Zoe Quinn Scandal aka. Killing Gaming Journalism 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh:
N2Jck.gif

I finally understand. This new brand of social justice is essentially a rebranded form of classic racism. No wonder I stop hearing **** about racism lately. They've turned SJW.

/pol/ has your classical racist who blames other races for their shortcomings, SJWs deny people of other races agency of their own representation and just blame all their (non-whites) issues on the non-issue that is white privilege. Two different side of the same coin really. I understand that because unlike a lot of people in this, I'm as far from white as I can be. This is also how I get my 'be racist as possible for free' card without being called out on it by white people.

I'm literally the only person I know in Australia who uses the term Asianland. The whities gets puzzled on whether to call me out for being a racist then they back off.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
I'm almost certain places like /pol/ do it for teh lulz.

Like every subforum/board/reddit that is meant to be "satirical", it got overpopulated by idiots who take it completely seriously. There's a million sad examples of those.

Another interesting point, based on what I've seen on twitter, I reckon if I cover up all the tri-coloured hair, thick frame glasses wearing hipster avatars and show the SJW 'comebacks' or 'replies' to strangers here (IRL I mean), they might think the rednecks discovered how to use twitter or something. :lol:

First reactionist site to pop up, my wish for all these might just come true.

I remember seeing a group of pretty prominent SJWs (ex twitter comedians) leak a guy's facebook and generally call him a piece of garbage because he defended the right for comedians to use blue comedy (context here: rape jokes). Stuff like this isn't abnormal over there where it's really easy for insane viewpoints to be echoed forever. I appreciate the purpose of things like @everydaysexism, but when that's all you ever see, coupled with a useless degree in 1960s gender studies, you get ridiculous mental acrobatics like the time some (white) guy called me a race traitor for not unconditionally hating white people.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
/pol/ has your classical racist who blames other races for their shortcomings, SJWs deny people of other races agency of their own representation and just blame all their (non-whites) issues on the non-issue that is white privilege. Two different side of the same coin really. I understand that because unlike a lot of people in this, I'm as far from white as I can be. This is also how I get my 'be racist as possible for free' card without being called out on it by white people.

I'm literally the only person I know in Australia who uses the term Asianland. The whities gets puzzled on whether to call me out for being a racist then they back off.

Not to get us onto a tangent, but these issues are far broader than merely gaming journalism.

May blames 'institutionalised political correctness' for Rotherham scandal

Equality, justice, rationality, objectivity, due process, all concepts which are mutually exclusive with political correctness. Here we see some of the emergent, negative social outcomes. Expect more over the years.

jacobhinds said:
Anthropoid said:

You'd also get other people saying the UK police force is institutionally racist, sexist, and a whole load of things that can quite easily be explained by admitting that the police in britain are just all-round indiscriminately incompetent.

Well all of those things are mutually exclusive with the good **** too.

Didn't realize the UK was quite so barbaric and dysfunctional. Glad we revolted, I guess.

Anthropoid said:
jacobhinds said:
Anthropoid said:

You'd also get other people saying the UK police force is institutionally racist, sexist, and a whole load of things that can quite easily be explained by admitting that the police in britain are just all-round indiscriminately incompetent.

Well all of those things are mutually exclusive with the good **** too.

Didn't realize the UK was quite so barbaric and dysfunctional. Glad we revolted, I guess.
What did you expect from a country where riot police are expected to deal with rioters (not protesters) 'peacefully' and every instance of them resorting to the final option (tears and pain) are reported as police brutality and oppression of minorities?

Note that I come from a country where you'll get watercannoned and CS/tear gassed for opening your mouth or even gathering for a protest (Current government logic works by going "If we show the world we're watercannoning the protesters, the rest of the world will think they're rioters up to no good"). Which by some funny coincidence makes me by default more legit than current left leaning media in commenting on the legitimacy of anti riot tactics based on the ongoing oppression-olympics. :lol:

There's also the assholish practice of police baiting which works very well over here. Upper middle class psuedo-anarchist students (my university is absolutely full of them) think they're edgy revolutionaries fighting thuh sistum by basically attacking the police, then overreact like footballers when they get touched, and post images and videos of it everywhere. They form mobs where practically everyone has cameras and they're all screaming like idiots, spraying stuff and baiting the fat 50 y/o policemen into a response, practically right outside their own university.

The worst and most annoying part is that they're reacting to police discrimination that mostly happened in the 1980s. Nowadays they're just more likely to search black people in south london they deem suspicious (but those are actual gangs quite often, so meh). The police force may be incompetent but this isn't america; they have miles of paperwork ahead of them if they take firearms anywhere. Trying to prove them as violent oppressors of the state or whatever other anarcho-bullcrap that can be asspulled is pointless. And since I live in a fairly rough area I've got nothing against the boys in fluorescent jackets.

Only posh rebellious teenagers from tiny villages and mafia bosses ever say "F**k the poh-leece".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom