Who in your opinion is best at melee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.PolarBear

I like to go on duel servers a lot and face other challenges

But who in your own opinion is the best at melee?

Now looks into the distance. The last e-peen thread died due to hate. It complexes him how people are unaware of the giant search button in the top right. Will he ever get a break?

i know of nobody what so ever in napoleonic wars who is ACTUALLY good at melee, and doesn't just use cheap spam/feint tactics to win at duel servers

4398996944_2429cc74cd.jpg

I'm going to post this on every E-peen thread I see  :lol:

The ones who can spawn Banhammers.  :eek:

But seriously, not going to comment for NW, but for MM: ACHIILLLEEEEES: best of the best.

failtolawl said:
obiwan11197 said:
UniversitasMetal said:
The best meleer is of course New_Player

+1
+1

but seriously, nobody is good at melee in NW. it's impossible to be consistently skilled.
How long have you played? Because that isn't true at all. Keep in mind that Warband melee is tough to get a hang of. It takes practice unlike other games. This is no button smasher. If you lose, don't automatically tell yourself it's only because of luck. There are people who are able to dominate one server, go to another and dominate that one. Then do it again the next day.

Also, seriosly I hate the people who cry about fienting, spamming, and spinning whenever they lose. These things can easily be countered, they are not unfair at all. Stop treating them like magic instant win hacks. Just practice instead of thinking how unfair it is.

Rigadoon said:
failtolawl said:
obiwan11197 said:
UniversitasMetal said:
The best meleer is of course New_Player

+1
+1

but seriously, nobody is good at melee in NW. it's impossible to be consistently skilled.
How long have you played? Because that isn't true at all. Keep in mind that Warband melee is tough to get a hang of. It takes practice unlike other games. This is no button smasher. If you lose, don't automatically tell yourself it's only because of luck. There are people who are able to dominate one server, go to another and dominate that one. Then do it again the next day.

Also, seriosly I hate the people who cry about fienting, spamming, and spinning whenever they lose. These things can easily be countered, they are not unfair at all. Stop treating them like magic instant win hacks. Just practice instead of thinking how unfair it is.

I completely agree with you, when I first got Warband it took me a long time to get the ropes of the game and as I've migrated to NW, I feel as though through practice, I have become a lot more skilled and is constant every time I go on. Also, remember Achilles? In MM. He was just brilliant every single time he came online, I mean cmon. That's not luck. Sorry to sound a bit over confident but it  just isn't luck in my eyes. It's practice.

Rigadoon said:

True about warband melee, but NW bayo melee is broken. Much less now than it was patch ago though (it's playable but still bugged and unbalanced).
Feintspamming is hard to counter here, implied chambers don't work most of the time, ****ty animations will prevent you from seeing which attack is being executed if you don't have 15 ping.
Also, overhead stab stupidity (too high damage, insta head hit) beats to the ground everyone with ping over 50-60 (when I play with 70 ping, 90% of overheads at 0 range just pass thru my block and take half of my health, however when I play on another ISP with 30-40 ping I can block those strikes easily) while in native melee I don't get any of those problems.
Spamming is also quite effective, due to the stabbing hitboxes hitting more to the right than the mesh shows (and also causing a lot of unintentional tks) coupled with low turning speed (which makes straight hits quite hard to pull off) gives you possibility to outspam people with 70+ ping (if you don't have good footing, you can get outspammed no matter of your ping).
Thing is, this strategies work only in NW, they're all strategies of low level play. Trying to do that on native will get you killed really fast while on NW you can easily top the scoreboards with it.
Also, any higher level of play here doesn't exist with bayos. And yes, upper stab chambering overhead slash looks rather ridiculous.

Oposum said:
Rigadoon said:

True about warband melee, but NW bayo melee is broken. Much less now than it was patch ago though (it's playable but still bugged and unbalanced).
Feintspamming is hard to counter here, implied chambers don't work most of the time, ****ty animations will prevent you from seeing which attack is being executed if you don't have 15 ping.
Also, overhead stab stupidity (too high damage, insta head hit) beats to the ground everyone with ping over 50-60 (when I play with 70 ping, 90% of overheads at  range just pass thru my block and take half of my health, however when I play on another ISP with 30-40 ping I can block those strikes easily) while in native melee I don't get any of those problems.
Spamming is also quite effective, due to the stabbing hitboxes hitting more to the right than the mesh shows (and also causing a lot of unintentional tks) coupled with low turning speed (which makes straight hits quite hard to pull off) gives you possibility to outspam people with 70+ ping (if you don't have good footing, you can get outspammed no matter of your ping).
Thing is, this strategies work only in NW, they're all strategies of low level play. Trying to do that on native will get you killed really fast while on NW you can easily top the scoreboards with it.
Also, any higher level of play here doesn't exist with bayos. And yes, upper stab chambering overhead slash looks rather ridiculous.
I know of many who can chamber intensionally with no problem at all(Azrooh and Boxtart are examples). There are also plenty of people who can counter feint spamming. When I play, I really don't notice any problems unless I'm above 150 ping. Anything below and I have no problem getting a high score on any TDM or DM server. It's true that NW combat is different than NW. It requires different strategies to win, like feinting and spinning. Of course these strategies wouldn't work well in Native. That doesn't mean it's a lower level of play or 'cheap' as people like to call it. All you need to do is learn how to counter it(which is completely possible) and learn to employ it yourself. That's all there is to it. It's not cheap, it's not hard, it's just not Native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom