why tf isn't my workshop producing ANYTHING?

Users who are viewing this thread

futw

hey tw, you spent a whole year patching this game up and either your historic disdain for workshops or total incompetence prevailed.

so here i am, spending 17000 gold + 2000 for a wool weavery in Baltakhand.

300+ wool in the market, priced at 4.. no other wool wavery in the town, nor in the area. (checked closest 4 towns)

days go by

no inputs

no outputs

hmm what am i doing wrong?

should i buy wool myself (ie micromanage this ****) and put in the warehouse??) lets do that. why not. the fun part can wait.

** puts 50 wool in the warehouse**

the workers must be total morons so let us specify that they need to get it from the warehouse, not the market.

OH LOOK! THEY FOUND THE WOOL!!

BUT WHERE IS THE GARMENT?

are they shoving it up their arses?

are they getting lost on their way to the market??

in the meantime im now about 20000 poorer and figuring out how to make money out of this ****

Last edited:
Too much supply and not enough demand, globally. I recommend letting you voice be heard in the Suggestion thread specifically about Workshops because you cannot make money off them passively. You have to try to monopolize the scene and shut down most of the other Workshops of a given industry so you can real money off them.

You can make ludicrous (~700-1,200 per day +hundreds per unit of whatever you hoard for selling abroad) amounts of money if you play your cards right but Workshops are presently worse than useless as passive revenue streams without making a lifestyle out of them.

dude i just want to play bannerlord, not monopoly or victoria 3

i am not about to go and study the ****ing regional markets and economy for my stupid workshop to function. at this point i would just be happy if it WORKS. i've given up on the 800 gold a day.

if this game were ran by a midly competent studio i just might be tempted to study the ins and out of this mechanics but its TW we are talking about. they don't have a clue what their game is about. so whatever i end up discovering is likely broken stuff.

workshops are broken. traders are broken.

i wish i understood why TW has this ****ing thing against a player receiving a fair passive income. i find it totally mind boggling that they can't or won't implement a straightforward system to make this work.

edit: now i get a message saying the workshop has halted because "it has not been profitable". but where are the products? i am paying labour to produce ****. if it is not profitable that's my problem just produce what its suppose to produce no?

even if its halted the CURRENT CAPITAL is being consumed. and when it is running, no actual goods are being produced but the inputs are being consumed..

taleworlds: PLAY . YOUR . GAME. no matter how clever you think you are, allowing a player to spend 20000 gold on a worthless investment, and not bothering to explain why the wheels are not turning, and how to fix, it IS NOT FUN.

i am now -2000 in workshop capital, -10 in wool, and not a single garment sold or in my inventory.. wtf is this? congratulations TW. you;ve designed a system most will never bother using.

Last edited:
Yeah stick to caravans, workshops are kinda annoying

imagine me working at a factory, collecting my wages every month without producing ANYTHING because am concerned about the current market prices. of course, costs still apply.

who tf decides on these supid systems?

There is a special forum section where the developer accepts messages about problems in the game.
The developer does not enter this section and does not accept claims about improving the game.

Here is a similar topic from this section -

Back
Top Bottom