Multiplayer Class Statistics

Users who are viewing this thread

As I said, I might be wrong. But people just play warband with only 5 factions, that's what annoys me. At least some khergit vs khergit matches can be arranged if that is the problem. Or khergits vs other faction matches can be played at some of the maps that is esteemed suitable for it. Not that I think khergits are that powerful. They just need to be acted a bit more specifically. They do not have infantry, their horse archers are mobile but can also be very very vulnerable. It's not that they have no weaknesses at all. If there are any strategists, step forward. I should not be the only one to think khergits deserve to be played.

Khergits are a very fickle beast when it comes to team play. Too many players (assuming equal teams) and the non-Khergs get swarmed; too few players, and the Khergs go all horse-archer and kite till they win/MOTF

Master Ronin said:
As I said, I might be wrong. But people just play warband with only 5 factions, that's what annoys me. At least some khergit vs khergit matches can be arranged if that is the problem. Or khergits vs other faction matches can be played at some of the maps that is esteemed suitable for it. Not that I think khergits are that powerful. They just need to be acted a bit more specifically. They do not have infantry, their horse archers are mobile but can also be very very vulnerable. It's not that they have no weaknesses at all. If there are any strategists, step forward. I should not be the only one to think khergits deserve to be played.
I do enjoy a jolly good match running after horse archers as infantry >.>

Master Ronin said:
Good luck catching them

So, not defending them anymore? Or are you saying they should still be allowed, even if they make another class completely useless?

You asked for strategy earlier:

Train your own horse archers - only one faction has them now, vaegirs being the only faction to be able to ride (if cav give up their own horses).
Wait for them to run out of arrows - Not viable with motf
Team full of archers and hide in towers - only viable until motf, and sounds really fun (NOT). Not viable on open maps, unless there are ruins, because archers can be surrounded easily. Between HA and cav charges, archers on an open map die really, really fast.
Build better armor that deflects arrows, like a peascod (lul)
Napalm

That was an answer to the genius guy who tries to catch horse archers as an infantryman.

Train your own horse archers - only one faction has them now, vaegirs being the only faction to be able to ride (if cav give up their own horses).
Training horse archers is not a good way to beat the khergits in their own game. Khergits make better horse archers than vaegirs, vaegir archers will deal lesser damage with lesser accuracy. This is not the way to go I think. Horse archery effects both the damage and accuracy while mounted if I am not mistaken.

Wait for them to run out of arrows - Not viable with motf
It was the case if you are a bunch of infantrymen, against horse archers. That is the case if you are that much desparate. Hold your shield and wait for the khergits to make a mistake perhaps? As long as you have a shield, they should not be able to harm you (considering you are not in an open field, which you shouldn't be anyway) as you can not harm them. Do not lose archers. If you lose archers It's like a  losing the carry in a teamfight, in DotA. As for the MotF, when the MotF comes out, both you and the enemy will have to get close to that flag. Not only you, the enemy as well. There's no point in rushing to the flag. Let khergits take the initiative and let 1-2 of them stand in there, with their puny shields not covering their foot. Do not send infantry to defend the flag. Rather let the enemy to defend the flag, as if they can. Handle the guys defending the flag with archers; while a few infantry defending the main group with archers. Cav can be used to skirmish, delay or deal with enemy lancers.  Unless you are outnumbered there must be a way to balance things out always, and that is teamwork.

Team full of archers and hide in towers - only viable until motf, and sounds really fun (NOT). Not viable on open maps, unless there are ruins, because archers can be surrounded easily. Between HA and cav charges, archers on an open map die really, really fast.
I was referring to balanced maps, not cavalry maps. Of course a cavalry suited faction will be more advantegous on a cavalry favored map, such as infantry factions are better in infantry maps vica versa.
If the khergits are really overpowered, there has to be some maps that prevent the cavalry from being that much useful. Why Khergits are still not played in every single map and gametype? Including sieges maybe, where cavalry is supposed to be weaker?

Build better armor that deflects arrows, like a peascod (lul)
(lul)

Goldraider was being sarcastic.

My point is, there isn't a good tactic against horse archers. On the last point, why would a team choose a cav faction on a closed map? You mention "balanced." The closest to balanced is ruins, and horse archers are still more effective there than archers. There are reasons they are not used in competitive play. The decision wasn't made overnight.

POM has been the place to go for pick up battles since I started playing. It had khergits in rotation for a while. When they weren't voted off right away, they were extremely overpowered on almost all maps, exceptions being nord town and port assault. Khergits are in rotation on GK_Siege, but siege maps are closed maps by design. Horse archers won't have an advantage when they are on a map where you have to dismount and climb ladders or you lose. They are also on rotation in DM and TDM. Often, a new player can hop on a horse archer and top the boards in DM. Most players use DM and TDM to practice specific styles of play, so they won't necessarily join the horse archer mess just to beat them. That's fine, and it's expected for new players to join those servers as horse archers, archers and nords with 2 handed axes.

It's not that people can't think of strategies to combat horse archers. It's that the strategies to combat them just aren't fun, and the game isn't designed to cater to the boring strategies that would be required. We spend enough time dicking around before flags spawn as it is.

Kingdom of Swadia
Crossbowman:
(proficiencies) 90 in all melee proficiencies and throwing, 180 xbow, 60 archery
(skills) 2 IF, 2 PS, 5 shield, 4 ath, 1 riding
Infantry:
105 1hw, 130 2hw, 110 polearms, 40 archery, 60 xbow, 110 throwing
5 IF, 4 PS, 2 PT, 4 shield, 6 ath, 1 riding
Man-at-Arms:
130 1hw, 110 2hw, 120 polearms
3 IF, 3 PS, 2 PT, 2 shield, 3 ath, 5 riding

Kingdom of Vaegirs
Archer:
80 in all melee proficiencies and throwing, 150 archery, 60 xbow
2 IF, 7 PD, 2 shield, 3 ath, 1 riding
Spearman:
110 1hw, 100 2hw, 130 polearms, 30 archery, 50 xbow, 120 throwing
4 IF, 4 PS, 3 PT, 2 shield, 6 ath, 1 riding
Horseman:
110 in all melee proficiencies and throwing, 90 archery, 60 xbow
4 IF, 3 PS, 4 PT, 3 shield, 5 riding

Khergit Khanate
(Keep in mind this faction has only 2/3 the classes, and that lancers count as infantry as well as cavalry.)
Horse Archer:
70 in all melee proficiencies, 142 archery, 60 xbow, 100 throwing
5 PD, 1 shield, 3 ath, 2 riding, 3 HA
Infantry:
110 in all proficiencies.
3 IF, 3 PS, 3 PT, 4 shield, 6 ath
Lancer:
115 in all proficiencies
3 IF, 3 PS, 3 PT, 4 shield, 4 ath, 6 riding, 0 HA

Kingdom of Nords
Archer:
90 in all melee proficiencies, 150 archery, 60 xbow, 80 throwing