DogSoldieR needs beta testers for WARBAND native-feel project

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you love the feel of native and wish you can implement your own suggestions and tweak improvements on native based mods like Diplomacy+PBOD?

I'm trying to put together a team of modders (doesnt matter if you are a novice, so am I, all I need is your passion for native play and rudimentary mod skills) and beta testers for a project.

Active Team (15/08/2011)
DogSoldieR - Chief Compiler
iLaG - Chief Code Monkey
Zerilius - Code Meister
JosieJ - Editor in chief and Beta Tester
Blead - Chief Code Breaker
ChapterMaster - Code Chamberlain
Mr Wonder - Code Squire

Maybe I'll call it: Native PLUS project. (I'm not very big on naming flair.)

ALSO! I will be working on DogSoldieR's Polished Dialogues project concurrently with the Native PLUS project. If you have any crappy irrational dialogues and speeches, please bring it up here. Fixes will be for 1.134 Diplomacy+PBOD (fief trading edition) version onwards. The corrected speech files will be linked here when changes are made. Just copy n paste over the old files in the module.

It will NOT be an overhaul of the overall feel of the native game like what Floris Mod pack, Brytenwalda and many more other wonderful mods out there.

The platform I will be most likely to base it on will be:
Base game version: Native 1.134 (anything above 1.134 is shaky)
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1134.exe
Base mod version: Diplomacy 3.3.2 w PBOD version , http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152114.0.html

I need the following:

• Companions! Modders and others who understand coding and some beta testing.
  • Troops! Beta testers, people who just wanna play native and doesnt care for coding.
  • Village Elders! Basically, people who are rich in imagination and flair for creating dialogs and scenarios. Dialog-Script Directors if you may. Apply for this if you think you have a flair for theatre.

Disclaimer:
Please back up your save games before attempting my released material. I will NOT be liable if your valuable games get corrupted from evil coding or crashes.

I post this topic here even though it is mod related for a reason: I want the fans of NATIVE based feel to be interested and try their hand at mods without deviating too far from NATIVE. Babysteps!

Thank you to the crew of Diplomacy 3.3.2 with PBOD for releasing the source codes.
Thank you Captain Octavius, whom I took the Polished Native Troops from in this project.
Thank you Caba'drin for releasing to me the source code for this function.

I have included a README file detailing what have been added in for each version that I release.
This test is a closed beta for further versions now until I get a bigger base of crew and testers.

DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE HERE:
version 1.01b - http://www.mediafire.com/?qkkf89ak793326q

version 1.01c - http://www.mediafire.com/?b64db8bc36fedgh

Please Private Message me or leave your name here to register your interest to join my mailing list or as a crew.

INSTALLATION:
Same thing as with the mods, just unzip the package into the MODULES directory.
It should be under its own directory name: DogWorld101x (x depends on which version you have currently)

Making a save directory for DogWorld101x: (thank you JosieJ)
Start a new game, then delete it (which will make a folder for any savegames for dogworld101a  to keep your regular gamesaves intact), then copy your native 1.134 / diplomacy 3.3.2 savegames into that empty directory 'DogWorld101x'.

Boot up the game, select DogWorld module, start it up. you should be able to access your save games now.

Fire up the game where you are a vassal with estates belonging to a faction. Then go tell your king that you quit.

Screenshots:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/83/iquit1.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4833/iquit2.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2908/iquit3.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4135/iquit4.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1438/iquit5.jpg

This is just a sample of something to show.

changes 1.01a:

added the ability to keep your estates when you resign your vassalage with your faction liege.
the option to resign and return your estates as per basic diplomacy/native function still exists.

fixed a bug: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183543.0.html
lord should call up the fief name correctly now

Credits to the mod makers of Floris Mod Pack for the coding of this function.
thank you Caba'drin, et al.

Thank you Lord Kinlar for showing how to fix this
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183783.msg4432933.html#msg4432933

changes 1.01b:

increased 1 skill = 10 instead of 1 = 5, in leadership and prisoner management to better compete with the stinking AI cheater lords

a gift to beta testers upon arrival into Caldaria, given by merchant of XXX.

female-female marriages by cheat menu implemented. function- gender toggle in camp menu>cheatmenu
changes 1.01c:

Female-Female marriages [Coding done and tested! Thanks to Ripple for the code]
Instructions: camp> camp menu> enable cheats> change gender.
Turns your female char into a male when you interact with a NPC lady.
Note though, do remember to change back to female by the same way when you are done chatting with her!

Cattle follow instead of running away [Coding done and tested! Coding from TheMageLord]

Ability to ask a spouse (wife) the location of a lord in your faction.
Your wife will now be able to give you locations of people as when she was still a single lady.
Please download the file here, I forgot to include it in the zip file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2is0dvmoqbasq30

Things to come:

As well as maybe the chamberlain to give this function as well. version 1.01d [Still in process]

Order the units in your garrison by moving them up and down just like you can in your own party.[This is tricky, may not come out in version 1.01d. If anyone has an idea where all the functions are spread out across all the module files, any help and hint would be appreciated!]

Recruiting deserters and bandits. [Coding into beta release in progress, thanks to iLag for code. Deserter recruitment coding is now complete.]

Any wife suggestions to be implemented are welcome. After all, getting married is the highlight of this game, no matter what anyone tells you. What other events in the game merits a cutscene besides marriage? Think about it :p

For now, anything that breaks the game or looks funny - aka NOT working as intended.

This beta module is based on diplomacy 3.3.2 with PBOD (non-fief trading edition, I hate the combat in fief trading edition) on the native 1.134 backbone. It should not look any different from that stated above mod except for the addon functions implemented.

Any feedback on bad scripts in speech, any screwed up functions and such are welcome.

I don't know any scripting, it looks all like a huge pain in the ass. But if there's any other way I can help, like testing and other stuff like that, I'm there :grin:

Sure, I'll be a beta tester.  Or better yet, can I join you as a coder?  I actually started doing something like this on my own.  I never released anything, but I did get quite a few little tweaks done with.  Here's a list of them:
Code:
01) Sword Sisters are now recruitable like mercenaries (and camp followers, huntresses, camp defenders).
	Ditto for Manhunters and Slavers.
	NOTE: This completely breaks savegame compatibility.
02) Talk to Village Elder button.
	Ditto for Guild Masters.
	Coding based on a script I found at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,78411.msg2084794.html#msg2084794.
03) Inventory can be opened while talking a walk in castle courtyards.
	I figured that if you're allowed carry your weapons around in them, you should be allowed to open your inventory in them.
04) Bombs!
	They're expensive, powerful, and have a kind-of ugly model and throwing animation.
	I'd love to get some balancing feedback on them.
	Coding based on a public domain script found at http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Grenade.
		It's been greatly modified, and now checks if the person is behind cover, doing damage proportional to the percentage of their body not behind cover.
		KNOWN ISSUE: If the bombs land on scene props, they'll go through them an inch, and harmlessly explode without hurting anyone.  I can't figure out how to fix this.
	KNOWN ISSUE: Bombs can hurt and kill civilians when walking around town.  Don't worry, no permantent damage is ever done.
		I've implemented a fix for this, but I haven't thoroughly tested it yet.
	NOTE: This makes savegames only backwards compatible.
05) New CHEAT MENU option: Modify an Item.
	Modding is limited to applying one of the standard modifiers to the item, such as "heavy" or "lordly" or "large bag of."
	There are two options of selecting a modded item:
		Restricted, which only allows you to access modifiers the item would normally have.
		Unrestricted, which allows you to select any modifer, including ones that were dummied out by the developers and do nothing except alter the price.
	Because this is CHEAT MENU, I made it not cost anything.
06) You can now find timid horses.
	Timid horses cost a little bit more, but have a lower riding requirement.  They can be found in horse venders everywhere, and possibly as loot.
	This was simply a dummied-out modifier that I reimplemented very easily.
07) You may now choose what weapon you want to use in arena fights and when sparring at training fields.
	NOTE: I probably will not be doing this for tournaments.  It will greatly reduce the risk of losing money, making tournaments even less balanced.
08) You are allowed to keep your clothes on when doing weapon practice in training fields.
	You also now can use your own horse when doing horseback practice.
09) You can now pick fights with tavern patrons.
	Patrons do not react well to being insulted or bothered, so be careful, or they'll hire a couple of mercenaries to kill you.
	NOTE: This makes savegames only backwards compatible.
10) New CHEAT MENU options: Become a Man and Become a Woman.
11) If Lords fight in the final battle and lose, they're always captured.  Otherwise, they can escape with same chances.
	Frankly it's very annoying to see the lord escape when I'm literally standing on top of his corpse.
12) New CHEAT MENU option: Hire a Troop.
	Allows you to choose from any troop that can normally be hired, and hire as many as you want at no initial cost.
If you're interested in any of them, say something and I'll send them over to you.

Also, I noticed that you're basing this off of 1.134 as opposed to the latest 1.143.  I can port your mod to 1.143 for you if you're interested.  Just give me the source and no more three hours, and you should get your results.

Sounds good iLag, the reason why I base it on 1.134 is becos of the best stability and support among the versions out now. I still dont trust 1.142 or 1.143. It will be good if you can do porting to 1.143 for those who prefers the new versions.

Will get in touch once I have stabilised my codes. Consider yourself hired and in my mailing list  :mrgreen:

10) New CHEAT MENU options: Become a Man and Become a Woman.

Actually I'm experimenting with this right now. :smile:

Dogsoldier has become a modder. That's great.

I have one suggestion. I know that you have brilliant writing skills. So how about making a new dialogue mod. The native has very few dialogues and it becomes quite boring to hear rather see them again and again.

May be once you finish this you can work on something like Dogsoldier's polished dialogues.
Good luck.
:grin:

DogSoldieR said:
This beta module is based on diplomacy 3.3.2 with PBOD (non-fief trading edition, I hate the combat in fief trading edition) on the native 1.134 backbone.

No fief trading? :cry:

Seriously, what's the difference with the combat between the two versions?

Zerilius said:
Dogsoldier has become a modder. That's great.

I have one suggestion. I know that you have brilliant writing skills. So how about making a new dialogue mod. The native has very few dialogues and it becomes quite boring to hear rather see them again and again.

May be once you finish this you can work on something like Dogsoldier's polished dialogues.
Good luck.
:grin:

I'm trying to convince Ripple, TarnishedWanderer and JosieJ, et al, to become my dialogue directors. They have more flair for theatre than I ever can imagine myself :sad:

And would you care to join my team as well? I seen the debug work you did, pretty nifty. I could use a good companion like you. How does a signing on fee of 500 denars sound?

Polished dialogues, sounds good. JosieJ has been suggesting this herself, fixing and cleaning up dialogues. I'll give it more thought on this matter :smile:

ChapterMaster said:
hey , DogSoldieR , i want to become your troop , i have 0 skills in modding but i want to become a beta tester :grin:

Cool, you are on my mailing list when I got the next mod release out. Me and my dialogue director, JosieJ, are working on something atm.

JosieJ said:
DogSoldieR said:
This beta module is based on diplomacy 3.3.2 with PBOD (non-fief trading edition, I hate the combat in fief trading edition) on the native 1.134 backbone.

No fief trading? :cry:

Seriously, what's the difference with the combat between the two versions?

Fret not. The edition I give you to sample is based on that fief trading edition. Just for you!

What I hate about the fief trading edition:

YOU HAVE NOT MET GUILDMASTER/ VILLAGE ELDER YET. zomg screw this! I have an army and carry a big sword. Lords are busy people, let me thru already!

Combat: Freaking enemy in the field throws ONE soldier at you to get slaughtered by your 100 archers. Then you wait wait look around, nobody else comes. You go scout, they are all camping at their spawn drinking tea! zomg!!! Give me the bloody thirsty "I DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL" bandit charge of doom anyday!

This 2 are my pet peeves atm. I refuse to touch this edition other than for modding purposes.

You PM'd me, but I have a question. Am I "Ripple?" :razz:

I've been tossing some ideas for companions for a few weeks now. I can get their dialogues down, but I don't know where to look to script in their personalities (I.E., Conflicts with other companions, conflicts with the PC, liking other companions, etc)

No you are not "Ripple", you are the evil twin Riddle.

Ah, here is the link which I use:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html

Give it a go! Test your ideas there! :grin:

Hey thanks for the invitation.
I would love to join your team but I have a bit of time limitation so I won't be able to help actively in the mod.
But if you don't have any problem with that you can consider me in.
Otherwise you can always feel free to PM me if you have any problem.

I've been playing it for a bit and none of the dialogue seem out of order so far. I haven't done everything yet though.

Also, I've noticed that I've been getting a lot of recruits from villages with a 0 relationship. Did you change that or did I just get lucky?

Blead said:
I've been playing it for a bit and none of the dialogue seem out of order so far. I haven't done everything yet though.

Also, I've noticed that I've been getting a lot of recruits from villages with a 0 relationship. Did you change that or did I just get lucky?

Yeah I been cleaning up dialogs here and there.

About the recruitment, you got lucky. I did nothing to the settings. I guess its your appeal they likey likey  :mrgreen:

Well I've used a cheated account so I figure that's where most of the strange things lie for example that lady who went from 0 to 100 in relationship with me just because I "confessed to be a most ardent admirer" or something along that line.

Also something about the formations. I think it's messing up for the Khergits since the only thing they seem to do is group up with each other and stand still. The only one taking action is the lord. Here is a screenshot of it:
1490cna.jpg

Edit: Also:
250k1dw.jpg

At first I was given this error message when I killed 2 lords during a battle. Then a lot of time passed with nothing happening. Now I've been randomly getting them after I kill a bunch of people.

I think it's the formations getting messed up because the lords are not controlling them or because they lose more member of their formation then they can reform the formation. But that's just a strain of thought.

hey ,dogsoldier, i got a suggestion , why dont u give an option to recruit deserters at a higher price when u meet them. It saves time from training recruits. dont put higher tiers , just put around 3rd-5th tier depending on the troop tree.. Some of the mods are doing it..

Hey Blead, thats the problem that annoys me in this mod about that clusterfukk with 1 guy charging you. I think the solution would be - goto Camp, Mod options - DISABLE "AI FORMATIONS" ..  see if that solves it.

About that script warning, see if my above suggestion can help solve it. 1st time I seen that happening, you sure break alot of things  :razz:

@CM: that is interesting. I'll see what I can do about it. Could you show me which mods do that? I'll have to see how they code it.

DogSoldieR said:
Hey Blead, thats the problem that annoys me in this mod about that clusterfukk with 1 guy charging you. I think the solution would be - goto Camp, Mod options - DISABLE "AI FORMATIONS" ..  see if that solves it.

About that script warning, see if my above suggestion can help solve it. 1st time I seen that happening, you sure break alot of things  :razz:

@CM: that is interesting. I'll see what I can do about it. Could you show me which mods do that? I'll have to see how they code it.

for once , Warriors of the gods its in the first or 2nd page of caravanserai. However , its still in beta altough it is working  .

Back
Top Bottom