WORLD Map -Pls Help!-

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone, below is the information that Trebor and I conducted on forts and cities in 1860's United States period.:cool:

The list has cities and forts from all USA regions on the 1860s map. The current Indian territory and cities on the current version of the mod are fine and the location should be in what is present day Oklahoma, bordering Texas to the south  and Arkansas to the east. I will also post some maps about the 1860's regions of the USA. 

I will begin research shortly on the same information for 1860's Mexico and Canada, if anyone would like to help with that information, it would be appreciated :wink:  Thanks!

Recommended 1860 USA Cities & Forts
(Note: Indian territory was very sparse and widespread throughout southwest states, through Arkansas and Texas. ALL of modern day Oklahoma was given as indian land)

The Northern States (Union)
Cities
New Haven ,Connecticut
Waterbury, Connecticut
Alton, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
Indianapolis, Indiana
Evansville, Indiana
Des Moines, Iowa
Lawrence, Kansas
Baxter Springs, Kansas
Paris, Maine
Portland, Maine
Boston, Massachusetts
Springfield, Massachusetts
Jackson, Michigan
East Lansing Michigan
Granite Falls, Minnesota
Mankato, Minnesota
Carson City, Nevada
Dover, New Hampshire
Trenton, New Jersey
West Point, New York
New York City, New York
Toledo, Ohio
Cincinatti, Ohio
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Newport, Rhode Island
St. Albans, Vermont
Brussels, Wisconsin
Washington, District of Columbia

Forts
Fort Delaware, Delaware
Fort Hamilton, New York
Fort Lafayette, New York
Fort Knox, Maine
Fort Warren, Massachusetts
Fort Ridgley, Minnesota
Fort Trumbull, Connecticut

The Southern States (Confederacy)
Cities
Mobile, Alabama
Montgomery, Alabama
Little Rock, Arkansas
Bentonville, Arkansas
Jacksonville, Florida
Tallahassee, Florida
Atlanta, Georgia
Savannah, Georgia
Milledgeville, Georgia (capital til 186:cool:
New Orleans, Louisisana
Port Hudson, Louisisana
Raleigh, North Carolina
New Bern, North Carolina
Wilmington, North Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
Beaufort, South Carolina
Nashville, Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee
Shilo, Tennessee
Gavelston, Texas
Brownsville Texas
Richmond, Virginia
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Forts-
The Alamo, ( San Antonio Texas)
Fort Worth,( Fort Worth, Texas)
Fort Henry, (Western Tennessee)
Fort Monroe ,( Hampton Roads, Virginia)
Fort Clinch,( Fernandina Beach, Florida)
Fort Jackson (Triumph, Louisiana)
Fort Pickens, Pensacola, Florida
Fort Gadsden (Franklin County, Florida)
Fort Brown( Brownsville, Texas)
Fort Hill- (Vicksburg, Mississippi)
Fort Sumter- (Charleston, South Carolina)
Fort Wagner-( Charleston, South Carolina
Fort Fisher- (Wilmington, North Carolina)
Fort Macon, (Beaufort, North Carolina )
Fort Pulaski-( Savannah, Georgia)
Fort Morgan- (Mobile, Alabama)
The Alamo

Border States or those with conflicting governments
Cities
Baltimore, Maryland
Sharpsburg, Maryland
St. Louis, Missouri
Westport (later Kanas City), Missouri
Frankfurt, Kentucky
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia

Forts
Fort Anderson, Kentucky
Fort McHenry, Maryland
Fort Davidson, Missouri

Below I have some maps depicting the controlled territory and regions during the 1860's period. This should help with location of factions in the project. 

Civil War map depicting union and confederate territory

XtzsJ.jpg

Map of Indian territories of Oklahoma during 1860's

rmKkO.jpg

Map of USA at 1860

10Y3h.jpg

V E R Y good work!
both Trebby and BB.  :wink:

And if can be done for Mexico, canada and Main Islands, I d be in Heaven and my work d speed up surely... :mrgreen:
Gab
Forts and Centers in the Frontier?!Norh west from St Luis?
I know Fort Bent and Laramie were the oldest but I do remember smth else more modern and before 1865....

There are two major fortifications in the west frontier I know of. Fort Laramie, was actually held a large presence in the 1860's. It housed union troops during the war and volunteer militia. And it served as a key point during the conflict with indians. in the late 1860's. Another fort, Fort Lyon was in the territory of Colorado, was held by union forces during the war and was attacked multiple times by indian forces in the later parts of the 1860's.

Here is the first of many screenshots with the approximate of the city, fort locations. The first is the Northeast. Note that red circles indicate City locations and green indicates forts. The text boxes closest to each dot are the respective city/fort names.

je9hw.jpg

Made this a Topic on its own cuz it is getting big and out of context in the History Topic.

TREBOR, once again: I still have to decide so many things, ...so pls just get the info I need.
It might be that I even will name some cities as the State name....I don t know yet.

The last work on my 1860s map is EXACTLY what I needed BB. Perfect work.
Pls check 1776 map to get better and bigger view ...and some big centers are there, like St Louis, Frontier centers and islands....and the Sioux territory.
You definetely should work on 1776 Map, really.
Can you name them in a more apropriate way and historically correct for 1860s, pls ?

bb09red said:
I don't mind if we add them, but it will give Missouri 5 cities/towns,plus forts.

