WWII:China Battlefield - 2nd Version and new musics download available!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
91255531pn2.jpg

--------------------15.08.09----------------------
WW2: China Battlefield 2nd Version.

Major changes:

5 Whole new systems:

1, Public Order System
Every center(town, castle and village) has this new property: Public Order. It is the reflection of how much the government and the local situation satisfy the residents.
The higher the public order is, the more efficiency the governer's order will be executed. The lower it is, the easier the management(such as automatically recruiting and manufacturing) failed.
Many things can influence the public order, player can also build some buildings or take some measures to improve it.

2, New Building System
School -- college, camp -- barrack, stall -- stable -- manege, workshop -- armory -- arsenal -- ordnance factory, radio post... not only these new buildings, they also have their own funtions that you can't abandon. They should all work together if you want a great modern army(modern I mean middle period of 20th :wink:).

3, New Weaponry System
Manufacture yourself the swords, guns, grenades and ammos you need(if you have at least a workshop and enough craftsmen)!

4, Arming Soldier System
For a long time we consider the old MnB soldier upgrading system too flawed: why the hell can a farmer become a knight if he simply managed to kill enough enemy? Don't he need 20000 denars to buy the horse and armor, or should I provide him?
Now the soldiers don't have this privilege any more! Maybe they will pickup some pistols in the battlefield, but if you don't give them rilfes or MGs or first aid kits, they never have any chance to be riflemen or machinegunmen or medic. You are the commander to decide who can be this or that.
Remember the the weapons you had your men made in the workshop and the horses your grooms give you, now? Equip your soldiers with them! Don't want to collect the crappy trophies before? Now you can simply throw them to the foreman of workshop or your baggage, let your soldiers pick them up when they were recruited or armed.

5, Special Soldiers Ability System
This is the easiest one to understand. Medics can heal the troops, both in the battle and in the world map; generals can improve your tactices; officers can train your soldiers, they can also do many things if you assign them to garrison in your centers; local guides can increase your marching speed; with radioman, you are able to contact with your centers which have commanding officer and radio post from any distance ... ...

These are the new systems. They have been done more than 80%, now I need you to help me finish them by playing this mod and report me all the bugs or things you don't like, even things you can't understand.
Come on guys, dowload it and enjoy the game!(hopefully with the new musics, ha)

Relative smaller changes

1) There are 8 main factions now.
The 3 new ones are: National Party Center Army (NPCA), New 4th Army (N4A) and Puppet Manchuria Regime.

2) No weapon merchant any more.
None of the governments in china at that period want civilians to buy any weapons too easily, you have to deal with their baggage officer if you want to buy one, except you own the town.

3) The proportion of parties’ arms of services has been regulated.
No more overpowered amount of MGs or Coehorns. The centers’ garrison is also limited.

4) New arithmetic for recruit from centers.
The kind of volunteers is no longer same with the faction the center belongs. The volunteers will fit in with your faction form.
The volunteer amount is related with the last day you recruited there, the public order and the prosperity. Losing resident will also cause reduction of prosperity. Player can also recruit from towns now.

5) Player can find First Aid Kits from baggage officer’s items.
With them you can heal yourself in the battlefield.

6) Fixed some weapons:
All automatic weapons allow only burst fire, now.
Coehorns are not allowed refilled with crossbows bolts.
Remade most firing sounds.

7) LMGs were weakened a little but SMGs were enhanced.
Scripts of burst fire of guns and area damage of muskets (actual shotguns) were improved.
Now they hit the nearer targets more and farther targets fewer. The farther the bullets go the wide they spread. There won’t be the circs like 4 bullets burst hits 8 people.

:cool: When player is wearing the same uniform the town's faction used, the successful sneaking chance is bigger. If you wearing their enemy’s helmet or uniform, you will be disclosed easily.

9) Added some new commands for the battlefield:
Press Z to command your soldiers kill the enemy MGs and Coehorns first.
Press X to let your men finish enemy officers first.
Press M to call your medics follow you.
Press the same key again to cancel that command. Z and X command would make your soldier walk toward the targets, so you better don’t use these before the two sides fight hand-in-hand.

10) Player’s relationship with every center will reduce every day.
Because you are a warlord and people always don’t like warlord. But the relationship has different floor levels correspond with different factions.

11) Some of the parties‘names have been changed to their army or division’s designation.

12) Added some measures to improve your party morale.
Different factions have different way. You can’t use one measure too much in a short time period.

13) There are also some ways to improve the relationship between you and centers.

14) Reduced communist parties’ wage to 80% of common level.
Player will also be effected if he joined 8RA, N4A or NEAJA.

