"Who want to leave forever?" - realism or fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
NOVICIUS said:
You can not block arrows. Can You? I ussually die from single shoot in PW not from fight face to face.

Are you running in predictable paths, not taking evasive action, and being a good target (no shield)?

Well, it is really annoying that you have shield-skill ~0, and the archers,xbowmen can have 99% accuracy. I do not believe that a common archer IRL could place a shot one in an one-inch area with such ease as you can on warband, when shooting someone in the head, over the shield.

Also, if i am not mistaken, archers in those days did not have for habit to go straight through steel. IRL, i believe they bounced off helmets. In Warband, they go straight in, through the armor.

Splintert said:
NOVICIUS said:
You can not block arrows. Can You? I usually die from single shoot in PW not from fight face to face.

Are you running in predictable paths, not taking evasive action, and being a good target (no shield)?

Nop.Nop.Nop. But really I focus on players I face on the ground. Arrows hit me as soon I stop. Sometimes while riding in zig zac way. Arrows come through people I fight with to hit me. I am not complaining. I am just saying.

Since we have v4 more skillful player start to play it. Players from cRPG or native. Archery skills of this guys are just amazing. Even if they would be told to hit you in the neck beatwen Helmet and armor they would do it.

.You tell me what change with armor stats since v3 as I do not know What I know that neither Arrow Monster nor Barrel Monster would be possible this days.

That's why I am saying about fun. For fast killing there is native...

I would love to see knights who hitting each other with swords like in old fashion movies. This is just funny. This game need fun as Tirok said allready. I agree in 100%. PW is not funny anymore. It is depressing.

I change my RP to be lost ex-noble in dark days of warlords,mercenaries and civil war.

plus this:
Well, it is really annoying that you have shield-skill ~0, and the archers,xbowmen can have 99% accuracy.

Eragon91 said:
Splintert said:
NOVICIUS said:
You can not block arrows. Can You? I ussually die from single shoot in PW not from fight face to face.

Well, it is really annoying that you have shield-skill ~0, and the archers,xbowmen can have 99% accuracy. I do not believe that a common archer IRL could place a shot one in an one-inch area with such ease as you can on warband, when shooting someone in the head, over the shield.

Also, if i am not mistaken, archers in those days did not have for habit to go straight through steel. IRL, i believe they bounced off helmets. In Warband, they go straight in, through the armor.

I think more arrows would hit you in real No sidestep :lol:

CalenLoki said:
Legolan said:
[JaGeR] said:
"Dead people would re-spawn with a very small hp" i like that idea
Probably more people would surrender in siege..

I have to say, I really like that.

I have to say, I do like that idea.

But then again comes the problem when factions don't know when to stop when they attack a castle, and the yet-weakened respawning soldiers will die even faster.

But it would mean both the attacking and defending sides take longer to reinforce their military, meaning they may be shorter or longer depending on which side kills the most, rather than the 20 min battles of camping people in the castles until they run out of money or run away.
Plus, it would make people more cautious eh?

Then again, I don't know how possible this idea is.

So +1 to support.

Also, not sure what this fuss about weapons being 'OP' or too realistic. I usually play as an archer and even wearing leather armour I can take 2 - 3 swings (Though, ok, I 90% of the time die from the first two hits, but sometimes I survive for a third) from a 2h (Not to the head, instant kills me) before dying.
And, not only that, but I seem to glance alot against plate armour users even with higher tier one handed weapons, and my arrows usually seem ineffective against them unless I shoot them in the legs or head.
If the damages got decreased or plate armours got stronger, players wearing better armours would start to become OP.

Also, plate armour isn't all that expensive, a mapper can make it dirt cheap, or cost a fortune, so if you do really think plate armour is 'too poor in quality' for its cost, compain to the mapper.

If players were able to survive 2 + hits from a 2h sword with easy, it would probably decrease the need for teamwork.

This is just my opinion and experience though.

Eragon91 said:
Splintert said:
NOVICIUS said:

Depends on the type of armour. Early plate armour wasn't very strong, because of how thin it was, so often enough arrows would go through the armour, and they would go through pretty much anything at close range.

And arrows 'bouncing' is less than likely (They would more likely break), unless fired from far away.

The plate armour in warband is early plate armour, which actually was non-existant in warbands time setting, so it would be made of Iron mail and iron plate, so an iron arrowhead e.g bodkin arrowhead - which happens to be designed to go through armour, would have little effort in going through armour.

Just my imput. Some of it may be inaccurate, since this is knowledge from the top of my head.

Eragon91 said:
I am talking about helmets now. And helmets tend to be quite a lot thicker than armor, no?

Ah. Misread that.

Yeah, they are usually much thicker, and arrows did tend to bounce and break on contact with them. From what I'm aware.

N0body said:
CalenLoki said:
Legolan said:
[JaGeR] said:

I have to say, I do like that idea.
So +1 to support.
N0body approves.

N0body said:
CalenLoki said:
Legolan said:
[JaGeR] said:

And, not only that, but I seem to glance alot against plate armour users even with higher tier one handed weapons, and my arrows usually seem ineffective against them unless I shoot them in the legs or head.
If the damages got decreased or plate armours got stronger, players wearing better armours would start to become OP.
If plate was actually worth a lot (hard to kill a tank cos he's near invincible) then the price should skyrocket for it as well. It would be a good balance as I see so few people wearing it anyway due to cost.

N0body said:
Eragon91 said:
I am talking about helmets now. And helmets tend to be quite a lot thicker than armor, no?

Ah. Misread that.

Yeah, they are usually much thicker, and arrows did tend to bounce and break on contact with them. From what I'm aware.
Then at the least the great helmet and winged great helmet should have a sharp increase of armor to compensate for the headshot bonus.

1. Realism. It's not fun to have to hit the same guy 5 times just to kill him, especially when he's wearing light armour.

2. There's absolutely no reason to give the current plate knights an even larger advantage. They are already nearly indestructible without large amounts of momentum, and increasing armour would make an even wider range of weapons useless.

3. Vornne's explaination of death and respawning is taking over a new soldier. Why is that new soldier wounded? It would just make people angry. Accessibility is key to Pwmod.

Just for 2; I dont know but when I'm wearing plate armour, I can still get killed easily in two cheap 2handed shots.

Splintert said:
3. Vornne's explaination of death and respawning is taking over a new soldier. Why is that new soldier wounded? It would just make people angry. Accessibility is key to Pwmod.
Picture this: a soldier was fighting in battle when suddenly, he fell unconscious. After a long time (30 seconds), he wakes up and remember what was going on. He tries to go and fight again, but he's badly wounded that he can't fight effectively anymore.
Benefits: 1- Killing the same soldier 5 times in a row before capturing the flag would either (a) not happen anymore because the wounded soldier prefers surrendering that fighting with so low hp (b) the wounded player fights again, however it's a lot easier now for the attacker to finish him off.
2- Forcing the player to rest/find a doctor after respawning, which can be hard (let's say in an event of a siege, the player has to sneak out to reach food).
* The 2 reasons mentioned above aim at: making death an unwanted situation to come across in this game. People with default armors (like outlaws or newly trained soldiers) have nothing to be afraid of, they don't mind dying numerous times since they've got nothing to lose. They've lost the meaning of Death.
And @ Novicius, I don't see a problem with hp. I think that the armor stats should be adjusted (and by adjusted I do not mean raising the defense points). Different armors should react to different weapons differently. However; I don't think this is doable in this game (and of course, in the mod) so I'd rather stick with the current hp/armor settings.

iCock said:
Just for 2; I dont know but when I'm wearing plate armour, I can still get killed easily in two cheap 2handed shots.

I one-hit killed a plate-armored guy with my basic Sword and Militia training today :smile: He was being an ass, bumping people on his warhorse, then made the fatal mistake of removing his helmet for a doctor before trying to troll me, and forgot to put it back on.

Not relevant, just had to gloat a little more in that.

OTS: Troubles, you are completely neglecting the Spawn-killing factor.

Eragon91 said:
OTS: Troubles, you are completely neglecting the Spawn-killing factor.
Not sure if I get what you're talking about...
Anyway, spawnkilling is usually the:
attacker's fault: intentionally attacking newly-spawned players because he wants to boost his kill count with easy targets (pathetic move...) which is against the rules.
defender's fault: Since the defenders should spawn and surrender, or simply spawn somewhere else. However from my experience, this rule is usually broken easily. The suggestion (it isn't mine by the way, I think I read it in the suggestions thread) is simply a way to counter this problem.
Just tell me if I misunderstood what you're talking about.

I knight shouldn't be a easy kill, but i don't like to see a walking knigth with 10 arrows in his chest.
If the low hp on respawning gets implemented, i think there should be a seige camp to build up. 
Defenders must have a food storage..

Splintert said:
1. Realism. It's not fun to have to hit the same guy 5 times just to kill him, especially when he's wearing light armour.
Dippend of point of view
..the thread is called : realism or fun...Light armor maybe not...but what is more fun than two armor guys (turtelles) bitting hell of each other for 2 min...answear that.

2. There's absolutely no reason to give the current plate knights an even larger advantage. They are already nearly indestructible without large amounts of momentum, and increasing armour would make an even wider range of weapons useless.
..come on Splintert...you can kill every tank with single swing of your sword..50% of community can do that with one shot from Xbow..what are you talking about..and I forgot to mention spearmans and cleaver guys.... :wink:

I do not fully understand but agree on that...

Bring some more... :roll:

1. 2 minute battles are not fun, they are monotonous. It would be a pile of guys running around in circles looking like fools swinging at each other, with no care for personal safety until their HP got to a smaller level.

2. I'm not worried about knight-vs-knight fights, but more regular soldier-vs-knight battles. As is, black armour blocks all but piercing and blunt attacks, as well as well-swung cut attacks. If armour was increased, cut weapons can be laughed off and only pierce and well swung blunt hits could do anything.

If anything's health should be changed, it should be the plated horse. Those things are damned pin cushions, I've plugged in more than 5 arrows into it in god mode before and it was around half health or something.

Back
Top Bottom