[WIS] Group Stage Week 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OurGloriousLeader said:
No it's not more reasonable that two teams decide their score ahead of playing actually. I'll wait to hear if KO stage is affected by league placement thanks.

I think you wrote that as a bait, clearly told you there was no discussion behind it, they gave us the default win because 90% of their team can't come today. Of course, there will be more discussion on this and you'll bring back this same comment down the line, but that's not unusual. That's proven as Apollo gave us the default win before I even posted about the 6 - 6, if there was any form of discussion, he'd have never posted that. That's again, just simple logic.

And don't act like a smartass talking about if the KO stage is affected by the league placement, because you're wanting that answer to prove your point in this discussion, the only reason you're asking it is because of this discussion.

Both Apollo and Habi gave Unity the def win, I don’t care what the discussion is about, but I can confirm we, as Unity, take the def win.

Paulo or Fietta can confirm.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Charlini said:
has no consequences

Will league table placement affect the KO stage?

Indeed, like in any tournament, the difference here is that we didn't make the knockout stage placement match-ups public so there's no reason to manipulate in any sort of way the placement that you possibly want(considering you could throw in purpose to get 'the easier path'). With this being said I think it's safe to say that there was no hidden intentions on the '6-6' offer, however:

Aequalitas vs Unity decision

After a small discussion with the admins due limited time, I've decided to deny the possibility of agreeing on a draw between the teams, allowing you instead to play with 6v6 if you don't meet the minimum numbers required if it's what Unity wants, otherwise it will be default 12-0. The reason behind this aside the lack of rule that allows this is, summing up, the need of matches to be played and constantly deliver of scores as accurate as possible to advance to the next stage of the tournament. The placement in this case would change and affect the match up in Quarters after Playoff week. It would turn out to be a non-intended manip of the match ups.

We'll reconsider a possible rule for the next tournament that is somewhat flexible with complex cases, but due the nature of this issue for now it's not something that we can agree to, hope you understand.

Also reminder that no extensions will be granted this week past monday, and you have to request it beforehand.

Next week it's playoff week, make sure to check Group Stage Standings updated monday to see if you qualified for Knockout Stage or if you take part on Playoff Week which involves 2 Matches next week.

The default times for this following playoff week will be:

1st match - Saturday 20 bst, with a extension possibility to Sunday 18.45 bst.
2nd match - Sunday 20bst, with a extension possibility to Monday 20 bst.

Reminding with time so you can organise yourselves, hope you are aware of this if you're involved as it was announced really early before signing up on the tournament and on different stages through it. Good luck on week 5 on going.

just for the record unity is not to blame here
we (for whatever reason) agreed to play on saturday -since they couldnt do sunday - knowing we would lack alot of players and with matt then being unable to play on short notice it was not possible to get 8
since the match doesn't mean anything to us as we already advanced to the knockout stage the decision was made to give out a default win rather than playing 7v8

Fietta said:
Charlini said:

That's fine, sorry for all the mess, we'll take the default win but atleast Unity tried to make it fair for us both, sorry AeQ lads, really am.

You certainly don't have to apologizes for trying to act fair towards your opponents but ultimately not having the decisional power within your hands. As Charli stated it, it's fairly obvious that neither Unity or Aequalitas tried to gain something out of this, but simply aimed at making the best out of a tough situation.

I hope you guys understand things from our perspective as well, we would like to avoid setting a precedent by allowing this and potentially trigger unfortunate consequences in future tournaments. The only thing I could personally advice you to do is wait for an admin to give you a proper answer next time, instead of posting it on the forums. For instance, that will prevent people not involved in the issue, to voice an opinion about it. I perfectly understand that sometime we might take longer than expected to formulate an answer but that's mostly because Charli try to get all the admins to formulate an answer, within acceptable delays. Neverertheles, cheers for showing good sportmanship, hopefully Aequalitas will manage to get an acceptable roster for the next stage of the tournament.

Malta 12 - 2 FTW

mKcuNpu.jpg
MoUvYbc.jpg
f6NRESW.jpg
49aUdUZ.jpg

gg

Edit: Was ger 9

THY 12 - 1 IMB

First map
https://prnt.sc/o2ms5f
https://prnt.sc/o2msam
Second map