North American Public Line Battle, 1/20. (REGIMENTS BY INVITATION ONLY!)

Which factions will do battle this week?

• United Kingdom

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Prussia

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Russia

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • France

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

5arge

Master Knight
Due to an increased number of regiments trying to attend each week, we will now only allow regiments to participate by invitation. This weekly event was created as a way for new and unregimented players to enjoy Mount and Musket in an organized setting and it will always be geared towards them, the new and public players. There are a number of regimental line battles going on various days and nights of the week, so veteran regiments should have little trouble finding a weekly event to take part in. Regiments that have been well organized, disciplined, and courteous at past line battles will be contacted privately and offered a number of slots to fill. If they cannot fill all of the slots, the extra spaces will be given to another regiment. Ultimately, the Friday line battle should be a place where large organized regiments set a good example for new untested regiments and public players.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR AN INVITATION! I WILL CONTACT THE LEADERS OF REGIMENTS WHO ARE INVITED!

When: Friday, January 20th. Teams will be organized starting at 9:00pm EST

Where: MM_US_Linebattle_MG

TeamSpeak is REQUIRED for all public participants! TeamSpeak info can be found here:
ts3.1stepi.com
Public players should find the Public Regiment channel, where they will receive basic instructions and the server password.

MilitaryGamers.com will be hosting a line battle on Friday. The battle will be open to all public players and MM regiments by invitation only. Please join TeamSpeak ahead of the start in order to give new players a brief period to practice line drills and become familiar with organized musket tactics. The server will be passworded, and only public players in TeamSpeak will receive the password once the event has begun. Regiment leaders will receive the password via Steam. Each side will be comprised mostly of line infantry, with the exception of one skirmisher, cavalry, and cannon unit per faction. Regiments will be expected to fight in lines of 8-20 players each, adhering to commonly accepted line battle doctrine. The battle will be fought between the two factions with the most votes in the poll and the teams and factions will remain the same for the entire battle. We will be playing best of three rounds on three different large maps.

If your regiment is invited, and you would like to apply for a special position (cannons, cavalry, or skirmishers), send me a PM in the following format:
In the subject, place "[Role] Application" ( For example, Skirmisher Application)

Regiment:
Role Desired:
Number of members:
Previous Experiences:
Keep in mind you can only apply for ONE (1) of these positions!

FNLB_9.jpg

Nice change and probably for the better, especially with the change in available server slots. I believe the new player limit is a good balance for the server and is much more stable and in turn more enjoyable! Last week's battle was the most fun one we've had in a long time, at least from a 19te perspective.

Looking forward to see how things develop!

It's refreshing to be involved in a game that is growing and expanding in popularity as opposed to a declining game and dwindling population.

Have fun gentlemen!  We'll be peering onto your battlefield with a Quad-Dimensional Portable Air-Ripper as we do battle against the forces of neutrality in an Evil Twin Time-Space Continuum Reality Plane. 

It's complicated.

HAH! In before Thomas.

As for this, I feel that it would be quite nice to have a specific invitation. What I noticed with Tuesday LB's is that there is no worrying about getting into the server because there will always be enough room for us. That way in case those who are attending may disconnect or have issues with the game (or possibly accidently Alt + X, as a certain General tends to do) can easily return back to the game rather than having to wait for possibly until the LB is over to actually get back into the game.

As for those who are not invited, it is saddening, but there seems to be plenty of LBs throughout the week which would bring plenty of opportunities for all regiments to attend to at least one event. SO, that being said, We shall be there! Vive la France!

P.S. Munro: 3 - Thomas: 0

Hoping for an invite, but not expecting one. There's always Tuesday, which is invite only also right?

One day we will have a 1000 person server. Blame Comcast if we don't, and oppose SOPA/PIPA!  :cool:

They Call Me Smithy said:
Munro said:
(or possibly accidently Alt + X, as a certain General tends to do)

-_-

It might have been anonymous, until you said something.

And Munro, I could have posted here hours ago, but I didn't know we had been invited so I didn't want to make the assumption that we were.

TheBoberton said:
They Call Me Smithy said:
Munro said:
(or possibly accidently Alt + X, as a certain General tends to do)

-_-

It might have been anonymous, until you said something.

And Munro, I could have posted here hours ago, but I didn't know we had been invited so I didn't want to make the assumption that we were.

Still winning Thomas, still winning.

The staff of the Tuesday LB (Heinrich and I) are working closely with Sarge on this topic. What the current plan is (still requires planning on our part) is to have many of the regs that cant make Friday be able to attend the Tuesday lb so that most regs can attend at least 1 event a week while keeping a under control population in both events :grin:

I remember when the whole NA community would gather for this LB every friday.....all 100-150 of us :lol:

It's wonderful that the community has grown so much. It's also wonderful we have many generous and hardworking supporters who are willing to host all these events so everyone can enjoy the game.

Onwards and upwards boys!

Kawee said:
I remember when the whole NA community would gather for this LB every friday.....all 100-150 of us :lol:

It's wonderful that the community has grown so much. It's also wonderful we have many generous and hardworking supporters who are willing to host all these events so everyone can enjoy the game.

Onwards and upwards boys!
You also get a few Aussies :oops:

So is there any NA public line battles anymore?

I mean I always thought the purpose of the friday line battles was to essentially give everyone a chance to go to line battles and not just those in praticular regiments.

It's like saying "You're not good enough you can't be in our community."

Mago said:

I mean I always thought the purpose of the friday line battles was to essentially give everyone a chance to go to line battles and not just those in praticular regiments.

Did you miss the part about public players being the priority? This change has been made to keep regiments from flooding the server and blocking out public players. Pubs will always be welcome at the Friday line battle. Please read the OP before freaking out.

5arge said:
Mago said:

Did you miss the part about public players being the priority? This change has been made to keep regiments from flooding the server and blocking out public players. Pubs will always be welcome at the Friday line battle. Please read the OP before freaking out.

I'm not talking about pubs I'm talking about regiments.

Mago said:
5arge said:
Mago said:

Where you been?

And also 5argeI think a good way to hand out the pass would be to do it like its done in the Saturday lb where everybody gets into a teamspeak channel and egts it at the same time. and it also fun to say hi to all the other reg leaders.

Commander Millander said:
Mago said:
5arge said:
Mago said:

Where you been?

Millander, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom