white faces

Users who are viewing this thread

So i started to test my mod today after having added in 4 items into the scene props and my characters face is white with black stripes, i tried creating another one same thing you have any clue why that happened?

fixed*
for future reference if this ever happens to anyone it was a silly mistake but make sure you always put the load_module_resource on top and leave the load_resource below those.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
make sure you always put the load_module_resource on top and leave the load_resource below those.
That doesn't seem a good idea: the load_resource lines are specifically ordered to load the shaders and textures first, then the materials, and then everything else, so if your brf uses any textures, shaders, or materials from Native Warband, it must be loaded afterwards, and in other cases it shouldn't matter. That you had problems when your load_mod_resource lines were afterwards sounds like you have a faulty brf with conflicting resource names, or something; all the PW brfs have always worked perfectly when loaded last of all, as you could see.

This goes for many other types of lists when modding: add new entries at the end, unless you know a good reason why they need to be at the start.

Vornne said:
Arthur_Pendragon said:
make sure you always put the load_module_resource on top and leave the load_resource below those.
That doesn't seem a good idea: the load_resource lines are specifically ordered to load the shaders and textures first, then the materials, and then everything else, so if your brf uses any textures, shaders, or materials from Native Warband, it must be loaded afterwards, and in other cases it shouldn't matter. That you had problems when your load_mod_resource lines were afterwards sounds like you have a faulty brf with conflicting resource names, or something; all the PW brfs have always worked perfectly when loaded last of all, as you could see.

This goes for many other types of lists when modding: add new entries at the end, unless you know a good reason why they need to be at the start.
thanks for the information.

I noticed this thread after having similar issue, from a bit of distance all of the faces of non-human race I was working on turned into white plane. I had my own mesh and skin prepared for them with their own, unique, names, therefore it wasn't based on the conflicting files. As the face up close was working well, I figured out that it has to be related to way Warband is computing LODs. What helped for me was to remove all of the LODs, I will be checking if leaving lod1 or lod2 is doing any good.

Back
Top Bottom