SP Other You vs All, Armor vs Outfit, Belts, Holsters, Animations

Users who are viewing this thread

thundor

Recruit
I played so many mods but i couldn't see any improvement on gameplay. Instead of all contributing on one mod, each is contributing to many other mods. This makes progress extremely slow. If we work together we can create one mindblowing mod. Please contribute with whatever you can.
I tried to make the following modifications by myself then post them, but it's too hard for me, so reluctantly, i am asking for your help.
This is a list with some of the modifications i am trying to make:
        + modify armors,boots,gloves so they no longer replace parts of the body, in order to do the following:
        + Naked body parts bind graphically better and are placed in the same position as non-naked body parts (ex. position of legs from naked body = position of legs from body covered with armor)
        + Outfits cover cover the naked body, and Armors,gauntlets,boots cover the Outfits in the manner presented in the picture below:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/3ZQ0e72W/mb1.html
        + When equipping bullets, you automatically put a set of belts for the powder as in the picture below:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/1rzOR2JQ/mb2.html
        + After each battle, if you fire guns, your black powder should run out, and it's reloaded only if you have in the inventory a barrel of powder (which is exhaustable according to the number of gunners in your party).
      + when equipping bullets of different qualities it should look like this:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/RHXJUSsl/mb3.html
      + The parry animation should be improved to be realistic
      + When buying a weapon or armors, the merchant should ask you whether you wish to test it, and if you accept you will enter a training arena where your armor/weapon will be tested
      + Belt with grenades, similar to:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/0b0Cv9av/mb4.html
      + The way arrows are depleated from the quiver during battle until you see the quiver empty, the same way should be with the belt of powder and grenades
      + Face meshes for men and women that are more realistic and have a longer neck
      + Realistic Hair/Beard/Jewlery and maybe Tatoo
      + Grenades have cover more ground on explosion
      + Melee items can be thrown
      + Pistols have Holsters
      + Gloves and Boots do damage when used in w/o weapons combat
      + Maybe a quest that involves the undead
      + Beginning tutorial should be entertaining as well as instructive (for example, imagine it will be like this: you have an archery contest and after they all shoot, you see a man with an arrow in the butt running screaming in front of you).
      + Items  that give bonuses (+10 party size, +5 morale.... etc)
      + Every vilage/castle/town has a hidden stash with money, items, hand-crafted items, accesible only after talking to a special villager (A hint of what you could find in the stash can be seen in the Vilage Rumors). If you don't know where that is:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/I0BHqhYZ/mb5.html
      + Some activity in the tavern, something like in the mod Wedding Dance
      + Backstory of the player to affect the default skills and attributes settings and also the first quest/mission/tutorial
      + Gloves/outfit/armor/boots/helmets that are for women cannot be worn by men and vice-versa
      + The reload animation for carabines and muskets is faulty, if you don't wait until the reload is complete, the weapon is rendered at 90 degrees, but u can fix this if you go melee mode or third person and then back again
      + Add the attributes "height","weight", and maybe make the game begin with a child character that becomes an adult over time, with appropriate items and quests.

Well I guess some of these things should be doable, for instance the parry animation or stronger grenades. There is a tutorial on animations on the Combat Animation Enhancement thread. The backstory influencing the players character actually is implemented in Warband. Question is, is it in the game code or the module code?

For most of this I personally have no idea where to start, but others might. Some stuff, however, like changing armor so it doesn't replace bodyparts or character aging probably isn't possible at all because it would most definately require the actual game code to be modified. And we can't do that because they never published it, as far as I know.

I really do hope that some experienced modders pick up on that...

As the WFaS area is graduating to things like child boards, I at least am going to start being a bit more 'anal retentive'/strict on things being where they should be. Mod design/recruitment/ideas, etc, belong in the Pioneer's Guild...so *whoosh*

my intention is not to create a mod, it's about collecting separate modifications of different subjects into a single thread, so modders can use. it is NOT a mod, NOT an idea, NOT a recruitment ad! I am working on a thing at a time, then try to post it so others can use that modification only and i expect the same thing from the others. In other words, i believe this topic does not belong in this board. but i believe i should have made myself clearer in my first message...

anyway back to replying to Gesia
i got the idea of aging from 1755 old frontier mod=> they created pets (not very well executed but sufficient, and also a great idea). i was thinking, if they created a small horse-like animation, i could do it with one human-like.

i got the armor covering bodyparts idea from the gloves with forearm protectors. As meshes the forearm protectors are marked as namex, with x to mark it as such. And i was thinking, if the protector covers the forearm, maybe the armor can cover an outfit.

first i am working on creating body meshes with textures, in order to later use them to create outfits, armors...etc that are tight to the body.
then create realistic animations with which i can rig the meshes.
it's hard work, but i have some ideas

Sounds pretty interesting to me. I really wish I had more time right now to look into this (and further expand the mod pack eventually), but my job is really keeping me busy these days...

thundor said:
my intention is not to create a mod, it's about collecting separate modifications of different subjects into a single thread, so modders can use. it is NOT a mod, NOT an idea, NOT a recruitment ad! I am working on a thing at a time, then try to post it so others can use that modification only and i expect the same thing from the others. In other words, i believe this topic does not belong in this board. but i believe i should have made myself clearer in my first message...
Modding ressources are posted in the forge and if useful are moved to the according subboard (of the forge).

As threads like this already exist i would suggest only posting ressources (in the forge) and not making another "share you ressources here" thread.

True, seems that way, i would argue, but i can't seem to make you acknowledge the difference between what i propose and what you think of it. I respect your opinion. I just want to make a contribution in a more organized way. If you do not welcome it, it's ok all the same, and as always i will try to make the most of what i'm given. Thank you for the time you put in debating this matter and i hope i did not embarrass myself too much or pissed you off in which case i am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom