AAR: Doctor Hypolodeas and his failed expiditon.

Do you like this or not?

• THIS IS EPIC

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Very good

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Good

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

user1324865215

This is my attempt into the world of AAR. As i am writing this away from home, there will not be any screenshots for a while. This is not strictly an AAR. It is a blend of an AAR and what could happen in the game world, so only about half of the things  are "Real". This was inspired by the now famous "Me, Floris".
Hope you like it!

AAR: Dr. Hypolaodeas!

I am writing this on a cold table on a ship heading out of Jelkala, as this may be the last time I write. Hunched over the table, i hear the misrible sounds of Count Tellrog ungulating his lunch. That said, I hope he stops soon, so i may start my writing. My father was a merchant, i travelled with him on his trips. The lead guard taught me how to use a sword and a bow, so that i may defend the caravan. However this life was not ment for me. I departed to study at the best university of Calradia, at Shariz. However, i was kicked out for something so insignificant, I cannot remember it. I traveled to Jelkala on the first caravan that left. Soon i was in Rhodock territorry, but then a horde of bandits raided the caravan. I slipped away with my life, and soon i was in jelkala. I awoke in the dawn. Wandering out of the tavern i was soon lost in the stone streets of Jelkala. I heard a sound that made me stop in my tracks, the sound of knife being pulled out of its sheath. I whirled around, to see a large man grinning at me, with a huge cleaver in his hand.
        I drew out my own dagger, and knifed him in the arm, hitting an artery. His arm exploded in gore, and i quickly knifed him in the neck, ending his misrible life. A fat man in a tunic ran up to me. He shouted but i ran away. I knew him as one of my fathers buisness partners, and any contact with my past life needed to be avoided, for the time being. Escaping into the countryside, i found myself beset with even more bandits, these did not wear any armor. I drew my dagger, and quickly slew these fools. I took one mans club, but that was it. In the countryside i ran into a man named Count Tellrog, and he called out to me. His army was camped over in the valley, he told me, and there was a man with gangrene who needed to be treated. I went to the university in Shariz to learn how to be a doctor, and this would be an exelent time for me to test the skills i have leared.
                  At the camp i went to the medical tent, and treated the man. Count Tellrog thanked me, and asked if i would not mind coming to his manor house. "Manor house?" I asked, confused." Yes" Tellrog sighed." I lost Grunwalder castle to those stupid Swadians." At the manor house, we went to the small dining hall. He told me of a program that King Graveth had instituted. He told me that, if i colonized any islands off the mainlands, he would give me control over it. Tellrog said, grinning. He spread out a map on the table. He exitely poined at some islands near the coast of Jelkala. "These will be the Tellrog Islands!" He exlamied. "You can be my cheif scout, as you seem to be more knowlageable about these things". He said, pointing to me. "Well, i went to the university to study as a doctor" I said. " No matter", Tellrog repiled exitedly. "You are smarter than me, and that is good enough!" This is how I came to be on this small wooden boat, with Tellrog heaving every half a second abovedecks.

Could use pictures, better formatting (more spaces, shorter paragraphs, spaces between paragraphs, centered title), might want to write it in word first to fix any spelling/grammar errors too.

Velax: Sorry about my typing, its on my laptop, and i was in a hurry.

Malik Faris: Did you not read the first paragraph? Besides that, thanks for the advice.

The next chapter should be soon! And no grammar mistakes this time!

His arm exploded in gore
You've got quite a knife over there :lol:.

Nice to see you refusing the merchant quest, and weaving a good reason for it into your story. Keep it coming.

There's a spell check on the forum: when you make a post, you can post, preview and spell check. It's a sufficient one, I use it quite often. Maybe it can be of help :smile:.

Also, it might be an idea to use a white line before each new paragraph instead of jumping in: by using a white line (like I do in this post), the AAR looks less like a wall of text. On paper I also prefer jumping in, but on the forum it reads better with the white lines.

Chapter 2:

We have arrived at the island with out much trouble, other than Tellrog adding an extra 20 gallons of water to the sea. The island was forested, and Tellrog immediately ordered some peasants to gather wood to make new houses.

Us two, as well as 20 Rhodock sergeants and some mercenary cavalry, made our way into the forest. We found some natives, and they welcomed us. I saw Tellrogs profit oriented brain scheming. He told me that they would make excellent slaves. Sickened at this thought, I told him that we could hire some as guides, as they spoke the same language as us.

They took us into the forest, until we reached a clearing. In the middle of the clearing sat a large rock. Closer inspection revealed it to be filled with rubies! I estimated that more than 50 pounds (or the metric equivalent, what ever that is) could be extracted without much difficulty. Maybe more lay underground. Tellrog literally looked like he was going to explode with joy. We asked them if we could take it. They shook their heads. One man said it was from the gods. Tellrog stared at him dumbly. The troops looked uneasy. However a loud crash stopped all of our thoughts.

“They are soldiers of the cult of the Cyclops!” on native yelled, as he ran off.  The raiders were clad in light mail armor, with an insignia of a single large eye. The troops prepared for a battle.
The raiders were upon us within seconds. They were well trained and armed. We fought with courage,but soon they outnumbered us. We had no choice but to surrender. They took us to some boats, I tried to escape, but one man clubbed me on the head. I saw nothing after that but darkness.

Back
Top Bottom