Your Custom Knighthood Order(s)! (Possible Spoilers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jan83 said:
mb13o.jpg

mb12wq.jpg

mb15z.jpg

mb9r.jpg

The Knights are on foot and the followers are on horseback. What a twist!

Well, thanks to being sick all week I've basically been playing PoP nonstop and have finally gotten my CKHO to the point where they are extremely useful. Haven't seen Leth in about 5 or 6 months though, he's been nonstop training!

Here is the Army of the Meletine Empire!

Imperial Meletine Cataphracts:

mbwarband20130414090248.png

Imperial Meletine Guards:

mbwarband20130414090525.png

One question though, I was wondering why I can't equip my cataphracts with the Jatu Steppe Charger (I think it looks much cooler than the Meletine half-cataphract they have now.) I wasn't sure if there was a specific Jatu warlord I need to defeat and talk to to get these horses, or if they just weren't in the pool of available items for some reason. (And yes, my Cataphracts have a high enough riding skill.)

Here is my character:

mbwarband20130414090633.png

This is what my cataphracts will eventually look like, just need to upgrade the helmet and am in the process of upgrading their swords to runed bastard swords and of course the horse (if possible) to a Jatu Steppe Charger.

As for the debate about using the editor and cheating and what not, I don't see the problem with it. Personally I try to cheat as little as possible, (maybe the occasional "loan" in times of crisis), but if people want to cheat they're really only ruining the game for themselves. I used to cheat a lot more, but it got to the point where I would get bored of a game after 50 days because I would already have an uber army, a few castles and a town, and more money than I knew what to do with. The only person the game gets ruined for when someone cheats is the cheater. Just my two cents though, not trying to criticize anyone or anything like that.

AS far as I am aware the only items that can be used by the CMKHOs are flagged as Merchandise, even items you unlock (Maltise Asp Armor for example and Noldor items). If an item isn't flagged as Merchandise then it is likely you won't be able to use it (think Demon Charger, Havathang, Duskfall etc).

I just used Morgh's to check and the Jatu Steepe Charger is not flagged as merchandise, you probably won't be able to use them for you CMKHO. Editing it to be merchandise won't make it appear either, I tried with the Demon Charger just for fun to see if it would appear in the menus and it did not.

I've just started 3.6.  I'm not sure what order I should do.  The name will be easy enough, but I was thinking a unit similar to KotEG as the sergeant unit, just to provide that edge in siege combat and a heavy mounted unit.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried a foot troop only order with sergeants packing crossbows and plate armor with the knight troop similar to a Silvermist?  I honestly believe that would make you ungodly in a siege.

Iron Guard, Steel Legion, black guard or something would fit well for a KoteG wannabe order perhaps. :smile:

I haven't decided on my own yet, so many different themes to go with.

Knight of the Stars, Templars of Astrea, Sentinels of <kingdom>, order of the eternal, sacred band, knights of the chalice, berserker lodge, order of the watch bla bla. So many concepts and so many cool ideas. <shakes head>

Personally I think it takes to long to upgrade stuff. Im with the team in having some fun for end game, something not easily achieved, but I guess we differ on where the line goes. I like to actually be able to play with my upgraded knight order before im done with the game. Id say a 25-50% cut in the time it takes would be appropriate. But hey, its just my opinion and how I play my game, not some universal truth im trying to force down other peoples throat. I assume it would be easy enough to change if one found the appropriate code and changed the necessary digits. Im assuming its some multiplication of the items value or something.

Anyway very cool concept which gives great freedom and possibilities.

The problem is people wants uber elite knights with all the best gear and they expect to have it immediately. Which is stupid. If you build your order to the same level of gear quality as existing knights, you should have it up by about day 500 or 600 at the latest. 60-70 days for armour, 30 days for helm and gaunts (the 56 helm/ 6 guants are actually really cheap), 20-30 days for greaves, 100 days for weapons and another 40-50 for horse. With additional 20-30 days grace for other crap. This adds up to about 200-250 days. So when you start working on it at day 300 (pretty late), you'll finish by day 600. If you are like me and start really early, you should finish by day 300 tops. THEN you spend 100 days or so upgrading them to have the best armour/weapons etc. So that by day 800-900 (end game) you will have an end game unit with all the trimmings.

Just got situated in my new game and finally created a new order legitly (since there was uproar about me want screenies :razz:) They aren't done yet, not by a long shot. They need alot of training and upgrading.

Order of the Rising Hawk (Or Order of the Hawkeyes)

Knight = Hawk's Talon

1h Weapon (Runed Bastard is the target here)
Order Of The Griffon Kite (once I get around to it :razz:)
Hunting Bow (Once PD hits 6 that's a Noldor Bow)
Noldor Arrows

Noldor Dark Warhorse (once riding is high enough)
Gold Plated Great Helm
Dragon Knight Plate
Ornate Plate Boots
Polished Steel Greaves

Sergeant = Hawk's Eye

1h Weapon, most likely a Morningstar or Doom Mace)
Heavy Board Shield
Hunting Bow (Again, the Noldor Bow is the target here, but I will settle for a Long Composite)
Noldor Arrows

Barbutte
Coat of Plates - Blue
Ornate Plate Boots
Polished Steel Gauntlets

The point of this order was to create an archer's first order that can survive/thrive in melee/siege combat. The Runed Bastard Sword has good reach making it a great siege weapon and having a mace on the sergeants allows for taking alot of prisoners and blunting through heavy armor in sieges. Granted to object is to make sure the enemies never even reach them in the first place  :twisted:

I haven't worked out this order's backstory yet, just that they favor the Noldor and Silvermist Rangers (and consequently dislike the Knights of The Ebony Gauntlet). Beyond that I am still working out the story of the order. Sure I can just give them the best armor and weapons but I want to RP them correctly :razz:

CrymsonChaos said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried a foot troop only order with sergeants packing crossbows and plate armor with the knight troop similar to a Silvermist?  I honestly believe that would make you ungodly in a siege.

Exactly what I have. Silvermist with a halberd, KotEG with a hand axe.

CrymsonChaos said:
I've just started 3.6.  I'm not sure what order I should do.  The name will be easy enough, but I was thinking a unit similar to KotEG as the sergeant unit, just to provide that edge in siege combat and a heavy mounted unit.

My sergeants are exactly this, using crossbows, shield, axe (soon to be runed bastard sword) and full plate:

mb14.jpg

A long multi part question... Your basic knights have some armor, they are not naked, I saw that, but do they have a certain basic default melee weapon too ? If so, can that be changed so that they have no melee weapon at all ? I want to loadout with bow and 3 arrow bags, or 4 throwing weapons, is such a thing possible ?

ms_ts_2007 said:
A long multi part question... Your basic knights have some armor, they are not naked, I saw that, but do they have a certain basic default melee weapon too ? If so, can that be changed so that they have no melee weapon at all ? I want to loadout with bow and 3 arrow bags, or 4 throwing weapons, is such a thing possible ?

You can do that by giving them that yourself.

They are a newborn in a big world. They don't know who/what is going to shape them and thus these nobles have normal swords to accompany them until you decide to change them. So basically, no, until you give them the weapons you want on them.

My guess is he is not mounted, in first person, and zoomed in but that does seem even more focused then that :p Excellent screenie

bishopbutters said:
My guess is he is not mounted, in first person, and zoomed in but that does seem even more focused then that :p Excellent screenie

Nope, Free-flying camera. I purposefully get myself killed at times simply because the free flying camera allows me to take a broader range of screenshots.

Your screenshots are amazing! I would love to know how to use the focus like that.

Basic Training and the Occult :grin:

Arcanum said:
Cheator said:
6133054h.jpg
  :mrgreen:

It must really suck fighting Ravenstern and the Empire for you.

Please upload a screenshot of your Knights peppered by Arrows ;D

Nice loadout though, I love the Jarl helmet, use it on my Character when he's not wearing his crown.

Back
Top Bottom