[WIKI] Mount and Blade (Warband) Modding Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerkuh said:
Maybe it is time to switch name, after a day XD
Forge, the Mount and Blade Modding Wikipedia.

I think when you put beside the anvil the text Mount and Blade Modding Wikipedia or Wiki (what fits the best in that font) we have the most perfect sig.
As you could already noticed i checked how it looked on the Wiki and it looks quite awesome.
haha... The name was frankly long, so I had to put something short, mnemonic, distinctive and charismatic.  :wink:

Administration Stuff I've done:

Code:
✔ Finished the URL Rewrite module... So now we have clean URLs as ...
http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/wiki/Main_Page ...instead of...
http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/index.php?title=Main_Page

Code:
✔ Added Syntax Highlighter Extension ... 
Now you can put your code snippets between
<syntaxhighlight lang="python">(try_for_parties,<destination>),</syntaxhighlight>
And will appear as colourful codes.

[tt]✔ Added ReCaptcha Anti Bot security.
Unprotected wikis are doomed to flooding. I know by experience.

J12-19 said:
I like the logo but why are there brackets and a comma in it? I think it would look nicer without it.
where do they use those things, darn what was it.
i just got lost in my thoughts. :razz:

it is a wiki basicly used for the system with a syntax build on (operation), XD

http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/wiki/Making_Intros_Show_Up

I am done with it.

Jerkuh said:
J12-19 said:
I like the logo but why are there brackets and a comma in it? I think it would look nicer without it.
where do they use those things, darn what was it.
i just got lost in my thoughts. :razz:

it is a wiki basicly used for the system with a syntax build on (operation), XD
Exactly.

Code:
✔ Added External Image embedding ...
Go here to see what image-hosters are allowed. If you use another one and want to be able to embed it suggest it here.
http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/wiki/MediaWiki:External_image_whitelist

To show them, simply drop the links on the page. If they aren't allowed will be shown as a external link. :)

Some other minor details I added yesterday...
ViQMN.png
xx83T.png

We have installed an visual Editor but there is also a way to go to the original editor.
Below their is an check box to force it to the old editor, after checking that press show changes you can edited it old fashion.
A normal external link can be made on this way:
Code:
[http://where.ever.it/needs/to.go TheNameOfTheLink]
Btw i putted your tut in the tutorial category.
:wink:

I'll take care of that :wink:

Edit: I think Swyter is doing some updates.
I don't realy know what it is atm but their are some technical failures in the database.

Jerkuh said:
Cool. I see it's done...

Code:
✔ Installed UsabilityInitiative ...
Which includes lots of enhancements from the traditional MediaWiki. Sort of Official Extension.

Also created a simplified favicon for it. Opinions?
zm4Ae.png

Thanks. I noticed the errors, but the strangest part is that everything is saved properly and then the user receives the SQL query error message.
I thought that for a beginning we need some info on the ModuleSystem. :wink:

EDIT: Nice icon, just saw it in my Firefox.
EDIT 2: It's amazing what a modding communuty can do it just a few hours. :smile:

Swyter said:
Jerkuh said:
Cool. I see it's done...

Code:
✔ Installed UsabilityInitiative ...
Which includes lots of enhancements from the traditional MediaWiki. Sort of Official Extension.

Also created a simplified favicon for it. Opinions?
zm4Ae.png
Your an great artist and a great programmer, never saw that together before.
Geat Work, i like it!
It is a bit of the simplified version of the logo.
Lumos said:
Thanks. I noticed the errors, but the strangest part is that everything is saved properly and then the user receives the SQL query error message.
I thought that for a beginning we need some info on the ModuleSystem. :wink:

EDIT: Nice icon, just saw it in my Firefox.
EDIT 2: It's amazing what a modding communuty can do it just a few hours. :smile:
It's lovely isn't it :wink:

Few Questions:

Is it OK for us to copy and paste other people's scripts from the forum to the wiki as long as FULL CREDIT given.
Or should is asking for permission necessary? (Say, for guys like cdvader or smthing, he's long left, but there's tonnes of useful scripts from him that should be added to the wiki).
There are quite a few topics with loads of lots useful scripts we could go through and put on the wiki!

Wht's OSP for?? Does it mean like the open source resource packets, or does it include open source scripts (but then, I believe open source scripts should be just put in scripts).

Would it be possible to add some peer review stuff to the scripts section? Such that people can distinguish between scripts that are reviewed and should be working, and scripts that haven't been reviewed and may contain bugs.

Lastly, I think we should have some discussion on how to further organize the scripts part  :grin:.
I suggest one division first: "Multiplayer", "Singleplayer".

Haha. Anyway, awesome wiki!! Can't wait for it to be populated!

SonKidd said:
Few Questions:

Is it OK for us to copy and paste other people's scripts from the forum to the wiki as long as FULL CREDIT given.
Or should is asking for permission necessary? (Say, for guys like cdvader or smthing, he's long left, but there's tonnes of useful scripts from him that should be added to the wiki).
There are quite a few topics with loads of lots useful scripts we could go through and put on the wiki!

Wht's OSP for?? Does it mean like the open source resource packets, or does it include open source scripts (but then, I believe open source scripts should be just put in scripts).

Would it be possible to add some peer review stuff to the scripts section? Such that people can distinguish between scripts that are reviewed and should be working, and scripts that haven't been reviewed and may contain bugs.

Lastly, I think we should have some discussion on how to further organize the scripts part  :grin:.
I suggest one division first: "Multiplayer", "Singleplayer".

Haha. Anyway, awesome wiki!! Can't wait for it to be populated!
Besides you need the permision of the autor your free to add it in the wiki.
If you are going to do so and scaver around collecting these things i would apriciate it very much.
After i got some free time i'll also start myself.

Back
Top Bottom