What made you sad today? v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Really not having a good day, mental health-wise. In fact I'd say this is the worst I've felt in a long time, perhaps in a couple of years. Whew. This sucks. And I don't really know what to do about it other than read or watch TV to try and distract my mind, and then go to bed tonight and hope things are better when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the reply. I went for a drive, which helped a lot. I feel a lot better now. Now I just need to keep myself from sinking back to where I was a few hours ago.

There's plenty I wish was different. I don't know if I can do anything about it, though.

I wrote a long-winded, unhappy rant here earlier, but didn't post it. Now I'm glad I didn't. I did email a therapist/counselor, though. I've never spoken to any kind of mental health professional before, but I hope it works out. It was kinda scary when I realized that I was feeling like suicide might be my only hope of finding contentment. I've never talked to anyone before because men in my family don't talk about that ****, they bury it deep down and keep going. I've tried to find my way through my issues on my own, but I'm clearly not succeeding. Here's hoping the lady calls/emails me back tomorrow.

I just want to say that I am not a therapist and I don’t know you, but I want to say what I find helps me with my mental and physical wellbeing.
Talking to a therapist is, I think, a very good first step forward.
Also, I think that physical exercises can be very uplifting for the spirit.
For example, I try to walk at least 10 kilometers (6 miles) a day (when I am at work it is usually more than that). I find it very rewarding and it is also good for the body and mind (if you can walk of course, I know not everyone can).
It can help me to get other thoughts or think about things differently, and it can give a certain kind of achievement, if you know what I mean.
When I have time, I go running or do physical execises with my own bodyweight to stay in shape, but walking really helps me to stay positive.
Anyhow, good luck and be well.

(English is not my native language).

Back
Top Bottom