World of Tankcraft

Users who are viewing this thread

Sushiman said:
I think that's generally not the best choice. Outside of some German mediums and the Borsig/WT4/WTF100 I can't think of where it'd be best. Unless you're counting derps, which is silly.

Really, I kind of was in most cases. Hence the Assault gun quip. Heck, there's barely a reason not to in the Hetzer, for example. The thing's a ****ing Reaper when you're top tier.

I'm not even sure why I was asking, though my preference usually is accuracy and penetration.
Though, my last match in the Covenanter with a Pom-Pom strapped on (had to rebuy it because I only kept the Bofors from the previous one) kind of dented that a bit, making it my second tank with an autocannon still in the garage.
As did ditching the 10.5 on the Stug in favour of the L48, surprisingly enough. Though I can't one shot a Flak bus anymore.

I was bored and interested, so I figured this out.

Of 60 Soviet vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are the best choice on:
T-26* - 37mm over 45mm.
T-46* - 45mm over 76mm.
T-28* - 57mm over 76mm.
BT-2* - 37mm over 45mm.
BT-7* - 37mm over 45mm.
A-20* - 45mm or 37mm over 76mm.
T-34 - 57mm over the 76mm.
A-43 - As above.
T-44 - 100mm over 122mm.
AT-1 - Debatably, the 57mm over the 76mm.
SU-76 - Again, debatably the 57mm over the 76mm.
SU-101 - 100mm over 122mm.

Of 41 British vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are better on:
Valentine - 6pdr over 75mm.

Of 71 German vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are better on:
Pz1C - 8mm over 20mm.
Luchs - 30mm over 50mm.
Leopard - As above.
VK 20.01 D - 50mm over 75mm.
VK 30.02 D - Arguably the L/70 over the short 88, but it's very dependant on playstyle.
DW2 - 50mm over 75mm.
Pz IV A - 50mm over 75mm.
VK 30.01 P - As with the 30.02 D, arguably the L/70 over the short 88, but dependant on playstyle.
JgPz IV - One could argue for the L/70 over the short 88, but they're probably wrong.
Rhm-Borsig - 128mm over 150mm.
WtPz IV - 128mm over 150mm.
WtE 100 - 128mm over 150mm.

Should be noted that on the Borsig and the WtPz IV the 150mm is a viable weapon, but the 128mm is definitely the first choice.

Of 17 Chinese vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are better on:
Vickers B* - 40mm Pom Pom over 45mm.
Chi-Ha* - 47mm over 57mm.
Type T-34* - 57mm over 76mm.
T-34-2 - 100mm over 122mm.
110* - 100mm over 122mm.

Of 13 Japanese vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are better on:
Type 97 Chi-Ha* - 47mm over 57mm.
Type 1 Chi-He - Possibly the 57mm over the 75mm, they're both okay-ish guns and I haven't used the tank.

Of 65 American vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are better on:
M7 - 6pdr over 75mm.
M8A1 - A case can be argued for the 57mm over the 3-inch(76mm) gun, but it is not my choice.

Of 37 French vehicles, excluding derps, lower calibre weapons are better on:
Renault FT* - 25mm over 37mm
ARL 44 - 90mm over 105mm, however, the 105mm is still a popular and viable choice.
AMX M4 45 - As above.
S35 CA - 17 pdr(76mm) over either the 90mm or the 105mm was my choice. However, they are all equally popular, if not the 105mm in the lead.
ARL V39 - A case can be argued for the 90mm over the 105mm, but I much prefer the 105mm on this tank.

Vehicles marked with an asterisk denote where the higher calibre weapon is a lower tier weapon, and thus more obviously a lesser/ downright retarded choice.

Joe, you still play on the US server? Dayum man. How can you bear with the ping?

On a sidenote, I've decided to go US arty and am at T6 atm, 1/3rd towards the M12. I love my tiger I atm because it's very playable, and had 1 epic round in it as only top tier where I held a flank and dinged everything shot at me due to angling. Then I advanced ant their KV-13 medium flanked me, and slowly slaughtered me since I had no support. Screw dat armour.

Got the IS 6.

Hmm, exactly the kind of premium I was looking for. Something that definitely suits my play style.

Don't you just love it when you're a Tier 4 Soviet light tank with a 45mm gun that only does 71mm of penetration at short ranges and at specific weakpoints, and people basically throw every insult at you when you're the only remaining tank in a Tier 6 game and have little to no hope of even scratching the enemy?. Makes me chuckle every time.

So uh, does the PC version have night/rain battles?

Xbox version just got them, and they are ****ing epic looking.

Oh you guys it's ****ing glorious. Taking my IS-6 out with no HUD on and watching the rain dribbling down my screen and hearing it pattering off the side of my russian steel while watching the lighthouse on Cliffs beam the map up.

I could have cried tears of joy had I not ran into an E 75 and M103  :lol:

Thanks for the link; I don't pay as much attention to FTR anymore. I get fed up with the blogger.

Anyway: The poor Tiger got nerfed again. That seems to be becoming a regular thing iirc (I could be wrong, though). Hellcat got a nerf: that's nice to see. T18 really got hit by the nerfbat: that's not such a bad thing, either. :lol:

Turns out Xbox also got some exclusive animations for aerials and other things that stick out of tanks and hang off them etc.

Genuinely surprised that the console port is getting exclusive content that the PC isn't.  :neutral:

EDIT: linky

The snow one is epic, bought my Matilda back and fully upgraded it, first match put me on the north spawn of mountain pass, only me holding the glacier pass by myself vs a platoon of M8A1s a Covenanter and two Panzer 3s, while the snow falls around me. 5 minutes later, my battered Matilda trundles along past the burning wrecks of the M8s and heads to kill that BASTARDING ARTILLERY WHO'S BEEN SHELLING ME ALL GAME.

Patch video for the most recent xbox version, incl weather etc.

http://youtu.be/djtqBQoqJRU

Does honestly look really cool. Wish it was on the PC version, but hey, they can't even make a game that doesn't crash every 5 minutes.

Maboobs posted the same video on the previous post, but it's indeed a nice video. Rain and night really make some of the maps pretty. City maps most of all.

Story time again:

My cousin (T69) and I (Centurion I) got in a tier 10 Siegfried Line defense game. We always go straight for the north ridge to poke and spot incoming tanks and hope for cheeky shots. I should have died multiple times, were it not for the RNG gods. I ate a shot from the T57 heavy and dodged all but one from the WT auf PzIV. Then I got hammered by the arty and had around 29hp left. Somehow, I managed to get behind the Jagdpz E100 in an open field before he could reload his next shot. Only a second later he fired and missed. A few shells in his bum finished him of and the timer ended shortly after.

6UxhFPP.jpg
5d563c2.jpg
VqVbiRj.jpg

One hell of a stressful game. But I'm getting close to unlocking the sexy Centurion 7/1.

Back
Top Bottom