World War two discusion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Generally I find you an annoying prick who takes everything too cynically, but I know you have a more rational, reasonable side and you are pretty much here to stay, so I try and just live with you.

That's my succinct summary of thee.

Funnily enough, I have an amusing little picture on this little computer here in my hands related to the above conversation.

However on-topic, here's how it went.

Burgass said:
What weight and what did you carry around.

It's a Utility vehicle it had all sorts in it, shovels, spades and other tools and you know, utilities.

Oh and it was Green, do you have a truck fetish or something? 

Helix Falks said:
Burgass said:
What weight and what did you carry around.

It's a Utility vehicle it had all sorts in it, shovels, spades and other tools and you know, utilities.

Oh and it was Green, do you have a truck fetish or something?

Hey, what's going on here? I thought you United Kingdom types called them lorries, if you all start talking and acting like Americans this whole world is doomed. DOOMED!! Eating with upside down forks, chewing with open mouths and treating the smell of burning tobacco as if it were more dangerous then cyanide gas but thinking that sucking in the exhaust of a city bus diesel engine is nutritious, wearing silly hats just to ride a bicycle, only buying products that proudly display the Made in China label, turning nobodies like Lindsay Lohan into big superstars.....
  Somebody in this God forsaken world needs to be better then this!

Helix Falks said:
Archonsod said:
I think what we call a lorry you'd call an articulated truck, an actual truck is the one without the trailer, usually flatbed.

Indeed, although we still use the prefix articulated if its a lorry that has a detachable trailer and for some strange reason if I'm driving my mum and she sees a Stobart we get a sweet this same rule applies to sheep, its quite perplexing.

Hyperion said:
Gee, a green military vehicle.
That sure tells a lot.

I'm pretty sure he just wants to make sure you aren't pulling it out of your arse.

Nah tricks like that could end badly.

So you get allot of posers on here saying they went off to war or something?

Believe me or not I don't care, I never did anything dramatic or dangerous, I just drove a truck, I don't think that's posing, I certainly don't thing being in the army is a badge of merit either as my cousin is an Infantry man and he is thicker than two short planks.

Back
Top Bottom