What be on yer mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to prove I'm not a pig to every non-straight-male person I meet is hard. Having to play like a pig (or just not talk at all) to those who assume that's a good thing so I'm not cast aside or mistreated is worse. Seeing friends having their freedoms limited because of their sex/orientation while I'm free-er being in somewhat the same conditions is terrible. And being told by those friends that's because I'm a man makes me ashamed of it.

Then I remember all those guys that embrace their position and abuse it, and complain if they're not pleased, it makes me sick. Everything about it feels wrong to me. This image of oppressor I portray without even knowing I'm doing so, not being such.

Male tears, I guess.

No, I get it. And I feel like that, too. Just not unhappy of being a man. I'm unhappy that so many men are ****ing stupid in regards to gender, and basic humanity, that's all.

Headmaster said:
Having to prove I'm not a pig to every non-straight-male person I meet is hard. Having to play like a pig (or just not talk at all) to those who assume that's a good thing so I'm not cast aside or mistreated is worse. Seeing friends having their freedoms limited because of their sex/orientation while I'm free-er being in somewhat the same conditions is terrible. And being told by those friends that's because I'm a man makes me ashamed of it.

Then I remember all those guys that embrace their position and abuse it, and complain if they're not pleased, it makes me sick. Everything about it feels wrong to me. This image of oppressor I portray without even knowing I'm doing so, not being such.

Male tears, I guess.

I guess I sorta get what you mean. I don't see that as a reason to "regret" being a man, though. Maybe resentment for other members of your gender, I suppose.
I've never identified with women much more than I've identified with men, in general, and I've dealt with some pretty wicked women in my life too, so I've never "regretted" being male.

I kinda wanted to write more here, but I'm not sure what to say without sounding vaguely feminist or a dickwad, so I'll reserve that.

Epicrules said:
Pimple_of_Pixels said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

Huh, that's sorta interesting. Something new everyday.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
I guess I sorta get what you mean. I don't see that as a reason to "regret" being a man, though. Maybe resentment for other members of your gender, I suppose.
I've never identified with women much more than I've identified with men, in general, and I've dealt with some pretty wicked women in my life too, so I've never "regretted" being male.
Individual encounters don't really matter to me. It's more about the culture itself. I think I'd fare off better as a woman because my personality fits the gender role better. Not saying I would conform to it, of course, I'd just have a better footing to go independent.

Wolfhead said:
No, I get it. And I feel like that, too. Just not unhappy of being a man. I'm unhappy that so many men are ****ing stupid in regards to gender, and basic humanity, that's all.
And those men are what people measure me up against, and address me for before knowing me and getting to the conclusion I'm kinda queer and strange.

Epicrules said:
I'd probably never do any kind of permanent operation. It's not exactly a body issue, more of a mentality one. I really don't care about having a penis or a vagina, both serve their purposes.

Headmaster said:
Epicrules said:
I'd probably never do any kind of permanent operation. It's not exactly a body issue, more of a mentality one. I really don't care about having a penis or a vagina, both serve their purposes.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm not particularly sure why a lot of people think transgender and transexuality are synonymous.

Headmaster said:
And those men are what people measure me up against, and address me for before knowing me and getting to the conclusion I'm kinda queer and strange.
Be the example. Educate whenever you can. Being a man gives you this opportunity, since most sexist arseholes won't listen to women.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Headmaster said:

Male tears, I guess.

Assholes are unisex, so it seems redundant to hold it across as a representative example among either/any gender/sex.

See, I wanted to go on to say that you should basically have that kind of resentment for being human rather than just being male, but no matter how I phrased it, it sounded bad.

I've met considerably fewer women assholes though. But again, the problem is not on the individual but the whole.

(now that's how you say something that's serious and at the same time sounds bad)

Headmaster said:
I've met considerably fewer women assholes though. But again, the problem is not on the individual but the whole.

(now that's how you say something that's serious and at the same time sounds bad)

Hahah I call bull****, maybe you don't notice but I believe women are just as assholish as men, it is just us either not seeing it because of 'might get sex' My female friends some times let their guard down around me and start talking and I think to myself "Wow, girls are vicious"  I tell them and they cackle and say "yes, you don't know the half of it"

TLDR: Everyone is an *******, just ask Hector  :razz:

:lol:

Yeah, Head... Women can be truly nasty, especially to one another, you're utterly wrong there man. You notice this particularly in Health related courses, as they usually have a lot more women than men. The more you put together, the more drama there is.

Headmaster said:
It's not about dicks, man. Don't try to bring dicks to the center of attention. We already do it a lot. :razz:

I understand that, the joke was just a lighthearted way of saying that you all are making things too complicated by mixing all that gender identification stuff with social problems.

If someone is a man and an ******* it's not your problem, even more just because you're a man too.

I mean, this bull**** of thinking you're doing something wrong by being male and heterossexual (in some cases white too) is really idiotic.

As Sierra said, women can be just as assholish as men, maybe you haven't lived/coexisted/worked with enough women to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom