Boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, in world of warcraft, there are fist weapons. one for each hand. i think boxing might be fun. For more powerful fist weapons would have serrated blades on the knuckle area. And to compensate for the lack of blocking, we can dual wield with them(since we obviously have 2 hands). So left button for left hand and right button for the right hand. duh. And it'll be nice to running gun a river pirate to the midriff, you know, under hook jabs left and right about 20 times in 3 secs?

What happened to the psuedo-realism? You can't hit that fast and it would probably be harder to punch with blades than to use a blade in your hand.

I'd say wrestling would be a lot more practical. Punching a guy with armor would just hurt your hand.

It would truly suck if this was implemented too strongly. Armoured knights being brought down by a bare knuckle punch would kill the whole arms and armor system.

quixotecoyote said:
It would truly suck if this was implemented too strongly. Armoured knights being brought down by a bare knuckle punch would kill the whole arms and armor system.

Yes, but the thing is that if you are an archer and your quiver gets empty, and your soldiers dead or knock down, well you still have the oportunity to defend yourself, and maybe knock out a knight and take his weapon.

In the arena, you have no excuse for running out of arrows
In the battlefield, you have no excuse for forgetting a secondary weapon.

Its not really neccesary. It'd be fun it is was a weak option for the people who like to fight with cleavers and hand scythes, but archers going around puching out knights would make the choices of equipment and aromor pointless. Or at least a lot less meaningful.

Yes, you are right, well partially, because guys like me, that likes bows and spend more that 100 arrows in two minutes, well we need, at least a kick option.

Theres also the thing that we must remember that if unarmed combat of any sorts is implemented it needs to be made in a way that theres actually need for it. In the games current stage there is combat with weapons, so who would want to go unarmed as long as weapons can be used. If unarmed combat would be worthwile we need to have weapon wear, weapons stolen or weapons dropped by mistake or anything that makes boxing/martial arts needed. It would be IMO stupid to implement it only for the coolness factor, it needs to be:

1.Much more ineffective than weapon fighting
2.But still reasons to be skilled in it.

I disagree. It would be very useful for mods and as part of stories.

Eg. if you're knocked unconscious instead of being left alone you are taken prisoner. You must convince/bribe the guard through conversation to give you a key before he goes off duty. You must fight your way out of the castle with only your hands (until you get something better).

Or. You are in debt to a minor merchant and at the tavern drinking on your own. The merchant sends a few of his henchmen to teach you a lesson, you don't have your weapons or armor with you.

Or. You and your small band of injured men get stopped by a huge Dark Knight horde. They want to kill you all and take your money. You taunt the gigantic Dark Knight leader (2m tall, Strength 25, Health 100) into proving his bravery. His pride is injured and he challenges you to a one-on-one to-the-death fight without any weapons. If you win he'll let you go.

well, for the realisms sake, i don't think it would be took good an idea to implement unarmed combat... well, in the medieval times, knights didn't went about hitting each other with their bare fist... they cleaved you with a good ol' sword... and if you didn't have a sword, they didn't stop to think .oO(oh, poor bastard i'll leave him be) they cleaved you on the spot.

and if *** you got cleaved... CLEAVED I SAY!

but then again, it WOULD be nice to be able to defend yourself somehow, maybe implementing somekind of "wrestling for weapons thingy" but that would probaly take up alot of time to make.?

Back
Top Bottom