Steam 5x5 Keys solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Same problem here ... The converter doesn't seem to work ... When I paste my 5x5 and click "convert" nothing happens  :mad: 

No loading, no error message, nothing ...

Stildawn, Interceptor_II, check now the link in the 1st post and try to change your code; it worked for me now.

See you people

I want something completely different... a Steam key from my Mount & Blade: Warband retail 4x4 key..? is this possible :?: :razz:

Knut said:
I want something completely different... a Steam key from my Mount & Blade: Warband retail 4x4 key..? is this possible :?: :razz:
No. I believe that's answered somewhere in the thread, too.
You can, in Steam, add this as a non-Steam game and then have access to the chat interface, etc, but there's no way to get hooked into the Steam Achievements without purchasing it through Steam.

So just to make sure I understand - If I buy from Taleworlds and add to steam as a non-steam game the only thing I lose is the achievements?

MBlueD said:
So just to make sure I understand - If I buy from Taleworlds and add to steam as a non-steam game the only thing I lose is the achievements?
Not sure if this answers your question but I bought the boxed game with a printed manual (quite cheap on Ebay), then created a steam account on a scrap PC, then used steam to convert the key on the printed box to a key that works with the TW downloaded demo, and then reformatted the PC to get rid of steam.

Since then I've played the non-steam game. I have never seen the acheivements you mention so I think this is the only thing you would lose. Since they don't affect actually playing the game, giving up acheivements in order to avoid steam was well worth it for me.

Maybe somebody can help me out.
I've just received a retail copy of Warband from Amazon and it came with the 5x5 key printed on the sleeve. Reading some of the earlier posts, I went to the 'conversion' page and entered the 5x5 key and it says my IP is banned. From what I can tell, this is a new, unopened copy of Warband.
Any ideas?

Der Nibelung said:
Maybe somebody can help me out.
I've just received a retail copy of Warband from Amazon and it came with the 5x5 key printed on the sleeve. Reading some of the earlier posts, I went to the 'conversion' page and entered the 5x5 key and it says my IP is banned. From what I can tell, this is a new, unopened copy of Warband.
Any ideas?
When I bought a boxed copy of Warband, I needed to install Steam from the CD then enter the 5x5 key into Steam - this gave me a 4x4 key so I could then avoid using steam. The converter on the TW site is not designed to handle the 5x5 key on the manual in the boxed copy.

@greenbandit

That wasn't too hard. I installed the 'Steam' launcher and made an account. Downloaded the demo version of Warband and then found the section for 'CD Keys'. I entered the 5x5 code and it gave me the 4x4 code I needed. But then I cancelled the Steam installation of full Warband and used it on my retail version... tricksy little Hobbits' you are.

Der Nibelung said:
@greenbandit

That wasn't too hard. I installed the 'Steam' launcher and made an account. Downloaded the demo version of Warband and then found the section for 'CD Keys'. I entered the 5x5 code and it gave me the 4x4 code I needed. But then I cancelled the Steam installation of full Warband and used it on my retail version... tricksy little Hobbits' you are.
@ Der Nibelung
Always a pleasure helping like minded people  :smile:

"If you want to convert your 5x5 Steam key to 4x4 Taleworlds key, then you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key"."  Please elaborate.  I haven't found a place in the game itself or the launcher where I can right click.  Is that what you meant, or is there a place on the Taleworlds site where I need to go?  I just purchased Warband on CD through Amazon.com and received a 5x5 key.  I do not use Steam.  What do I need to do?

Caba`drin said:
You need to first install your retail version as is...which is via Steam.
To clarify what I did....
Once the correct code is entered into Steam, the download and installation of the game starts, but there is no need to finish the download or let the game fully install - just get the CD key from the Steam interface. At this point Steam is no longer needed as the CD key will work with the demo as D/L from the TW site.

I heard that converting steam keys change your unique ID and cause you to lose your characters on the crpg mod.

Is this true?
and can it be fixed?

Hey Folks,

im new here because i tried to convert my 5x5 Steam Activation (printed on my MBW Manual) into a beautiful 4x4 Taleworld Serial. Unfortunatly the Converter: http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx does not convert anything. If i push the convert button, the site will be refreshed and the 5x5 remains unchanged.

All of this conversion is done because i lost  my  steam pwd and secret question. So Im not able to retrieve the 4x4 Serial via steam.

I hope sombody will read this, and could give me a hint on that awful issue. I love  MB and wanna love MBW even more.  :wink:

Regards the Blech

Hey Folks,

after a week of explaining, my serial issue was solved by Daegoth. He is seems to be the author of the converter http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx . The converter is indeed currently out of order. But they will fix it. So far you have to contact Daegoth via PM to get a solution. Thanks to him, im playing alot MBW now.  :grin:

Greets the Blech

Back
Top Bottom