Why I am Unable To Watch MKV Format Movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, friends. How are you? First of all, I want to say that, this is my first post in this forum. Guys, I am posting this for a solution to my PC. That is, whenever I am trying to play any MKV file through VLC, It crashed each time. friends, I don't know why this is happening, and how to solve this issue. Can you help me with proper guidance?

It's probably because the MKV files you are trying to play are encoding with H.65/HEVC codec or are just broken. Try to disable hardware accelerated decoding and double your caching (set it to 1000), that might help.

He could always try MKV players and see if it works. If it does, odds are VLC is just configured incorrectly or itself broken (install wise). If it does play in other players but he really wants to use VLC, he could convert it to AVI using VLC.

It's probably because the MKV files you are trying to play are encoding with H.65/HEVC codec or are just broken. Try to disable hardware accelerated decoding and double your caching (set it to 1000), that might help.
Thanks for replying, and the suggestions also. You are right. Yesterday I did a Google search and found [snip]. The issue is fixed after applying a process mentioned there. I just disabled the hardware acceleration in the VLC Tools menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom