Warband post-release beta test (new version on June 9)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone,

We are working on a new patch for Warband and we are looking for some volunteers to beta test it for a while before we make it official. In particular, we want to have your feedback on these points:

- Is there any problem seeing the server list and joining in the beta servers?
- Does your ping show up correctly on the join page and the in-game players menu?
- Do spawn points function correctly?
- Does the new castle map work correctly?
- Are there any critical problems in the single player or the multiplayer?

If you would like to help us with this and test it out you can download it form the links below.

Thank you all for your help,

Edit: Many thanks for all the feedback and bug reports for this. They were very useful. We have yet another new version and it would be great if interested players gave it a try and reported on any problems.

Full installer link:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1122.exe (upload in progress. Will be available shortly)

Upgrade patch:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_upgrade_1100_to_1122.exe (available now)

1000 pings on all servers in my list, and before you say anything about rgl_config, this is a new issue with the patch, i've never had to lower my displayed server amount

also i have alot fewer servers on the list, this is affecting all my modules since the patch, so gonna try uninstalling and installing via the full installer

even with a fresh install from the full client, 1000 ping across the board, and a reduced server list, even tried lowering max connections, still the same

I don't have the 1000 ping thing, but I've heard of 3 people also having it.

Few bugs from the new castle map

>
mb119.jpg

Stairs going into the gatehouse, there is a hole between the stairs and the wall that you can get stuck in. It's very buggy once you are in and very hard to get out.

>
mb121.jpg

Stairs going up to, on the right side wall of the castle (as a defender) You can't get over that stair without jumping.

Spawns seem to work fine in siege and TDM. The new castle map looks good, all the mechanics (door/gate etc) work fine.

I played in a US server for a while with 2 other players, my ping was 110 which usually means LOADS of lag, but for some reason, it was actually fine. Improvements in latency? Might be just me imagining things, but if so, then really a good job indeed. :smile:

By the way, I think this thread isn't getting much attention at all (there weren't any players on but 2 guys afaik) because its stickied. People don't often check for new stickies, it tends to get lost that way (I know it sounds odd but it's true) :razz:

Not sure whether this is an error at all, but here there's that weird thingy on the ground close to the siege tower
mb6w.jpg

Also, I don't think there's enough ladders to climb the walls. I'd say put at least two more.

I think setting this in the News section would get a lot more people to come in here and try it out, bug testing problems much quicker.

Oh yeah, one point about the ingame player list...can't be arsed to look for other topics if such exist, but apparently there is a way to hide yourself from the list somehow, so you won't show up on it. I've noticed some players managing to do that at times, but I have no real clue as to how it is done, so I can't even say if it is just a random thing or something that you can purposefully pull off.

If you can hide yourself from the playerlist I would say it is a big bug,
I always check out the scoreboard to catch the teamkillers and bannish them.
If they don't show up then that would really suck.

I really like the patch so far you guys did a nice job with some textures!  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom