United States Marshals Ultra-Realism Battle NA/EU

Users who are viewing this thread

USE4life

Sergeant at Arms
United States Marshals Ultra-Realism Battle

There is one-over-arching rule: Destroy the Enemy

The USM has always had a no-nonsense approach to line-battles. We've always speculated at the rules put into the place and thought of them completely un-realistic. Then we thought, why not share our approach with the community in effort to see whether our views are shared. This eventually led to the creation of he ultra-realism event. The USM has already apprecaited the hard work dedicated by people who organize line battles and while the rules often make the most weak of soldiers slap their foreheads in dismay. We here at the USM have decided to offer the alternative!  Realism line-battles designed to promote team work and community! We offer a experience designed to make you work for your kills and understand that a unit is stronger than just 1 man. Our approach is to fight this war in a manner it was fought with a realistic hardcore ideal. In other words we encourage combat and the ability to fight a war. Not fancy lines and bull**** crying about marching.

Rules!
Just stay with your unit and then anything else is allowed

THIS IS WAR

So if you've been persuaded by our nonsense and wish to participate here are our contact details;
USE/CSA4life [4thTexas], Steam
SASfury695, Steam

The  line-battles will be on Wednesdays 16:00EST/21:00GMT This will be on an American Server
The European version will be on Tuesdays 21:00GMT/16:00EST

Thanks and we hope to see you on the battlefield!

This event is held all day every day on many servers... it's called Battle mode. If I may be so bold as to quote the host of this event:

sas_Fury said:
These rules are beyond laughable...

But good luck, really.  :razz:

I hope you realize that lines were actually used in the civil war. Even when skirmishing, they were in a line.

2nd-mich.jpg

14_PennsylvaniaRegiment.jpg

122.jpg

line+of+battle.jpg

How would not using lines be ultra-realistic/hardcore? :razz:

Dordak_the_Lost said:
I hope you realize that lines were actually used in the civil war. Even when skirmishing, they were in a line.

2nd-mich.jpg

14_PennsylvaniaRegiment.jpg

122.jpg

line+of+battle.jpg

How would not using lines be ultra-realistic? :razz:
I believe sas_fury, the host of this event, would answer you thusly:

sas_Fury said:
its the civil war very few regiments during this period fought like the British.  most of the southern units fought as spaced out running soldiers.  behind trees, cover and not in a line. this is NW all over again its a civil war mod for the sake of Christ fight for your life with your regiment and don't turn it into a British line infantry battle
Although, I'd like to point out for the sake of realism that Civil War tactics were borrowed more from the French (Hardee's Tactics) than the British. But that point is moot considering this war was fought from behind rocks and trees apparently.

I could see a linebattle in N&S being less.. regulated than an NW one, given the nature of green volunteers compared to the troops later on in the war, but to take it so far as to completely eliminate rules would simply turn the game into a mob-battle, rather than anything resembling a battle from the War for Southern Independence.

Back
Top Bottom