Expansion of Tournaments

Users who are viewing this thread

mfberg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
1. 1-on-1 tournaments with a list of opponents, and a prize. (single elimination).

2. Expanded choice of battles in tournaments (1 on 1, or 2 on 2, or 3 on 3)

3. Choice of weapons (blunted sword, blunted lance, blunted arrows, etc)

4. Chance to loose your horse & armour or gain your opponents lance and armour as part of "do you want to make a bet?".

5. Once the other towns are fully set more tournament fields, quests to defeat certain heroes in a tournament, and announcements of major tournaments to the character.

mfberg

i like it.
it's not clear to me if the arena is there just as a training ground or for a bigger reason that's just not finished. (we will find out eventually)but regular tournaments (that should be difficuld!) looks like a good idea to me. perhaps. choosing weapons yes or no can change. as rules of tournaments can vary from city to city. this rewards players that want to hone all their skills

And Jousting, if side to side aiming is added. You can't have a middle-ages combat game and not have jousting.

I disagree with the whole 'choose your weapons or bring in your own' idea.

But i would like a bit more variety in the games. I think there could be several types:

Melee: everyone is on foot and has either sword+shield or 2h sword
Horses: everyone is on horses and has either lance or 2h sword.
Archery: everyone has a bow, some have horses, some don't.
free-for-all: the current mix and match system

And along with that, there could be a random amount of participants between 2 and 5 for each round.

what i dont get is that its melee combat but there they are, archers Confused
whats up with that

perhaps archers could have their own tournament in Robin Hood style. they would compete by shooting practice targets.

A "melee" was a free-for-all fighting tounament, popular in the early middle-ages. There could be up to 100 men on each team. Any weapons were allowed from lances and swords to bows and even crossbows. The aim was to batter your opponent and hold him to ransom, not to kill him, though many died accidently.
The church tried to ban tounaments from about 1150 to about 1200 but had to give in and licenced official tournament grounds instead.

this would be fun to put things on the line accept different bes and such could be even better for *looks for Moderators and whispers* multiplayer

Would love a greatly expanded tournament - I would make a character completely devoted to tournament life. Much like Dranton et al.

Imagine a crowd cheering, especially when people are close to or have been knocked unconscious;

Imagine being able to increase the odds against you (e.g. 1 vs 3) for higher money;

Imagine (as others have suggested) tournament seasons with scheduled matches (rather than just unlimited fights with no time passing, even though I like that too).

You could have fights for various calibres, e.g. champion fighters or novice fighters.

What I really want, is for the tournament fights to mean something, to feel like it is in some way having an effect on the world.

RJK.

like have champonship maches and once you are champ then drunkes in the bar start to want to be the one who ko the champ and start bar fights and the longer you are champ then the this will happen.

or make it so when you K.O Dranton or Xerina etc you can go make fun of them in the tavern and have bragging rights :razz:

I wish someone would make a tournament mod , dedicated purely to modifying the tournament(S) and having thing's like , if you get captured by a war party. They might go and sell you , then you are a slave and have to fight in the arena to win your freedom. And maybe even modifying it so you will DIE if you loose. Rather then the crappy system of - get knocked out 10 thousand time's and still don't have brain damage....

WipperSnipper said:
I wish someone would make a tournament mod , dedicated purely to modifying the tournament(S) and having thing's like , if you get captured by a war party. They might go and sell you , then you are a slave and have to fight in the arena to win your freedom. And maybe even modifying it so you will DIE if you loose. Rather then the crappy system of - get knocked out 10 thousand time's and still don't have brain damage....

Even better, would be capturing a dark knight and forcing him into the tournament :smile:

Make him and Borcha fight on your side in a series of 3 vs 3 melee. Either the dark knight tries to turn on you, or eventually he asks to join you.

RJK.

I'd like to see more to the tourneys. As you guys have said; full on mass mellees, traditional style jousting, choice of weapons, three way (and more) team battles, capture the flag etc. I'd also like to be fighting for different prizes, more than just gold; better armour, weapons, honour, for a cause (jousting in enemy lands), for the hand of the kinds daughter etc.

--

RJK's post made me think if there were a few arenas dotted about the place then they would make an excellent place to sell prisoners. Bring back some canon fodder river pirates and get 20 denars a peice, bring badk a dark night; get 200 denars. Value based on the entertainment value of the prisoner.

And yeah, the crowd cheering you on - chanting your name would be brilliant!

--

Makes me dream about a dedicated roman syle gladiator mod... all the different gladiator schools and types of fighter... Retiarii vs Mirmillones etc. Pure gladiator action; fighting for points, fighting to stay alive, fighting for the Rudis.

RJK said:
WipperSnipper said:

Even better, would be capturing a dark knight and forcing him into the tournament :smile:

Make him and Borcha fight on your side in a series of 3 vs 3 melee. Either the dark knight tries to turn on you, or eventually he asks to join you.

RJK.

it would be cool to have it kinda gladiator style you capture darknights and such and you could send them into the tournaments... you could be thier coach sorter or owner you could watch them fight have money put on them and they could fight in competitions if they win the competition then they can join your party

just having the options to change the arena battle (quanity and etc) wouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

Back
Top Bottom