What is your greatest fear/phobia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Fear of going crazy? Nah. I'd rather lose my marbles than lose all my limbs and be stuck fully cognizant in a body that can't do anything. Unless of course it was to happen at a time during which advanced robotics mean that lost limbs can be replaced by powerful prosthetics which increase your strength and speed and possibly shoot lasers out of cool pop-up guns. I would be like RoboCop. Only more, RoboPharaoh. In fact, I might just download my consciousness into a fully robotic body. That would solve both potential problems.
But then you wouldn't be able to do the various minor pleasures of being flesh and bone.
No more farting in a room filled with friends and relatives.
No more tasting foods.
No more climax in sex.

Think of all the pleasures you will be missing!

When I was really young, like 8 years old, I used to stay up all night fearing nuclear war. I'd think about being just far enough out of range of the initial blast to see the explosion just before being melted alive by intense heat. Heavy stuff for an 8 year old. I don't worry about much any more though. I think I'm more worried for my family than anything else.

Something horrible about violence towards children.  Other people can be maimed or physically rearranged due to their own stupidity but I hate it when kids collide with things and bounce off walls.  They react the same way no matter how it happens so its no measure of how severe the impact was. 

Seff said:
Afraid of losing my mind. Alzheimer's, etc.

Afraid of wasting my life, not living up to my potential or not seizing the chances I have.
These things.
Also the deep water thing, seems thats pretty common.

I've always suspected you to be a serial killer, but now I have confirmation.

I fear getting raped. I think I wouldn't be able to deal with it afterwards, I'd be broken for life. I can't stand being a powerless person, I've always been strong and even if I sometimes extensively wallow in self-pity I still manage to pick myself up. Having no control anymore would be a nightmare and I feel there's a chance I wouldn't be able to wake up from it for the rest of my life.
But my greatest fear is losing my sight forever. Not being able to see the world around me, the face of my girlfriend or never being able to draw again would be the most horrible thing ever.

Back
Top Bottom