15) Press X when you are in world map to call the camp menu directly.
You can also press X, P etc. in some situations which you are normally not allowed to do so, for example siege menu and siege waiting.

16) Player is able to assign garrison in his village.

17) Reduced all building time to 1/3 of original time.
The money you spend on buildings would directly increase the prosperity of that center.

1:cool: You can turn prisoners (not heroes) into laborers in any center.
The prosperity and relationship will improved immediately. All AI’s centers will also do the same thing timely.

19) You can reorganize your bandit soldiers into your faction regular soldier, so they can be upgraded and rearmed.

20) Redid the NEAJA’s troop’s uniforms.(70% done)

21) 17 new beautiful chinese style music.

22) Persuasion skill slows down the negative influence of recruiting prisoners to party morale according to its level.

23) something else I can't remember. :mrgreen:

WWII:China Battlefield - 2nd Version download address:
http://www.2shared.com/file/7190107/b7a54fe9/WW2_China_Battlefield_2nd_Version.html

I just couldn't success with filefront and mbrepository, donno why...
But I saw taleworlds used 2shared, so I used it, too.
It's would be a little hard to find the download link from the 2shared website, roll screen to bottom, you can see this: Save file to your PC: click here

BTW, happy VJ day!

------------------------14.08.09----------------------------
The next release is coming, but I'm still working on debugging for this version, can't have it be released with too much hidden bugs.

Now I give you the music pack first!
http://www.2shared.com/file/7181728/947d029d/WW2_China_Battlefield_Music_Pack.html

text from its read me file:
Hallo,

i highly recommend you these music as the game music of my mod WW2: China Battlefield. This pack should be compatible with the mod's recent versions.
To use this pack,  unzip it,  put everything into "x:\Mount&Blade 1.0\Modules\WW2 China Battlefield". It will replace the file "music.txt", and add new music into my mod's music folder.
If you decide to keep the old style music after listened my music, simply replace this "music.txt" with the native one.
Enjoy the game!

W.B.

--------------------------the first day--------------------------
hallo everybody,
the english name of my mod is WWII: China Battlefield, chinese should be WW2:中国战场 .
I have be working on this since 1 year ago. 1 year has passed, I think this one will still be the first really modern warfare mod of MnB which gonna be based on a really history :mrgreen:

In the 1.0 version of my mod, there will be brand new:
world map(china map),
traditional chinese buildings and european style buildings,
chinese adn japanese melee weapons, pistols, submachineguns, rifles, carbines, machineguns, grenades, coehorns, artileries
helmets, uniforms, boots, puttees, breathmasks.

Factions
It begins in July 1937, there are 5 mainly factions in this mod:

National Party (Kuomintang)
They are leaded by Jiang Jieshi(Chiang Kai-shek) formally, but they never pulled themself together. Jiang Jieshi controls central armies, which have better equipments and weapons. The other warlords have themself local armies, but they intend to fight for themself only.

Communist Party
Mao Zedong and his red army has survived NP's encirclements and suppressions, now they want to unite other chinese armies and fight against japanese with them together.

Northeast Anti-japanese Alliance
These bravest soldiers fought against the japanese invaders alone since 1933, they got nearly nothing from Republic of China government to support. now the guerrilabands are getting weaker, they must find a way out.

Japanese invaders
The invaders have carfully stage-managed this invasion. Experienced officers, well trained soldiers, powerful artileries and warcrafts and bountiful supplies are waiting in their base in manchuria. They are dreaming of defeating china in 3 months.

Puppet Regimes
They are set up by japanese invaders. The Manchurian Puppet Regimes is the biggest one.

features
(some of them won't be included in the beta version)
-- machineguns, grenades, coehorns, artileries and bombings are the new fatal elements in the battles.
-- armies will bomb each other during battles, if they have artileries or warcraft.
-- New wepons and equipments will surely lead the gameplay to a different style, and you won't be able to win if you still stick at the old strategies.
-- all scenes will be adjusted, with chinese buildings items etc..
-- logistics is far more important: watch your baggages!
-- some old "useless" skills will be more important than ever.
-- new missions.
-- almost every weapon, horse, uniform, and other equipments has 2~4 lod meshes.
-- good weapons and helmets look differently from the ones in bad conditions.
-- many new sound effects; each kind of weapon has its own sound.
-- new musics.
-- motorbikes, tanks? dont know if I will be satisfied.

demo 1st Version download:

mbrepository
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1332
(Thank you Fei Dao for uploading it to mbrepository, it's weird I never managed to do so.)

known major bug:
some time game crashes when player visits the weapon merchant, it could be happen in everytown with a little probability.
to fix this bug:
if you know how to edit item_kinds1.txt, search torch, disabale its particle effect, I mean replace those codes which belong to torch with
itm_torch Torch Torch 1  club 0  4194306 9223388529554358286 11 0 2.500000 100 0 0 0 0 11264 95 0 95 0 256 523
0, no need to start new game!
fi you can't, I suggest you choose "Realistic! No quitting without saving!" when starting a new charactor.