Trebor said:
can we add these cities?
Springfield, Missouri
jefferson City, Missouri
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
they were very strategic locations in the fight for Missouri.

Hey Marecone, good map, I will say though that we already have a good feel for the final USA map locations, however if you are willing you could be a big help. We still need cities/forts that were relevant of the 1860's for Mexico and Canada as well.. These locations once finalized will be added into the mod,(use latest map for Canada/Mexico from 1860's mod or 1776 mod as reference as to what fits) If you would be willing to help with this it would be awesome! :cool:

Thx for the huge enthusiasm and help on all this!!!  :razz:

I have BB mainly supervising and actively helping on this side, so pls refer to him while I m modding on other things  :wink:
This is part of the PM I sent him, but I will share it so you Supporters can understand what is going on and how to help

use the 1776 map, pls, and when you cannot find a modern name for the town/fort/village of that map, just put a State name...like Virginia, Georgia, etc...ok?
Pleeeease use as many EXISTING location as you can. Moving a center, even a little, is a hell job, cuz I know nothing bout coords on the main map (sombdy does? Pls help!).... so I have to "guess" and digit some coords position, quit the game, start a new one, and see where it friggen went positionated ...:cry:
NOTE: I had to switch Factions in 1860s ...so that Canada is Plains indians now, and some ACW factions were deleted and had Mexico adeed. I will not ever add new factions in SP. Too messy.
But some are in MP. I FIXED MP as well, guys....And ....APACHES can be played in MP maps, now.
they are gorgeous look!!!

Some towns are positioneted wrong mow, then, see? But I ll fix that.
Unfortunately the game doesn t allow to freely assign a town to a faction. You need to completely take all the centers that belong to a faction and then change faction name. That is why towns and centers are missplaced now.

Pls consider that most mods quit or do not progress cuz ppl want things TOO perfect!
That s a lesson I learned and ...that s why I have 3 Mods going and some very qualified Modders made NO one!
Keep things easy and use existing location as much as possible, pls.
And when helping, always do the easiest thing first.
May be in the future I will improve it, but at start, EASY is better than NOTHING, see?  :mrgreen:

Gabby

PS if ANYBODY knows how to find the coordinates of the position for a new location to add, pls post here.
IF I get already the COORDINATES to put, I will add also new things, anything that needs to be added!!!  :mrgreen:

BUT.....I will not spend days doing attempts on the map, trying to guess where Kansas City should lay...for example :twisted:

Due to a small missunderstanding  :wink: I am reposting my maps. Unfortunatelly I can't download 1766 mod to check that map until August 20th as I am on vacation and my internet speed is way to slow. All I can do is supply you with few maps I have on my lap top and hope they will be of help. Even from most detailed maps you can perhaps take out big centers as I am aware that mod map will not include zillion cities and places.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is probably most detailed historical map showing northern USA and part of Canada I could find. I can get all parts of Canada in same format but as it is so big and I have internet issues I have posted just this one. Period 1860.

jp2.py

This one I relly love and it can help you with Mexico and West Indies if they are included in the game.

P.S. Take my apologies if they are too big. Feel free to donload them and erase posts if that makes you any trouble.

jp2.py

Ok. I have managed to find great site listing all historical forts and even shipyards in north and central America. There are many of them but now you have a choice to pick some of them. If you find it useful I can clean the text to list only civil war period forts.

Here are the links:

http://www.northamericanforts.com/West/westforts.html
This one is for western USA. You select state on the right of your screen and loads of forts with info pop out. Same for East, Canada and Mexico

http://www.northamericanforts.com/East/eastforts.html

CANADA!
http://www.northamericanforts.com/Canada/canada.html

MEXICO
http://www.northamericanforts.com/Latin/latinforts.html

I finally got the map I wanted to show you but I am not sure how to upload it from my computer. It is cca 7 MB in size. Please advise.

Mark, got to this link: https://tw.greywool.com/i/       

Then upload it to that tool,  copy the spoiler code and paste that into a post. That way the whole image wont display on the screen unless someone clicks the spoiler tab like the following one for example

8TkZH.jpg

Marecone said:
Here goes  :eek:

EDIT: It worked  :grin:! Thanks for the help bb!

VGyuy.jpg

nice map but fort wagner would have been a better choice instead of fort johnson in charleston.

btw is it possible to make sand forts in this game? being that most of the ofrts are going to be in coastal positions.

Marecone, super great job sofar!
I m sure you and BB will make a best choice of centers for my updated World Map.  :razz:
Pls include very vital old places as some historical Trading Posts and fortified structures, suc as Fort Bent , Fort Laramie, etc etc.
Cheat a little on the EXTREME western edge of my map, so that you can fit all most important centers, of the period, ok?
You guys can actually "squeeze" in some places, more according to the need, than to precise geografical positions. So that some places will "look" actually closer than in reality, on my Map, but at least we added them.
Some can be even added on the veeeeeeeeery left edge of the map, but is important to add them.

As you know, 1860s Map is much bigger than the last one added by Marecone, so most western issues can be added...or "squeezed" cheating a little on the far western edge.

Will be messaging privately with you guys, later. :wink:
Gabby

Maps showing political evolution of Central America and the Carribean (West Indies)

XgFMf.png

ZGs4B.png

N-q02.png

Pic showing major centers in West Indies during 1860.

4BxPQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom