Why am I paying for other party wages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ugbukk

Recruit
I do not understand why I must pay for other parties' wages.
If the other party cannot pay for itself, then that is that party's problem.

Current costs:
Workshop Income +299
Main Party wages -1051
(Party wages Nogand's Party -445?)

If Nogand needs help, then have them ask me for funds. This should be rare for them to have to ask for funds. But having other parties do trading or enter tournaments maybe even do quests to help the locals to earn coin. Maybe they can sit in town for a few days practicing skills and randomly earn 1st place for 250 like I do. Maybe they setup workshops or take up blacksmithing.

All in all, I understand you cannot program all of this in this late into development. However, I find it very discouraging to grow into more potential armies when I must pay for someone else's party wages. Am I going to end up paying 10k+ per day for other parties while doing nothing but smithing every chance I get to try and make enough coin to pay for other parties while they run around in circles?
If I am under another army, I am required to pay my own troops. It's not like they are paying them for me. If they did, I would be much more likely to join another faction as a Merc army, so they pay for me while saving up coin.

I could be wrong, but I think this goes for food also unless that been changed. I need to feed the entire army. But when I am a Merc, I feed my own troops. Why don't they feed my army if I have to feed everyone else?

Because that party serves under you. That's just how feudalism works. A lord funds his retainers, and those retainers pledge their service to the lord. Kinda like a company and its employee. If you don't pay them, why would they work under you? How could they even earn the money to start the party to begin with?

About the money, you won't be worrying about that cost soon enough. If you keep fighting battles you will easily earn tens of thousands of denars.

About the food, you will donate food to other parties in your army if those parties are starving. Otherwise they eat their own food first. You will donate even if you're not the leader of the party.

So, you are saying that if I join another faction, they will pay my armies wages for me? If the answer to this is no, then I feel players get the short end of the stick.

tmJe-2K54Fspu8jkOQGZaZt9lB7mq48GrqhhEibMlmosfJTwcpkltJPn9Oatvb34gho=s300

So, you are saying that if I join another faction, they will pay my armies wages for me? If the answer to this is no, then I feel players get the short end of the stick.
When you pledge your service to a faction, they give you protection, the right to own fiefs, and the right to act as part of that faction, like joining its war and calling other lords. That's the payment. If you serve them as a mercenary, they simply pay you with money.

No, because your companions are part of your clan, and you finance your clan because that are also your clan's expenses. A faction is not the same as a clan. Those are 2 different things. A faction does not pay you, but rather gives you rights and privileges. The same goes for when a different clan joins your faction. You also don't pay for a different clan's expenses, except for a salary for mercenary work.

Your companions are part of your clan, and your clan will establish workshops and caravans which are used to help finance your clans operations, including companion party wages. If your companions could set up workshops and caravans on their own, they'd basically be their own clan and would then likely leave the player's clan.

You still benefit from having parties in your clan, mostly they give you influence and free troops. You are able to take troops from them or call them into an army anytime for free.

I think the initial cost of deploying a party is too much and it's not explained in a useful way to the player. IIRC they need to have 5k, or they take from you daily, when they go over 10k they start paying it back daily. For me, I know this so when I first make a second party it's because it's going to immediately increase my field power that I will use non-stop to defeat lords, causing them to be over 10k and pay me daily, OR some other utility, like they hold my good troops while I ram junk troops into enemies for medicine skills, stuff like that. But the noob experience is often, get rank 2, make second party because why not, notice all your money is gone, notice you have to keep pay way more then you expect (not up to 5k+ yet), they can't make the party do anything or make an army like they saw epic streamer do and they just get mad!

they give you influence
True
and free troops
hmmmmm, they're still spending your money on them though, but it is a utility for sure.
call them into an army anytime for free.
But sadly so can your faction, which is a big problem for many players. In you army you can make them fight constantly and they earn, but in somebody else army..... well they don't do very well and hardily pay for themselves, if at all.

I feel players get the short end of the stick.
Oh they do for sure. The AI can play completely stupidly and have nothing to worry about. It starts with passive income, stupid skill spreads, high relation with notables and a variety of time ignoring tricks. It basically ignores every strategy aspect of the game and just waddles around trying to ram big number into small number forever.

But sadly so can your faction, which is a big problem for many players. In you army you can make them fight constantly and they earn, but in somebody else army..... well they don't do very well and hardily pay for themselves, if at all.
Realistically those other lords should be calling you as the clan leader, and then you get to decide whether you want to answer the call yourself or delegate your companion and their party for it. You could even be given the ability to refuse it altogether by using influence.

Of course, realistically this is how it should work when you call other lords too.

I do not understand why I must pay for other parties' wages.
If the other party cannot pay for itself, then that is that party's problem.

I swear at one time other parties could earn some money themselves by completing quests. Might be wrong about that, but they do still sell prisoners/loot so that can sort of offset their costs, briefly.

Pretty sure I remember other parties actually earning positive income (besides caravans). Definitely have not seen that happen lately, so I'm thinking they removed it. Though I always join other Kingdoms pretty quick these days, so maybe it's different when you're independent. I'm guessing they removed the automatic quest completion due to random relation gains with Notables (seems a bit silly, but I believe the issue was negative relations gained creating recruitment problems).

Sort of agree with you that new parties you form should at least try to earn money. Obviously don't expect them to be fully self sufficient, but at least earn some cash. Other then gaining influence, about only reason to create parties is to have them join you in an army. Suppose it is somewhat helpful to have extra parties around when at war, but given how the A.I. goes about things, not really.

IDK OP, just another one of those things. Of course anytime you send a companion on a quest w/ troops all their expenses are paid for LOL (Who's paying for that? Why doesn't the player get expenses covered during Quests?) Granted any party you form is part of your Clan, and the expenses you pay are for your Clan as a whole. But given how little control you have over parties they should at least earn some money to compensate. I'd say you're better off creating caravans, but they rarely pay for themselves either. Guessing the idea is you basically need to have a town as a fief to pay for additional parties, same as most Clans.

The A.I. has a lot of BS going for it, especially the minor clans. Where do they get their money? No way they earn enough as mercenaries. Oh well at least the player has a few BS advantages too.

I'm guessing they removed the automatic quest completion due to random relation gains with Notables
They removed it only for parties in armies in beta e1.7.0, so parties from player's clan should be able to do quests if they are not in an army. It was working for sure when I was playing on version e1.6.4.
Armies
  • NPCs in armies can no longer solve issues.

when it comes to splitting the loot, those parties gotta have their share. but when it comes to paying the bills. it's all big daddy over here dishing out the denars...
lets not forget the troops the companion party leaders donate to ally settlements just so they can get new recruits and rack up the bill even more

Back
Top Bottom