Screenshots:
national party, central army

national party, local army

communist party, 8th Route Army(not the sergeant guys)

japanese invaders

puppet army

credits:
meshes of type 38 rifle, type 14 pistol, type 11 MG, browning pistol, beautiful chinese caps(and their beautiful textures) are from Kelavis.
some of those new sounds are from DOD:Source, some from Insurgency(they are mods of HL2).
1 texture(chinese_sabre) from sylxs's 自制武器&天堂2武器.
1 texture (horse_lowlander) is from Open Source Project, sorry can't find out your name, please pm me.
1 sound from KON_AIR's old mod.

thank you Thorgrim for making BRFedit.
thank you kelavis, oolonglgx, rubik, without your helps and advices of dealing with module system, I would never go this far.
thank you everyone who's supporting me, from both this forum and mountblade.com.cn(which I have long time not posted but still checking everyday).
at the end, thank you Armagan and the other team members, who have made such a great game and allowed us players to realize our thoughts(although this engine is still no good enough and we are short of official modding tools), thank you!

Wish everybody have a happy new year!
Guten Rutsch!
新年快乐!

WilliamBerne said:
a simple hause
2lylwl.jpg
lampcfo6.jpg

WilliamBerne said:
a restaurant from Shanghai Bund.

WilliamBerne said:
smallwallcollapse1jk7.jpg

smallwallcollapsemj6.jpg

view mesh 593 polies, collision mesh 351 polies.
WilliamBerne said:
ok, here are some of my guns I made several months ago.

mosin-nagant sniper
brfedit2008020305423834co7.jpg

hanyang made(old chinese rifle)
hanyingmadecd2.jpg

MP18
mp281zy5.jpg

type 44 carbine
type44carbine1tt8.jpg

type 100 SMG
type100fv6.jpg

type zhongzheng rifle(chinese version of Kar98k)
zztypekg0.jpg

ZB26 MG
zb262jk6.jpg

holy poo nice,

and I have no clue how you would do sniping unless the zoom key isnt hardcoded/there is someway to bind that function to another key.

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!
good job lad
but i did noticed that some (japanese in particular) soldiers were caucasian are you planning on dealing with this or just let it be (it doesn't bother me though)

wow! awesome work!

cant wait to try it.

i see you made the shansei c96, awesome, its one of my favorite guns period, i hope to buy one some day, a mix of german design and american ballistics.

did you add an arisaka type 38? ive got one of those and the mosin sniper already, i'd love to get a chiang kai shek and hang yang commision mausers but they are hard to find in good condition here.

thanks, guys!

@Sam Gillis
I have no time to try that face code yet. I will fix it before demo release.

@Chaunsey
there will be no japanese in this mod if I didn't made type 38  :lol:

I had a feeling this would be good William, but this is  :shock:

Two thing:
1) shouldn't these buildings be in some city or at least with a few signs of civilisation surrounding them?
2) if you want me to read through your English texts to find mistakes and correct them, you know where to find me.

Brilliant work!

Njiekovic said:
I had a feeling this would be good William, but this is  :shock:

Two thing:
1) shouldn't these buildings be in some city or at least with a few signs of civilisation surrounding them?
2) if you want me to read through your English texts to find mistakes and correct them, you know where to find me.

Brilliant work!
thanks!
1) yes, I will replace all of the scene props with chinese style buildings. forgot to write this into features.
2) I know I got lots mistakes, feel free to correct them please, give me sms, or just post them, all fine, thank you!

WilliamBerne said:
thanks!
1) yes, I will replace all of the scene props with chinese style buildings. forgot to write this into features.
2) I know I got lots mistakes, feel free to correct them please, give me sms, or just post them, all fine, thank you!

Just send me some word files with your dialogues and other texts and I'll run through them.

WilliamBerne said:
thanks, guys!

@Sam Gillis
I have no time to try that face code yet. I will fix it before demo release.

@Chaunsey
there will be no japanese in this mod if I didn't made type 38  :lol:

thats what i thought, awesome.

should be a lot of fun, and also its an important part of history that is rarely represented in any way here in the west, this is actually probably the first game based on this setting that i've seen.

I can't wait for this!  It looks awesome. 

When it is ready, can you upload it to the M&B repository?  As I can't read Chinese, I find it very hard to find and  DL files from the Chinese sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom