Boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

*clears throat*

please, please please, please, please can we have boxing.
Like an arnea fight, and you block with your fists, and then we could have unarmed combat. One vs. one boxing which you can bet on. That would be amazing.

Yep, yep! Sounds great, but don't forget about kicking! I'm not talking ninja-style martial arts here, but down and dirty street fighting. That counts knees to the privates, fists to the guts and elbows to the face.

And jumping up and down on fallen foes... oooh yes... if only it had ragdoll... but the engine has it's limitations, I guess.

Sure why not? It could serve as part of the basis for a mini-game of arena contests in which boxing was part. Anything for a change of pace.

<dream> You could choose a special move at level 10... mine would be "Kick-'em-in-the-nadgers-'till-they-cannae-get-up"... </dream>

You could choose a special move at level 10... mine would be "Kick-'em-in-the-nadgers-'till-they-cannae-get-up"...
Mine would be "the dragon": You could shoot fire balls from your hands, some fire novas from your feet and launch few squirts of flaming substance from your ass. :lol:

I did that on Saturday, damn barbeque chicken pizza :shock:

I could see gauntlets being added, right hand blunt weapon, left hand a shield (maybe) both modeled to look like gloves. Heck, you could do leather, chain, steel etc with varying damage and speed levels. That'd be pretty cool.

Adding in fisticuff fights means you got to design a system of fighting for it.
I suppose the current system with attack/block and different directions of attack will suffice.

Mine would blatantly be "The Vinnie"

You drive a car on next to their almost dead corpse, put their head in the car door and start slamming away :cool:

Ingolifs said:
Adding in fisticuff fights means you got to design a system of fighting for it.
I suppose the current system with attack/block and different directions of attack will suffice.

Up - Jab
Left/Right - Hooks
Down - Uppercut

It would work perfectly. Of course, you'd still take damage trying to block swords with your arms . . .

Eird-Way, I was thinking about that exact same thing a few weeks ago. You would have a block for every direction, but it could only block other unarmed fighters. I was also thinking that the attacker's armor should affect the damage, but that would be a bit weird since no matter what armor you wear, you never get gauntlets.

I want to add unarmed fighting but it's not high on the priority list so it won't be coming anytime soon. When implemented, it should work as you suggest.

Back
Top Bottom