at all!
LESS useful, I d say... :wink:
I explain myself better: I LOVE Lans matches (I can have access to a 4 station connected PCs ) in which you "Multiplay" with friends. SO it is useful having it, see?
But I agree that we do not have a running server.
Gab

Well sorry, but seeing as you guys posted really gave me the feeling that you guys really don't want to add MP, maybe I just read it wrong then. I hope you guys get started on putting some kind of server up for the mod, and hopefully  regiments from MM will transfer if the MP ends up being good, or better, comparability.
Good luck

Sirdur13 said:
Well sorry, but seeing as you guys posted really gave me the feeling that you guys really don't want to add MP, maybe I just read it wrong then. I hope you guys get started on putting some kind of server up for the mod, and hopefully  regiments from MM will transfer if the MP ends up being good, or better, comparability.
Good luck
Mmmh, M&M is definetely the BEST musket MP ever....impossible to even just compare to them  :???:
That is the simple truth!

GABRILDURO said:
Sirdur13 said:
Good luck
Mmmh, M&M is definetely the BEST musket MP ever....impossible to even just compare to them  :???:
That is the simple truth!

I think this mod has a pretty good chance to become a big hit, if you guys can get the combat right. I lead the III East Prussian Grenadiers in MM we have played for more than a year now, but the combat is simply boring due to the spas-ing (running around in a circle and killing people. Mostly due to the reason that the thrust attack is too fast.) and the musket/bayoneted musket can only swing in two directions, this makes the combat get really old, really fast. So if you could some how improve on the combat by allowing people to swing all 4 directions with the musket/bayoneted musket, and slow down the thrust attack to something more true to life. I think that you would already have a huge hand over MM. 

I mean I have played the MM mod since the beginning. And the combat they had before the Waterloo patch was the time I had the most fun with the mod. And it always helps to have friendly mod producers that don't get a big head as soon as the mod becomes successful.

Best regards, Andreas

Note: If you need any help with the combat system just let me know it would be enjoyable to help you guys out. Also know that my regiment will try out your MP we are looking to get Von Rall's Regiment. Thanks to whoever modeled those glorious Hessen Troops!

Thx Andreas  :wink:
One thing that nobody ever seem to notice, actually....is that I usually always anser to ppl on forums/topics and till few weeks ago, the hundreds PMs I always get  :roll:
....I ve never seen another modder with 3 mods going on, doing that... :???:....and it takes all your time, see?
Wait...the only great Modder feedbacking fans like me, is my good friend and great person, IDIBIL of brytenwalda (jeees, Idi....you ll have to pay me one day for all the avertisement I do to your Bryt!! :twisted: heheheJK, of course)
Gabby

Ok ....few words to all ppl that are posting their MP Topics:
....besides the fact that I see not even a word referring to my Mod itself, nor other things connected in some way to my creations or other, I just got a final report from a person that was pretending to join your Regiments, and nobody of you Regiments Hirers, ever mentioned anytime 1776 or any of the Gabrilduro s Mods. :???:

If posting here your MP Topics just means getting advertisment for other Mods, well..... That would be just teasing me and using my Forums, right?....then, you can well imagine I will delete all of them, right?

Also....this Mod is still SP....so, it doesn t make much sense....  :???:

Most of the ppl that opened these topics never even posted a thing on my Forums, neither helped or showed apreciation.

Sorry, but if MP topics will still be made in the way they are done now, I will have them locked or even deleted, because they are just a big tease to me and my work.

Thx for reading and pls do not use me and my Forums for your personal advantage

Gabrilduro

I thought it had multiplayer under development, and i think that's why a many number of people posted for regiments in preparation.

Back
Top Bottom